collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Them's Fightin' Herds, Anyone?  (Read 1257 times)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Them's Fightin' Herds, Anyone?
« on: February 28, 2018, 01:03:48 PM »
I've been waiting for the release of this game since Fighting is Magic got C&D'd, and I gotta say, I'm lovin' it.
I tried to Paprika main but I think Arizona's style matches mine best. I just need to get a better hang of her rope! The cow is very cute, too, so I can't complain about matching up with her.
Does anyone else play? Who do you main? Are you any good at it? (I haven't passed the "Normal" difficulty AI yet)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
Re: Them's Fightin' Herds, Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 02:28:29 PM »
I like it and I think Arizona matches my style as well, but arcade fighters are not really my usual game of choice. I play smash brothers but learning combos and actually perfecting them with my sloppy hand-eye coordination is tough for me. My boyfriend played a few rounds with me and he's big into fighting games (he's been playing Dragonball FighterZ recently) so it got a bit frustrating to get unrelentingly smashed over and over. I thought maybe I could play the AI easy mode... nope! I'm really going to have to practice hard if I'm going to enjoy this game, unless the developers implement a difficulty level lower than easy that I can handle.

I play mostly slower paced games with little to no combat, the learning curve of most games puts me off even trying - they don't look very friendly to more casual players if easy mode kills you without you being able to land a single hit.

Ugh, rant over.

In short: I love the look of the game, it's adorable, especially all the recolours of the characters (I play Camo Arizona). But if I can't get the hang of it I might drop it til the Story Mode is released.
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 03:18:20 PM »
Tulips: There is the "Sleep-trot" difficulty where the AI rarely ever jabs at you and only moves. It's nice if you want to try out moves once you get the motions down in training. Training mode is nice for learning how to control each character and get a hold of the commands. The AI will only stand there and take the hit, or block you to help you build an idea of when combos will be broken.
I suck at the combos, too, but I just passed normal mode! This is an achievement for me!
I never play multiplayer because I get destroyed, so I only play with my even-leveled friend.
The DevTeam spoke about implementing a tutorial to an upcoming update (no date yet, and story mode is still their priority), so I think that'll help people get a grasp of it. I think I only caught on so well because I messed with the tribute edition of Fighting Is Magic.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 10:51:18 PM »
Wow, somehow I missed that this game exists. I'll definitely have to try it out! I'm not a huge fighting game fan, but this has piqued my interest.

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2018, 02:08:54 PM »
I've seen it on YouTube, I'd love to have a go at it one day.  Velvet and Oleander are the best characters in my opinion - I actually think a character like Oleander would be a good My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic villain, even if it's just the overall design (which won't happen as she, like the others, were created to make the game a non-MLP thing.)

It's unbelievable to see how many people don't realise that this started out as an FiM game and just think it's just trying to copy the style, though.  Also, was I the only one who didn't see a single similarity between the Mane Six and the characters who replaced them, until they saw the latter in action?
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal