collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 Flutter Pony Ribbon Collection Assistance!  (Read 592 times)

Offline frevill3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
G1 Flutter Pony Ribbon Collection Assistance!
« on: May 09, 2018, 11:30:01 AM »
Hello G1 Collectors!

I need some help! I am working on my completing my collection of the US second series of G1 Flutter ponies (including Wind Drifter, Cloud Puff, Wingsong, and Tropical Breeze). 

Currently, my ponies do not have any ribbons. I see on the MyWiki site that these ponies are listed as having come with gold trimmed ribbons. When I examine photos of these ponies still MIB, I do not see a ribbon included in the typical location inside of the package. The photos shown on My Wiki are the non-US version of these ponies (who do include ribbons).

Does anyone out there have these ponies still MIB to check for me to see if I need find ribbons to go with my US flutters?

I really appreciate your help with this! :)

Thank you!
Marilyn

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
Re: G1 Flutter Pony Ribbon Collection Assistance!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 11:34:36 AM »
Hmm...
I don't have these ponies myslf, but if I were you I would leave them either ribbonless or use gold ribbons to match the first set.
Hope it helps :)
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 12:40:18 PM »
I've come across similar issues trying to ID second wave flutter ribbons as I predominantly go by mib photos and ladytwilights page.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 03:42:08 PM »
This discussion came up before a year or two back, and it ended in a real detective kind of hunt over what ribbons they came with.

The problem is the 2nd set. It seems they had 2 possible ribbon releases and we've pretty much confirmed that if I remember rightly...

I will see if I can find that thread for you.

Edit:
Here is the thread:
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,372516.msg1450615.html#msg1450615

and

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,362177.msg1298106.html#msg1298106

The only 2nd set flutter releases that show the ribbons are the French ones in the same kind of art packaging as the UK release. I know that as a kid i got Tropical Breeze, and I also never had a solid metallic ribbon ever as a kid, but I did have gold edged ones - so I am certain that the UK was probably the same. But I think I'm right that the US release could be metallic or gold edged.

In any case, I have French boxed Tropical Breeze and Cloud Puff, both of whom show the ribbons because they're visible. They are both gold edged, not metallic.

All flutters have ribbons. But annoyingly they are sealed behind the inlay of the box. I know this because I have a Lily from the UK who has been out of her box before but her accessories are undisturbed. I've also heard other people say the same thing. The UK ones have the stickers in view and the US ones I don't know but the ribbon isn't visible. Only the French ones are visible.

I think there is another discussion on here as well somewhere but I can't find it right now.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 03:47:59 PM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline frevill3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 08:41:21 AM »
Thank you guys so much for all of the help!!! I have found some answers between all of your recommendations. These suggestions brought me to an incredible website where silverdawn shared photos of her gold trimmed ribbon collection! You guys have to check this out and help Christina get the rest of her photos for the website!  :P

Marilyn

https://mylittleponyaccessories.weebly.com/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal