collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Questions about Pony Fair 2018 Contest  (Read 256 times)

Offline Faerie-StarV

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
Questions about Pony Fair 2018 Contest
« on: March 11, 2018, 04:08:21 AM »
I was looking at this page about this year's fair contest https://www.mylittleponycon.com/contests and I wanted to ask some questions about it since I've been thinking of entering.

The first question I wanted to ask about the artwork. Do you allow digital art like Photoshop? I'm not talking about the images you find on Google and put them together(which I am sure that is not allowed), I'm talking about drawing ponies(y) from scratch. It didn't say your allowed or not to do digital art which is why I wanted to ask.

Second question is that if you do, is there a certain paper I need to use to print on?

Third and last stupid question, where do I drop it off at the fair? I only know very little back in 2012 but I don't know if it changed or not.

Sorry for my stupid questions because I'm new at this contest and wanted to know what I'm getting into before making my decision.

I also made this post because I'm afraid if I asked this question on other thread, it'll get lost and some of the members who may have a similar questions like mine. If any of you who are in charge of the contest or participated before, please tell me because I would really appreciate it.  :art:

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
Re: Questions about Pony Fair 2018 Contest
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 06:03:51 PM »
The first question I wanted to ask about the artwork. Do you allow digital art like Photoshop? I'm not talking about the images you find on Google and put them together(which I am sure that is not allowed), I'm talking about drawing ponies(y) from scratch. It didn't say your allowed or not to do digital art which is why I wanted to ask.
Digital art is fine. We don't have separate categories for different drawing mediums, so digital would be entered in the same category as hand drawn or painted art.

Second question is that if you do, is there a certain paper I need to use to print on?
No specific paper required... whatever paper you use is up to you.

Third and last stupid question, where do I drop it off at the fair? I only know very little back in 2012 but I don't know if it changed or not.
This information will be printed in the program that is handed out with ticket packages and/or available on the digital schedule that will be posted closer to the event. Typically we have a designated location and time slot to drop off contest entries. Judging/vote tallying happens Saturday night, then contest entries can be picked up on Sunday.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 06:19:49 PM by kitkatvintage »

Offline Faerie-StarV

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
Re: Questions about Pony Fair 2018 Contest
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 01:28:22 AM »
Digital art is fine. We don't have separate categories for different drawing mediums, so digital would be entered in the same category as hand drawn or painted art.

No specific paper required... whatever paper you use is up to you.

This information will be printed in the program that is handed out with ticket packages and/or available on the digital schedule that will be posted closer to the event. Typically we have a designated location and time slot to drop off contest entries. Judging/vote tallying happens Saturday night, then contest entries can be picked up on Sunday.
Thanks so much! :3 I just wanted to make sure since I tend to have trouble understanding certain things and that we're on the same page.
I do have some ideas of what I'm going to submit.  :frolic: