Creativity > Customs

How long does it take to rehair the mane of an adult G1 pony?

(1/3) > >>

Rachel8125:
How long does it take to rehair the mane of an adult G1 pony?

I've recently had my method called into question when one of my friends uses a different method, which only takes her about an hour to rehair the mane. The method I've been using takes about 6-8 hours!!!!

I use a tool and basically scoop the hair into the holes. She knots the end of her mane hair before pushing it through. The manes come out thinner than mine though, but still look good.

I was just interested in how long it takes other people to rehair G1 manes?

flutterscotch:
It takes me about an hour and a half, I just jam it in there and throw glue in there afterwards.  I only rehair for myself, though.

glitterball:
I take a while as I prep my hair plugs first -
making about 80 to 100 plugs, depending on the number of holes, with a central double-knot.
I do this in one evening, in between doing the school run, making dinner etc!

Then, when I have a couple of free hours, I will do the actual re-hairing using a needle and strong thread to pull the plug through. It takes a bit longer but it means I have a strong mane that doesn't need any glue to secure it afterwards (just my personal preference) then I can get on with boiling/cold water setting.  ^.^

tailrustedtealeaf:
It depends on experience and your method! Knotting takes longer but some feel that it is more secure, while using a rehair tool is quicker and you secure the hair with glue.

pinkkittywinks:
I use the tool method and it takes 30-45 minutes to rehair an adult pony.

Love pkw xxx

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version