collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Who were your first Ponies?

G1 - had as a kid
67 (64.4%)
G1 - got them as an adult
2 (1.9%)
G2 - had as a kid
5 (4.8%)
G2 - had them as an adult
0 (0%)
G3 - had as a kid
20 (19.2%)
G3 - had them as an adult
1 (1%)
G4 - had as a kid
2 (1.9%)
G4 - had them as an adult
6 (5.8%)
Something else and I will share in my reply
1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: Who were your first Ponies?  (Read 5071 times)

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
Re: Who were your first Ponies?
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2018, 06:11:36 PM »
G2 Skyskimmer was my first, as a small kid. Then I got a few G1 ponies from antique stores, then G3 came out and I collected those and G1 simultaneously as a kid. I still collect G1 as an adult. So, technically G2 was my first, but I first really collected G1, used, as a kid.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Moonstar

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Prancing On Air
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2018, 06:32:55 PM »
Sparkler was the first pony I remember getting, but I had FF Minty and Applejack way back when to so I dunno. I was born the same year as year 2 so there is a chance I had them since I was a baby and just can't recall. I never gave up on my collection and still have my childhood ponies but there was a gap between the years when G1 ended, G2 ended, and ebay started :3
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 08:23:04 PM by Moonstar »

"The Rainbow of Light belongs here, with the Little Ponies."

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2018, 08:12:28 PM »
I had G3 McDonalds ponies. No actual G3s or any other ponies. I loved them to death though!

For the bonus questions, I followed along with G4, occasionally getting some brushables and watching the show a lot. I knew of G1 and the other generations but I though G1 was "ugly" (what I told some of my friends) :blush: My mom took me to an antique store, and I got bored and I came across this stall with lots of toys and a basket of overpriced G1s. I fell in love, and spent hours on the wiki and the MLPPP, and also as a guest on the Arena :D And my opinion of G1 being ugly has, of course, completely changed, haha!

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Goanna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2018, 08:16:05 PM »
G4, as an adult ^^
My first pony was G4 Rarity from the Wedding Singles series  :biggrin: I got into ponies after watching the G4 show!

Offline vira

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2018, 09:02:53 PM »
G3 as a kid for me!

my first pony was sunny daze, as a birthday gift from one of my friends. <3 then rainbow dash was my second! i forget most of the others, but i know i had moondancer, star catcher, and wysteria as well.

somewhere along the line i parted ways with them, but when i was 13 g4 had just started and reminded me of my ponies. i wound up buying a G3.5 sweetie belle at kmart, and the rest is history! now i collect all gens, and have around 200+ ponies

seeing them each day has brought joy to my life, and im glad my interest was reignited!

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2018, 10:39:21 PM »
I had g3 fluttershy and starswirl growing up, as well as all kinds of McDonald’s g3 ponies. But it wasn’t really my chief interest for collecting. It wasn’t until around 2014 I became into ponies. And 2016 when I wanted to collect all I have now.
     I’m a bit sad that I never really played with mlp as a kid, preferring carebears or Barbie. But with all the joy my pony adventure has brought since 2014, I think that hole has been filled tenfold.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2018, 12:32:48 AM »
G1. As a kid my first pony was ft baby Northstar, but I called her Silver at the time as it was the name Firefly had in the first dub of Resuce at Midnight Castle. Next pony was either Milky Way or Majesty with the castle, TAF Sundance, on to Mainsail, Barnacle, Pony Bride and Tassles.

My reconnection happened in my late teens. I was 18 in 2002 and about to move out from home for the first time. Me and mom was in a supermarket to buy utensils and groceries for my kitchen when in the media area I found this huge bin with old VHStapes. It had everything from Rescue Rangers, Denver, Transformers and My Little Pony. I digged deep and found two MLP movies I remember loving as a kid and bought them. At home I was dissapointed as the voices weren't as I remembered as a kid and the ponies had their real names. I posted about it on my diary at a Swedish forum and a girl saw it, and invited me to an mlpgroup where I learnt about the different dubs and that you could buy the dolls on tradera. Next time I was at the supermarket I bought the rest of the MLPfilms they had and got the rest from the auction site before I decided to give the dolls a try three years later. Kind of stuck since. :lookround:

Offline Shaz

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2018, 01:57:25 AM »
I got into ponies in 2013, aged 20 but still a kid at heart. I was helping my girlfriend clear out a cupboard and we found some of her childhood ponies (she had mostly G1 and a few G2; she used to get them in charity shops and at car-boot sales). I just thought they were really cute and awesome! We went on eBay to see what they were worth now, just out of curiosity, and were excited by all the cute ponies that were available. I especially liked Baby Ribbon; as it was nearly my birthday, my girlfriend bought her as a present for me! We were originally just going to have one pony each out on display: my Baby Ribbon and her childhood Little Flitter. Only somehow things got out of hand....especially when we discovered there was a new generation of ponies that you could buy in Tesco's while getting your groceries....

Four years and a few months later, and here we are knee-deep in ponies, dolls and other toys, ponies having acted as a sort of gateway drug to the wonderful world of toy-collecting. Some toys we collect for nostalgic reasons as one or both of us had them as children; others are more recent discoveries. For me toy-collecting is just about having fun, having something nice to think about when life is stressful, enjoying something without caring what people think. I like the creative side too, like doing restorations, taking photos, making up stories. I also like finding out the history of older toys like G1 ponies, because history is something I'm into. Ponies are such joyful little things, I think everyone should have something in their life that is just fun and makes them happy.

Sorry, I seem to have written a bit of an essay  :blush:

Offline Bewilderbeast

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • contextual tomato consumption
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2018, 03:44:21 AM »
I got my first pony so long ago when I was so young, I literally don't remember who it was. I feel like it was Peachy though. I absolutely started with G1s in the early 90s when they were actually still being sold in shops (I distinctly remember being in a toy shop with my mother at about 3? and seeing the roller skating ponies on sale) and that's how I got my Baby Sapphire and Baby Ruby. I remember opening them new in a KFC in Folkestone. All the rest of my ponies were secondhand, and I've kept the 70-odd I had as a child (barring some replacements such as Wind Whistler and Majesty) and my G2s, they've crossed a continent twice and I'm never, ever letting them go. They're stupidly important to me.
Call me Pixie!

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2018, 04:42:39 AM »
I grew up with G1. My very first pony was Baby Firefly when I was like, 5 or 6. :)

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2018, 11:31:01 AM »
I grew up with G3s, and owned Rainbow Flash, Baby Romperooni, Petal Blossom, Baby Flower Flash, and Scooter Sprite. Scooter Sprite is the only pony I actually remember getting and opening on my fifth birthday. I was also given G1 Starglow, who was originally my older sister's. This was the only pony she ever had.

I still own all of my childhood ponies.

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2018, 01:33:24 PM »
I got into G1s when I was 8 years old. I watched the cartoon sometimes. I mainly just love to play with them and go on adventures. I sometimes would act out plays with them. That was a fun time for me. I remember that my first pony was Cotton Candy I think. I got the plushie first I think. I did hear the plushies may have came out early so maybe I did get the plushie first then other ponies. 1982 is when I was introduced to ponyland. :)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2018, 02:31:10 PM »
My first pony was Baby Firefly when I was a kid. I think she was a gift from my grandmother. Probably all the ponies I had were gifts, because I was all about dogs as a kid and didn't have too many horse toys. I never even knew there was a cartoon until I joined the Arena :lol: But I do remember watching Rescue from Midnight Castle, most likely at a friends house.

How I got into collecting and the community was because of customs actually! It was a G3 Pyramid Head pony in fact, though I don't know who by. I learned so much about MLP I never knew! My first pony as a collector was Wigwam and now I have an army of over 60 orange ponies (and some non-orange ones too!) :)

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Kikwifluff

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Bait ponies need love too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2018, 06:16:42 PM »
My first pony that I have memory of was Strawberry Swirl, from g3.

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2018, 08:12:39 PM »
G3 Jazz Matazz and Wave Catcher were my firsts, and as an adult. I was not into MLP until I was an adult. lol

|My Collection|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal