collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hello from England!  (Read 903 times)

Offline cookifaa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • My real pony is jealous of my vinyl ponies.
    • View Profile
Hello from England!
« on: March 15, 2018, 01:54:36 PM »
Hi! I'm Madison and I've been a collector my entire life (literally). I actually received my first ponies before I was born, my mum was given them at her baby shower. The first pony I ever remember receiving was a Year One Kimono, who was and still is my favourite ever pony!

As well as my plastic ponies, I have three big fur babies! Their names are Sadie (a 15.2hh, 24 y/o, bay OTTB who is absolutely mental), Kasper (a 12.2hh, 7 y/o, appaloosa Shetland x Cob who's body is wayyyy too big for his legs) and Bee (a 15.1hh, 3 y/o piebald Percheron x Cob who is a really just a big baby and the one in my picture!)

Personal:

How old are you? I'm 16!

Where do you live? State, Country? I actually live in South Yorkshire, England!

Do you work or attend school? Profession or major? I'm in my final year of high school! In September I'm off to college to sit my A-Levels and then I'm going to study Equine Veterinary! I am also a volunteer at my local riding school where my mother also works as the head riding instructor. I work in exchange for rides on a Sunday.

Who are the important people in your life? My parents definitely. My brother is there somewhere (he's not that bad, sometimes). Also my animals, they count right?

Ponies:

How long have you been collecting? All my life, so nearly 17 years.

Which generations of ponies do you collect? G1, G2, G3 or G4? I mainly collect G1 and G3. I have a few G2's and G4's though!

What made you want to collect ponies? Well my parents started collecting ponies for me and seeing as I have my own ponies and have been riding since before I could walk, I have naturally collected them over the years.

Tell us about your collection! I have 431 ponies in total! I have 8 G4 ponies, 11 G2 Ponies, 367 G3/G3.5 ponies, and 45 G1's! I stopped collecting ponies for a while a few years back but jumped back into the collecting world head first back in November!

I don't really know what else to say, apart from the fact that I'm a really awkward and not at all helpful person, haha!

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from England!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 03:57:51 PM »
Hi, welcome to the Arena! It's really cool you have horses :D G1 and G3 are great generations to collect! It seems you also have a great collection! :D Glad you joined, I look forward to seeing you around! Hope you have fun here!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 04:42:06 AM »
Welcome to the arena! Sounds like your living the dream life that I always wanted growing up as a child! :) Enjoy those horses and ponies! :)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 11:22:27 AM »
Hello fellow UK person :) Welcome to the Arena! Sounds like you have a great collection already! Like you, I've collected most all of my life :)

There are an increasing number of people in the community who grew up with G3 as well as lots of G1 collectors, so hopefully you'll find this a fun place to be :D

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 11:35:25 AM »
hi ace to see another uk person on the arena are you coming to uk pony con this year ? xaflamex

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2018, 01:04:21 PM »
Hey! Good to see another UK collector on the forum. I’ve lived in Manchester for 10 years but I’m originally from South Yorkshire - my parents and sister live near Barnsley. Whereabouts are you from? Good luck in your A-Levels - not long to go now! I’m a Sixth Form teacher so I know how stressful this time of year is!!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2018, 03:38:07 PM »
Great to have you here.  You already have such a large collection, but I am sure it will get even bigger now that you have joined us.  Prepare to get pony obsessed!  LOL Enjoy the forums :cheer:

Offline cookifaa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • My real pony is jealous of my vinyl ponies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2018, 05:26:16 PM »
Thank you for all the welcomes, I'm very excited to be here! I'm going to try and be active in the forums. I say that but I tend to just watch rather than reply :lol:

Post Merge: March 17, 2018, 05:27:27 PM

hi ace to see another uk person on the arena are you coming to uk pony con this year ? xaflamex

I had no idea there was a pony con in the UK! It just proves that I really don't pay attention to much :lol: when and where is it?

Post Merge: March 17, 2018, 05:31:25 PM

Hey! Good to see another UK collector on the forum. I’ve lived in Manchester for 10 years but I’m originally from South Yorkshire - my parents and sister live near Barnsley. Whereabouts are you from? Good luck in your A-Levels - not long to go now! I’m a Sixth Form teacher so I know how stressful this time of year is!!

Thank you and I'm from Thorne! Its a town just outside of Doncaster. And Thank you, I'm already stressed out about everything and I still have two months until my GCSE's and two years to my A-levels, haha I'm a huge stress head :lol:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 05:31:25 PM by cookifaa »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2018, 11:17:57 PM »
Exams are always stressful. Good luck!!

Ponycon's location hasn't been announced yet. It usually happens in October over a weekend - normally second or third week but it can change. It moves around to give different regions a chance of hosting it (and depending on the venue the committee find). Last year it was in Bristol. Year before it was Leeds, and before that, Leicester, to give you some idea xD.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2018, 11:24:58 PM »
Hey there my fellow high school student! Sounds like somebody’s living quite the dream. It sounds like you are quite the helpful person, volunteering at the local riding school. Hope to see you around!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2018, 02:25:55 AM »

Thank you and I'm from Thorne! Its a town just outside of Doncaster. And Thank you, I'm already stressed out about everything and I still have two months until my GCSE's and two years to my A-levels, haha I'm a huge stress head :lol:

I have friends in Thorne, what a small world! Ponycon is great fun. I couldn’t make it last year but I’ve been to about 5 of them and they’re great for new collectors especially - so much to see and buy!

Aaah sorry I misread your original post! Well good luck in your GCSE’s...all the hard work will be worth it in August!

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2018, 08:38:43 PM »
Welcome to the Arena :lovey:

I do have to say that I loved the crack about your brother!!!!  It's something I would say about mine!!! :silly:

Hope you have a wonderful time on the forum!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal