collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Minnesota May Meet Down on the Farm! May 12th, 2018  (Read 4091 times)

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Minnesota May Meet Down on the Farm! May 12th, 2018
« on: March 02, 2018, 10:19:38 AM »
Come on down for the Discord Meet on the Farm!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

What: Pony Meet and Shenanigans Palooza
When: May 12, 2018, with possible overnight options
Time: 10 am- 5 pm or so
Host Pony: Discord!
Where: Aurora's House near Matawan, MN. You will want to Google that. It's really little.
Who is invited: Anyone ready to have fun!

What to bring:
Prize for the prize table. Prizes will be given out for the Egg Hunt, the Discord Rodeo, and other events as needed.

Potluck food item, Discord style!

Lunch will be a potluck. Sign up for your most Discord-oriented foods! I am really excited to see what people come up with!

This will be a very kid-friendly event, and if you need to bring your dog, let me know. My little farm has chickens and other poultry and we should have pigs. There is a dog, cat, and snake at the house. 

Who is coming?
**YES!!!**
Aurora, Husband, Son
Foxfire, Husband, Resident Chimney Sweep
Sapphire Rain
ScarlettKitty
Kazzellin
Seaponey
PonyQueen and His Royal Majesty, the King Of Pony
Blackfrost and Peggy, possibly dogs
Bianca Ferrando
Melinda/Cloudweaver

*Maybe...*

*Catch you next time :sad:*
achab1984
Marla and Ellery are at a wedding.
MNGusty and family
Jocelyn and Erick- congrats on the new job!

What are you bringing to eat?

Main Dishes:
Aurora: Grilled chicken and assorted sauces

Side Dishes:

Blackfrost

Desserts:

Ponyqueen
Kazzellin
Sapphire Rain

Other:

Events!

Discord Rodeo
BRING YOUR OWN HORSE!!!!!
Bianca cut out some wooden heads for this, if you want to buy one, message her- maybe you can pick it up at her house? I'm sure she will bring them along, so you can do a last-minute drawing on a head. The heads are $10, you will need a 3/4" dowel. Or you will look weird.

Use your Hobby Horse Creation Skills! Any material is welcome- use a pre-cut head with dowel, a broom with some googly eyes, or a creatively-decorated pool noodle! Come to the party with your Hobby Horse, and be ready for some rootin' tootin' down-home, can't find this in the city sort of fun! Don't want to make one? Look at thrift stores, you can find a little kid version for $2 with some diligent searching!

Some of the events in the Discord Rodeo will include a Fancy Parade, barrel racing, jumps, and some trailering competitions. You can all thank the fantastic world of the internet for providing us with ridiculous competitions! Feel free to wear yer finery, and feel free to be as silly as you want- I don't have neighbors!

Egg Hunt:
Back by popular demand, but with some changes. This event will probably be an all-day,  hunt-as-you-will adventure. Boundaries and rules will be marked, and as they become more firm, I will post them here so there are no surprises. Because who wants surprises?
This is an egg hunt. Plastic eggs with prizes/prize slips, candy, and little treats will be hidden around the property. Please do not go behind the marked boundaries- those areas could be dangerous or are just kind of icky. Nettle! Burdocks! Scrap metal! Jabberwocky!

Kazzellin's Long-Awaited Customizing Presentation of Wonder
Ever wanted to try customizing but were scared to try? What is this Re-hairing, and why can't I do it to my dog? How do I deal with a stuck head?
Bring your questions, curiosity, and perhaps some problems that have been waiting for the right moment. No pressure, Kazzellin!

Sales and Trading
Bring your sales! Bring your art! Bring your tables, your chairs, your little stickers with prices on them!
Bring your price guides, I don't have wifi at my house- price checks will be harder, so try to come with at least general ideas!
I will have some tables, but if you have your own, please drag it along.

Craft Showcase
Though we might not have time for a show and tell (We will try!), I will set up a table for people to put their craft/art treasures to display them. I, for example, will have some kind of plush on the table. I hope to see some fantastic drawings and a few more sewn items, maybe even a fancy cake! Customs are also welcome, whether finished or not. Lincoln will undoubtedly add a Lego Creation to this table, so kids, please bring something fun to show off!
This is not a contest, there will be no judging of the arts. Just a fun place to see what our friends can do!
If you do not want your display to be touched or moved, please make a little note to place in front of it. Viewers, please respect that note!

Discord Dice
I am leaving this one on the schedule, but if we run out of time, we might not get to play it. Just like the dice game we play at other meets, but with a Discordian Twist. This is my special little surprise, so I hope we get to do it! Just in case, please bring along prizes for a dice game--- 2-3 wrapped presents, valued from $1-$4, per person that will be playing. Examples of delightful prizes--- stickers, ponies, accessories, candy, homemade items, customizing supplies, things that non-pony people might enjoy (toy cars, legos, plush cats with unicorn horns...)
***Again, we might not get to this game- there is a lot going on at this meet! There will be another dice game at the next pony meet, so as long as you are not wrapping up raw meat or hamsters, you should just be able to use them again at the next meet. (Probably in September.)

Camperoo

Stay overnight. Bonfire. Light drinks and snacks. BYO, though I will have some there.

CONTEST

Coloring Contest:
Both of these were drawn by my very talented brother-in-law Dave. We own the rights to these drawings, so copy them freely.
There are two categories because Dave wanted to draw more Discord. I can't blame him. Category 1 is a little more "Traditional Discord," while Category 2 is a little more "Typical Dave." You can enter in both categories if you like, just bring your pictures the day of the meet.
There will be sheets there to color, but as you can see, they will take more than a few minutes to do them justice. The code to go straight to imgur and print them off is under each image. Sorry they are huge.
Category 1: (not upside down!)

https://imgur.com/fNHUfpw

Category 2:

https://imgur.com/rQGZA0c
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 10:47:00 PM by Aurora »
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Minnesota May Meet Down on the Farm! May 12th, 2018
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 11:59:38 AM »
Wish I could but I will get getting back from a Trip with my mom. :( Someday I will make it to one! :)

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 12:30:01 PM »
Wish I could but I will get getting back from a Trip with my mom. :( Someday I will make it to one! :)

Sooner or later, everyone gets pulled in! Maybe your mom wants to come- we promise she will have fun!

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 03:09:48 PM »
Oooh no excuse for me to miss this!
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline scarlettkitty81

• Trade Count: (+275)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 07:19:06 AM »
Put me down please :)

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 09:15:33 AM »
I will be there! I've already requested it off! :satisfied: I will be bringing Scarletkitty and probably Bianca with me. ;) Let's see, that's about a two hour car ride... Hmm... What to bring for food...Well, I know you were disappointed about the missing chocolate beaver dams, so I shall try to bring cookies and cupcakes and such this meet! :D Dessert sounds like a good thing, and I like baking, so that works perfectly! ^.^

Yes!! Customs talk is go!  :lol: We've been trying to do this for what, 4 meets now?  :blush:

My ability to stay overnight is probably going to be limited; I can't guarantee I'll be able to get both days off, and if my passengers cannot stay, the point is moot anyway. *shrug* We shall see what happens on that score. Also, there's cats to consider. :awake:
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 01:23:35 PM »
Beaver dams sound like something Discord would approve of!

I am excited to learn a little bit about customizing!

I know the overnight thing might not work as well here, it was nice at ponyqueens where people could come and then go home at night. Worth a try, though!

Offline seaponey

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2018, 04:10:45 PM »
Got it marked on the calendar, I'm going to see if I can make it to this one.  It's been awhile since I've made it to a pony meet! :frolic:

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2018, 04:18:59 PM »
Got it marked on the calendar, I'm going to see if I can make it to this one.  It's been awhile since I've made it to a pony meet! :frolic:

I'm putting you on the yes list! No going back from that!

Offline Kazzellin

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2018, 03:29:02 PM »
:bump: so we don't lose this one!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 04:13:43 PM by Kazzellin »

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2018, 09:06:01 AM »
I wasn't sure Erick would be willing to drive down south, but he had such a good time yesterday that he's looking forward to this one :) So Erick and I will be coming! We will try to sign up for some type of food (he mentioned ribs) but we would have to actually discuss it first before confirming. We like the sound of the bonfire/overnight. Responsible drinking is okay with us ;)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 09:17:18 AM by Jocelyn »

Offline Kazzellin

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2018, 11:17:50 AM »
Yay Jocelyn! :D I hope you two will be able to make it!

Aurora, I'm pretty sure Blackfrost and Peggy are going to be coming to this one, since they already know where you live. :lol:

Offline Blackfrost

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2018, 12:27:28 PM »
I'm coming will have mom with!  Not sure if I'll bring my dogs they should be okay...but this will be a blast!  Are we still doing chicken or are we doing the Barts?
Weeeeeeheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2018, 12:45:09 PM »
Hmm, thinking about bringing something baked here. I know I did cupcakes last time but they're just so much fun. Maybe make them very small? And perhaps a veggie tray will be appreciated!
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Kazzellin

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2018, 07:52:43 AM »
:bump: so we don’t lose the thread!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal