collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: A question about the G2 beanie babies.  (Read 931 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
A question about the G2 beanie babies.
« on: March 15, 2018, 10:41:50 AM »
So these are currently living in my cupboard at the moment, and I don't have easy photos to hand. But there are six of them I think. Dainty Dove. Sky Skimmer, Light Heart, Sunsparkle and Ivy? One other - I want to say Sweetberry? We got them from probably Woolworths back when G2 were out, maybe around 1998-9, and somewhere I think I also have their shop display box, but goodness knows where it is.

They look something like this:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 (Not my image).

I am guessing that since G2 is a neglected species, these aren't worth anything specifically, but I guess what my question really was was does anyone have a good suggestion about storing them? Right now they are sitting on my G1 ponies' heads. And those ponies are not happy about them. They don't seem to come up in discussion very often, though I do sometimes see them in ebay lots.

Also any other detail about them, where they were sold, when from and so on would be appreciated.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 10:44:03 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: A question about the G2 beanie babies.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 11:30:59 AM »
I got all of mine at once from a KB Toys, except for the overseas ones (either UK or Europe but I got them on Ebay so I can't remember which.  Maybe both?).  In addition to the 6 you have there's also Moonshadow (as Moonshine), Tipsy Tulip, and Morning Glory.  I think my US ones at least still have their paper tags so I could check for the date on them for you.  As for price, you're correct - the original 6 aren't worth much.  The other 3 used to be because it was harder to find them but even they're not bad.  Maybe $10 each for those?

Mine are hanging from a hook on my pegboard but I have thought about using their plastic hangers to attach them to a thin chain hanging from a shelf eventually.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 11:41:32 AM »
I have those ones as well. When I first wrote my post I was sure there was Moonshadow and Tipsy Tulip but when I googled I couldn't find them. I don't know about Morning Glory though. Some are in storage with my sister's ponies, possibly. I'm 3 hours from my collection at the moment so reliant on memory ;) Looking through old collection shot pictures, though, I can see Moonshadow for sure.

I am not looking to sell them so price is not too important for me. But I am glad I posted, because you confirmed I wasn't crazy when my instinct said Tipsy Tulip and Moonshadow XD.

Edit to add - one of my photos I can just see a pink beanie nose with definitely purple hair. So that might be Morning Glory :)

I don't really have a lot of hanging space and I'd be worried about fading of hair?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 11:52:08 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 11:50:17 AM »
Those are so cute! I'd love to see a pattern based off of them.
I don't have enough space to display plush well so I just do the stuffed animal hammock thing.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 12:08:16 PM »
I have them floating around on my website somewhere.
There should be 9 of them :)

http://lavenderlagoon.weebly.com/beanies.html

Mine are just hanging around on their seperate shelf, so not much help here :P

Offline mulbiles

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 12:39:57 PM »
I store mine in a ziplock bag with those silica gel packs.  They're adorable!   

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2018, 06:57:23 AM »
They also look cute in a pyramid pileup on the big bed from the G1 playset (name escapes me now,  but the bed is the main piece of the set) or if you happen to have the G2 wedding carriage in its box, they sit nicely on top of that. I paid anywhere from $3 to $12 for mine (have them all), but that was a good six years ago or more.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2018, 07:02:29 AM »
Hrm. I have the bed and I have the wedding box (not MIB but we had them from new) but all of those are in the attic. I did have them hanging out around the MIP ponies in the top of the wardrobe but right now that isn't practical. The packing them with gel may be the option if they have to go up in storage like my G2 loose ponies. I am not sure.

Thanks for the suggestions. When I go home next week I will pull them out and see exactly how many I have to find storage for. I don't know where their shop tray is, probably the loft, but it's a bit space-hoggy to use.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2018, 02:19:17 PM »
Finally found a photo in my collection that shows all of them and it seems that I need to store 6 which means naynie has the other three. I have Tipsy Tulip, Morning Glory, Moonshadow, Sky Skimmer, Lightheart and I think, Sweetberry. Some of those have fading hair, so I guess a place out of direct light would be best...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal