TCB > Trader & Shipping Support

Etsy package possibly going astray?

(1/6) > >>

Loa:
Hi everyone,
I bought something off Etsy and to save on shipping, I requested it to be sent to my US mailbox.
However, Etsy got itself really confused, and sent the seller a garbled address reading:

My name
American Street Address
American Street Address
PORTLAND 97203
New Zealand

You might see the issue here!!
The tracking details say it is currently at Los Angeles International Airport heading out.

SpoilerMar 3, 2018 9:43pm  LOS ANGELES, UNITED STATES Departed
Mar 2, 2018 6:04pm  CHICAGO, UNITED STATES Departed
Mar 2, 2018 12:46pm  CHICAGO, UNITED STATES Arrived
Mar 2, 2018 3:29am  ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS), US Processed Through Facility
Mar 1, 2018 1:09pm  CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, US Departed USPS Regional Facility
Mar 1, 2018 11:18am  CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, US Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
Mar 1, 2018 7:36am  CHICAGO IL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER, US Departed USPS Regional Facility
Mar 1, 2018 4:10am  CHICAGO IL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER, US Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
Mar 1, 2018 2:55am  GARY, IN 46403, US Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
Mar 1, 2018 1:09am  ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS), US Arrived at Facility
Feb 28, 2018 4:52pm  GARY, IN 46403, US Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
Feb 28, 2018 6:59am  GARY, IN 46403, US Shipping Label Creat
Do I even guess where this could be??

Taffeta:
My experience with Chicago is that they don't really know the rest of the world outside North America exists. They always send my parcels to Canada because of the post code, and that's when they say UK on them. It always takes a while for them to click.

It may be that if the rest of the details are right aside the New Zealand, it will make it safely. I've also had the same sorting office send a parcel meant for Canada to California because they misread the CA and not anything that came after it.

So you have a better chance of it ending at your US address IF the other details (aside the country) are right. But if they can't deliver it it will likely go back to the seller. Have you warned them of the possibility??

Also...if the seller knows they're shipping to a US address, they're surely going to notice NZ on the address and either ask you about it or assume that it's a mistake and leave it off? After all, the shipping cost would be different for the two locations, so if you paid postage to the US, probably it's going to the US...?

northstar3184:
Wait, I'm not seeing Los Angeles International Airport. I see that it says Los Angeles, but no mention of the airport.

Los Angeles and Portland are both on the West Coast, so unless I missed something, maybe it's still going to Portland and the post office has disregarded where the address says New Zealand.

Marlin:
If your parcel is going where I think it is going (I have a similar US address for shipping that I use) then hopefully it is fairly obvious destination and your package is on route from LA.

I had to add my US shipping address to paypal recently for a private purchase and it did a similar glitch, citing NZ as the country! Luckily I was able to contact my seller to give them the correct details! I hope your parcel makes it ok.

Loa:

--- Quote from: northstar3184 on March 04, 2018, 04:52:28 PM ---Wait, I'm not seeing Los Angeles International Airport. I see that it says Los Angeles, but no mention of the airport.

Los Angeles and Portland are both on the West Coast, so unless I missed something, maybe it's still going to Portland and the post office has disregarded where the address says New Zealand.

--- End quote ---

Except the scan just now said:

--- Quote ---Your item departed a transfer airport in INTERNATIONAL, AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND on March 5, 2018 at 12:32 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version