collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your top 5 pony finds!  (Read 2266 times)

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
Your top 5 pony finds!
« on: February 26, 2018, 10:46:09 AM »
Tales of pony luck always inspire me! What are your best strokes of luck over the years?

Mine would be:
Best

1. An eBay lot, straight from China, full of damaged ponies, mcponies, factory rejects... and a G4 Rainbow Flash
2. Finding 3 bags full of G1s at a Goodwill, including Lavender Lace
3. Getting almost the entirety of the G4 brushable waves of Blossomforth and Flitterheart (sans Feathermay, who I'd found at the flea market years prior) for about $7 each, from two different sellers online
4. Finding G1 Starswirl (complete with pink hair!!) at the flea market
5. Christmas 2016, when I found tons of low-priced G3 lots containing too many cool ponies (including seasonal babies) to count

I've had absolutely absurd pony luck over the years, both online and in person, so this list was hard to narrow down - I'm not even including the multiple times I came back from the flea market with over 40 ponies, or the time I found so many cheap G1s there that I had to leave some!

Share yours! I want to be made jealous!  :silly:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Your top 5 pony finds!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 11:46:46 AM »
  • I found Paradise Estate in the trash once.  Not complete, but it did have a lot of accessories, at the time it was pretty high on eBay. I left it at my parent's house until I was driving down their way again... and my stepdad had thrown it away before I could get it.
  • Baby Princess Sparkle in thrift stores (Savers) for less than $3 on two separate occasions
  • Snuzzle, as a Spanish "Piggy Pony" for 50 cents at Goodwill. I sold her here about 10 years ago.
  • A G1 Posey completely faded with white hair and white tulips that I just kind of found after a flea market had cleared up, and way paler than the average Posey due to sun damage, but when I dropped her in yellow dye as an experiment (something I would never have thought to do with a Posey) she turned breathtakingly beautiful. To this day she's one of my favorites in my collection.
  • Finally, and most importantly, I found my very first part of my "adult collection" (my parents threw out all my ponies in 1987 to be jerks) filthy, in the bottom of the Toys for Tots barrel when I was volunteering to sort toys when I was 14.  The organizers let me keep her, and I still have her, she's sat on whatever desk I have had since 1995. Edit: FF Butterscotch
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 11:51:56 AM by flutterscotch »

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 05:39:27 PM »
My most notable pony find so far: A lot of 13 g1 for $5 total, including Salty with hat, and Sandcastle and Shovels. She offered to give me her Dream Castle,
 (almost) complete in box, for free but I didn't know how to sell it. (She was fine with the idea of giving it away to a reseller as long as she got it out of her house.)
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 12:14:01 PM »
Free lavender Dream Castle
Dream Beauty for $1 at a flea market
Cool Breeze, Skydancer, Pink Dreams, and Tropical Breeze at the same flea market, with ribbons, $1 each
Sea Winkle sea pony with her brush and comb and Wavedancer's shell (???) for $2
MO Sprinkles in a $5 BIN of randos

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 12:20:02 PM »
Decorator Starcatcher for $3 at the swapmeet.

Blushie at the swapmeet for $2 at the swapmeet

Grungy MO Starhopper on ebay for$20

Tailless Seashell on ebay for $5

Baby Drummer on ebay for $15

Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 01:48:55 PM »
Nothing will E V E R beat $6 Mimic. (You read right!)
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,389126.msg1679967.html#msg1679967
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 01:49:04 PM »
This is in the wrong forum place I think it's meant to be in corral rather than sales.

I do love these threads thou, I love to here if awesome pony finds. Hmm its been ages since I got an awesome score but I will list 5 I remember

Ice crystal on eBay for £29, it was on auction and no one bid, I don't know why he had no flaws and was lovely

Baby sapphire and ring, taf baby dancing butterflies and ribbon, baby nightcap and the ballet school of dance for a bin if £25

A lot of older g4s including skywishes, starswirl, blossomforth, flitterhearts, snow catcher, twinkleshine and lily blossom for $25nz about ($18 us)

The blue year 3 seapony with pink hair for $20 (brought of Facebook)

G2 brides pink veil free from a lovely member here when I brought a seapony from her. It may seem small but I love the veil and had been looking for it for years

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2018, 07:23:59 AM »
I'm not entirely sure how this ended up in the sales forum - did I post it here? I'm pretty sure I posted it in the corral... oops.  :blush: mods, could you move this please?
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2018, 03:02:12 PM »
1) When I found Spring Song at the Goodwill, since shortly after she became my favorite pony! She's in near mint condition, too.

2) All of the G2s I've found while thrifting so far. That being Petal Blossom, Morning Glory (these two were from a small local thrift store), Bed Canopy Light Heart, and Seabreeze (these two from the Goodwill). Since G2s are so rare to find in the wild I get the most excited about finding them!

3) The handmade Pinkie Pie plush I found at the Goodwill

4) This second hand toy store haul (sans the G4 stuff, those were from other places).

5) Finding Playskool ponies at discount stores like Tuesday Morning and Ross.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2018, 05:09:48 PM »

3$ OOAK Venezuelan Posey.
2$ for High Tide and Sea Mist, both with shells, brushes and combs
25¢ Baby Milky Way.
3$ for Princess Taffeta with her crown clip
1$ Baby Mermaid Pearly.

All of those were local finds, back when it was still easy to find G1's thrifting.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2018, 05:27:17 PM »
Big Brother Quarterback and Wigwam at thrift for $1.  (At different times)

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2018, 06:11:10 PM »
I love these threads. Always gets me excited to go pony hunting.

Here are some of mine:

- Greek Peachy at the thrift store for like $3

- 66% of a Paradise Estate for $8 at a children's consignment store

- Baby Milky Way on ebay for $10

- The other day I had someone throw in a free Sea Pony shell with the other ponies I purchased!! And the best part is, it's one of the shells I had as a child (which are long gone) so it's great to have that replaced

- So hard to choose which one gets this last spot but I think it would have to be the lot I got from someone locally. It had 20 ponies, several play sets and a grocery sized bag full of accessories. It wasn't a cheap lot but was still a great price for what I got.

Offline vira

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2018, 06:39:16 PM »
Mine are probably:

- Baby Sea Princess for $3!

- Lot of 20 G1s (including Baby Lucky Leaf!) for a dollar each at a flea market

- A G1 Skydancer stamp still on card for $2

- Cha Cha the Llama for $15

- 5 G2 Beanies for $5

Offline tebrighteyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2018, 06:47:14 PM »
I really like these threads!  I love seeing all the pony luck.
I have been collecting for a long time so I have had my share of finds.  If I have to pick just five...

5.   A lot of 40 g1s for $40 at a resale shop that my dad found.  This included accessories, a complete Home Sweet Home, two pearly babies, and I think one of the cake sisters. 

4.  A group of 10 ponies including Tux n Tails and Scribbles for $10 at a flea market

3.  The mail order mommy pony for a $1 at the flea market.

2.  Rapunzel for a $1 at a flea market.  I was only 14 and had no idea who she was at the time.

1.  And my find to end all finds.  Something that will never happen to me again and even tears the Rapunzel find to pieces.  I found Fuwa Fuwa, a mib takara pony for about $50

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2018, 07:39:17 PM »
I don't have very many lucky pony finds, but I still consider finding just about anything pony related lucky!

1. G1 Caramel Crunch in near mint condition for $5. She's still scented and has beautiful factory curls!

2. G1 Sunlight for $3. Not the most exciting find, but she was the first G1 I ever bought (the only other one I had at the time was a hand-me-down from my sister) so getting her was really exciting.

3. A lot of 20 uncommon/rare G4s for $25. A seller in my area was selling her daughter's ponies for really cheap! I got some pretty cool ponies such as Snowcatcher, Flitter Heart, Cheerilee with bangs, and a bunch of others!

4. Large box of G1s at an antique shop. Technically I didn't buy the whole box since they were asking for some pretty high prices ($10 for a Sundance with sharpie on her face!) so I got 4 and sadly left the other 30+ ponies behind.

5. Sprinkles with comb, sponge, and Duck Soup! She was the first pony I got with at least one of her accessories and the excitement I felt when I found her was amazing, especially considering she was pretty cheap.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal