collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Do you have a significant other?

Yes, and we're married
84 (33.9%)
Yes, and we're pretty serious
70 (28.2%)
Yes, but we're not that serious
5 (2%)
No, but I'm better off without one right now
53 (21.4%)
No, but I really wish I had someone to be with
36 (14.5%)

Total Members Voted: 239

Author Topic: Look at the skies, they have stars in their eyes...  (Read 6182 times)

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
Re: Look at the skies, they have stars in their eyes...
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2018, 08:24:10 AM »
Yep! We met online when we were in college. He's from England so it took us many years to figure out how to make it work, save up money, get paperwork filled out and filed, etc. It was a lot of work, and a lot of convincing our loved ones that it was a good idea and that we could make it happen. But this September will be our sixth anniversary!
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2018, 08:40:55 AM »
Congratulations on you anniversary! :heart:

We've known each other for 10 years now, and been living together for 8 years. We're getting married in June :heart: To think time flies past this quickly  :shocked: It surely does not feel that long!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 08:42:36 AM by SweetScoops »
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2018, 05:03:18 PM »
Congrats, that's an awesome milestone! Hubby and I have been married for 6 years, but together for 10. People are always so surprised that I'm married. Then I tell them how long... I guess I can take that as a compliment, even though I notice new wrinkles every day!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2018, 10:53:27 PM »
Congratulations! At this rate, you guys will get a letter from the queen (or if she’s gone by your 60th) and you’re british nationals. Keep on loving you two!
   For me, the relationship pool is kinda empty. I don’t want to have anybody right now. Or ever. I’m too busy with school, and I’ll want to give 110 percent in my animation company. But I guess once I put my brain in a computer, I could use a companion to spend eternity with...who knows. Someday, but probably not.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2018, 01:40:28 AM »
18 years but sometimes we are not even on the same continent.

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2018, 02:25:36 AM »
Congratulations! 20 years is awesome going  :biggrin:

Mr. Night Glider and I have been together for 18 years and married for 13 of those. This year will make it 14. Oldest Child turned TEN on Saturday. Oh my nerves...

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2018, 05:36:26 PM »
Nope, going to be 27 this year and I've never really had anyone. :(  Seven years wasted on a guy in Canada who I never even met offline, then six months "dating" someone who turned around and told me he was gay and only saw me as a friend!

After I'd got those two out the way, I finally met the guy I truly believe was and is my 'soul mate', but he'd just started dating his girlfriend and I've been waiting for them to break up ever since.  Alas, despite the fact she's abusive and only there for his money, he seems to be totally wrapped around her little finger so I don't see her being out of the picture any time soon.  Which is awfully sad because everyone around us knows he likes me deep down and would be a lot happier with me.  Meanwhile, I can't move on because I'm too stuck on him and too stubborn to give up.  Horrible situation all round really.

I'm starting to think I wasn't made for love. :(

Offline Cadence

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • The Polyglot Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2018, 11:31:26 PM »
"Newlywed" here. :) Congrats SDS!! I've always loved Mr. Stomper's pony design, so I enjoyed hearing the meaning behind it!

|| Sig by LunaCat || :fox: :heart:

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2018, 06:05:58 PM »
Congratulations on the 20th anniversary! :D You were married the year I graduated highschool. :blink:

Nope, no one in my life right now. :( It seems all the geeky, intelligent guys with awesome senses of humor (that are taller than me, have have longish-to-long dark hair, don't smoke or heavily drink, like cats, anime and video games, and do some kind of craft-type thing) are taken. Doesn't help that anyone I meet tends to be married, gay, or both. ^^; Also I'm "demisexual," which may not be the right word anymore (basically, I want to get to know someone as a friend before I'm interested in romance, and society doesn't seem to expect that anymore).  Also doesn't help that I'm more of a Buddhist/philosopher type, and, well, my neighborhood has more churches per capita than anywhere else in the city (at least, according to my mom it does). So, yeah. I've had two boyfriends total, and few friends growing up, so I'm not really sure how to do this whole socializing, dating thing anyway.  :shrug:

All the stories online and on the news about women being killed by their husbands or boyfriends don't encourage me to try the online dating services, either. :yikes: Going back to school might help, but given my age compared to most of the other students.... Yeah, probably not happening. Le sigh~. :(
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline Moonstar

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Prancing On Air
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2018, 08:17:38 PM »
Nope, and I really wish I wasn't single. It's hard meeting guys around my age that are single, and I hate the whole dating thing altogether. I'm much more the sort that's really down to earth and feels like she should already be married but I guess there must be something wrong with me. Guys I have dated have used me or cheated on me or a mix of both. I feel like I'm not that exciting a guess and my best friend wants to take pics of me and write a very out of character simple profile for me on a certain dating app...But I'm really not sure about that :(

All that said I am a hopeless romantic and love stories about it, I just don't know if it will ever happen for me

"The Rainbow of Light belongs here, with the Little Ponies."

Offline Kittywhiskers

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • Kai, he/him or they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2018, 09:56:17 AM »
Nope. Outside of my quest to find the weirdest dating sim ever made, I'm not really interested in romance.
Cannot have anything scented in the house, unfortunately. Seeking the unscented, magnetless variant of Thistle Whistle. (And wishing the other Sunny Scent ponies got similar ones, because they're lovely. *sigh*)

Offline Leegeta

• Firefighter Chick
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2018, 03:40:01 PM »
Happy anniversary!! Im not married but been with my boyfriend for about 8 years, we live together as well so i guess you can say we are married lol
*<3 <3Seeking MIB DREAM BEAUTIES! <3 <3*

Leegeta\'s Collection

Offline CrystalSnowflake

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2018, 10:15:34 PM »
Congrats SDS!

I just hit the 10 year mark back in February.  I dated my husband for 7 years before we got married. Would have married sooner but wanted to finish college first.

The irony of the marriage is that we both started hanging out together because we didn't want to date and we didn't see each other as someone we would ever date.
We just wanted to be friends. Guess that didn't go as planned. Definitely turned out for the best though. I don't think I could have made a better choice.

For those of you searching for love "don't give up" and "be open to the possibility". You may find it in unexpected places and when you are least prepared for it.
~*Ponies for Sale*~
Sales Link - http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,397254.0.htmll
G4 - Mint Ponies with Accessories and Backcards, Production Sample, Funko Chase, Blind bag, and Buildings

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2018, 12:53:14 PM »
Wow so many married people here in the Arena! So cute! It’s really nice reading everyone’s stories.

My wife and I have been together for 5 years. We got married last August in Santa Barbara, California in an old farmhouse. It was magical. We are going back to CA this year for our first anniversary with out best friends, who also officiated our ceremony (we love the relaxed marriage laws you have in the USA!).

We met each other when I was a trainee teacher at her school, and she was my mentor. I wasn’t looking for love, we are complete opposites but we fell madly in love and life has been pretty perfect since then. She’s my soulmate and I feel so lucky to have found her.

I am a big believer that true love always happens when you least expect it. You can’t force it or find it, it just happens...usually with someone you don’t expect to fall in love with!

Offline poniiprincess

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Pony/Doll Lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2018, 04:15:46 PM »
Congratulations on your 20th, that is quite the accomplishment and I am glad you're happy!

Me and my gf have known each other for about 3 years now and been together for 9 months. Its been pretty serious to the point we have been working hard to get what needs to be done so I can move in with her in her state. We met over the internet over the Undertale fandom in a small Discord server and I couldn't be happier.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal