collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Lady Lovely Locks- Show me!  (Read 4570 times)

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
Re: Lady Lovely Locks- Show me!
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2018, 03:04:27 AM »
I had Lady Lovelylocks as a kid- I still have her, although somehow over the years her head detached itself from her body :cry: Anyone know how to fix that sort of thing? I still have her, and the dress. Her pixietails got lost over the years though. I think I gave them to others after LLL lost her head.

I always wanted to get Maiden Fairhair and Ravenwaves when I was a kid. Those were my fav characters. Even though Ravenwaves wasn’t exactly that nice, I thought she was insanely pretty! I wanted Prince Strongheart too, but more as the love interest. Usually, that was what the boys were in my toy stories ;)
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2018, 08:07:55 AM »
Fixing doll heads/necks isn't that hard... you just need some superglue and some patience to re-sculpt a bit.  :)

The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline katrine2309

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2018, 01:39:28 PM »
Fixing doll heads/necks isn't that hard... you just need some superglue and some patience to re-sculpt a bit.  :)

Re-sculpt? Now, you see -to me that sounds difficult :lol: I am not super handy. Do you know of any tutorials? Maybe I’ll see if I can find her in my old toy box. And fix her up ;)

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline MysticalGypsy

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2018, 01:29:53 PM »
Talk about a walk down memory lane!
I remember I had Lady Lovelylocks herself... the brown haired one & the one with the mermaid tail skirt. Also I may have had the price to!
Thanks for posting the pictures, I really enjoyed looking at them.  =^_^=
~*Formerly known as BlackIris*~
*** Thanks  ponymaker for my Gypsy blinkie! ***

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2018, 11:04:47 AM »
I had Lady Lovelylocks as a kid- I still have her, although somehow over the years her head detached itself from her body :cry: Anyone know how to fix that sort of thing? I still have her, and the dress. Her pixietails got lost over the years though. I think I gave them to others after LLL lost her head.

I always wanted to get Maiden Fairhair and Ravenwaves when I was a kid. Those were my fav characters. Even though Ravenwaves wasn’t exactly that nice, I thought she was insanely pretty! I wanted Prince Strongheart too, but more as the love interest. Usually, that was what the boys were in my toy stories ;)

Did the nob break?  Probably-  I would just buy a baity looking replacement on ebay.   Search by Lady Lovelylocks or alternatively TCFC doll - steer clear of the ones that look like they have no necks- as they probably also have a broken neck joint.

Offline katrine2309

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2018, 11:13:09 AM »

Did the nob break?  Probably-  I would just buy a baity looking replacement on ebay.   Search by Lady Lovelylocks or alternatively TCFC doll - steer clear of the ones that look like they have no necks- as they probably also have a broken neck joint.

Yes- the neck broke! Replacement body? Is it common to find that? How do you attach the head again? Just push it on?

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2018, 12:34:20 PM »

Yes- the neck broke! Replacement body? Is it common to find that? How do you attach the head again? Just push it on?

Yes, it's nothing special. Just a little nob at the end just like a Barbie doll or nearly every other kind of fashion type doll you have ever seen.

There are plenty of cheap dolls on ebay who can spare a body.  If not today, than just keep an eye out.  I would consider  $3-$5 + shipping reasonable.

Just be very careful when removing the head- hold the head under very hot water (like hot tap water) for a while and that should soften the plastic for easier work.  You can also use a hair dryer but I always fry the hair or burn my fingers that way...

Offline centaurette

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • i'm preparing to shine... from the inside, out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2018, 07:55:40 PM »
Oh my goodness, this thread is amazing... Lady Lovely Locks is my favorite of the things I have, though I don't have very much! I'm so glad to see that people still love them, I'm always looking to expand my collection so this is a great reference! Thank you to everyone that has posted so far!

I love the whimsical femininity of this franchise's art and character design, I think it's just lovely!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2018, 09:40:25 PM »
Sadly I learned recently that the artist/creator of Lady Lovely Locks has passed away as of this year:

https://obits.cleveland.com/obituaries/cleveland/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=187757310

The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline katrine2309

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2018, 08:16:49 AM »
Sadly I learned recently that the artist/creator of Lady Lovely Locks has passed away as of this year:

https://obits.cleveland.com/obituaries/cleveland/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=187757310

That is sad :( Thank you for sharing that :hug:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal