collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Facebook buyer warning  (Read 1096 times)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
Facebook buyer warning
« on: March 08, 2018, 08:12:41 AM »
Mods, please remove if not allowed. I know many of you purchase and sell on facebook groups. I had a payment for a substantial sale that was reported as fraud early in February. It was what I thought was a successful sale at the beginning of January. I've waited patiently for a month and no monies have been received from the buyer to make it right. This person also resold items right away a day after they were received. This person is not on the arena as far as I know, but to help others, can I have this person added to the bad trader/buyer list?

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook buyer warning
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 11:29:44 AM »
Yep go ahead and send me an email from my profile, that's my primary email :)
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 09:05:27 AM »
Yep go ahead and send me an email from my profile, that's my primary email :)
Thanks! I'll get something over to ya asap!!

If there's anywhere else you may suggest reporting her I'd be happy to reach out.
I'm out a good chunk of change because of this and after selling for more than a decade with no issues this one makes me very sad.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 09:11:22 AM by mlp4me »

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 11:46:09 AM »
Yes, there is a bad buyer/seller/trader group to warn others on facebook. it's pretty geared to the pony community. (if you have any difficulty finding it, please don't hesitate to send me a message)

Now.
this was something I didn't know until more recently. Typically a lot of local police will not care much- but there are very specific places to report fraud like this, and they will handle it. and ALWAYS report it. People who scam don't pick a sole isolated victim. you will be one of many, and the more victims who report, the faster these scammers are faced with legal consequences. And, although it takes time (faster with more reports from more people) when it comes time to pay the piper, it's no longer a crime they can get away with without ruining their entire life pretty much.

if one party is in the USA

FBI's IC3

and US scammer
U.S. Postal Inspection Service

Internet crimes involving mail fraud can be reported in both places. Most countries do also have post inspectors to file reports in a scammers home country too.

If anyone is wondering,
get a criminal record you can't rent a nice apartment or house, you could lose your job, you become pretty close to unemployable. think of all the things in life that you're asked if you have a criminal record. ;)

I have heard of older cases where some victims started getting money back through court restitution. some though, will never have money to repay.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal