collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Did you have any rare ponies as a kid?  (Read 9893 times)

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
Re: Did you have any rare ponies as a kid?
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2018, 07:55:41 PM »
i still have my original herd, with  tex, wig wam, slugger, salty, and steamer ... and them my amazing Rapunzel ... who i worked my little fingers to the bone for! :) i cherished her and knew she was special from the start, so she stayed mostly as a display piece on my shelf but i loved her :)
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2018, 08:07:44 PM »
I had SA Windy. She went mysteriously missing with the bulk of my childhood herd and I will never know what happened to them.

:scared: :nope: Whoa, that sucks!

In Australia we had a lot of the later UK ponies.  At least at the stage when I was at the age to collect.  I had ponies mostly from years 8-10.  I  had the complete UK familes set (Sunbrights,Meadowsweets, Berrytowns), the Paradise babies, Fancy Merponies, 7 Characters (Tales ponies, though we didn't have the cartoon), Princess Sparkle, Bedtime Newborns, Rollerskate ponies, ones like that.  Unfortunately, since the dads in the family sets were in the same pose as other female ponies (CJ, Tootsie etc), I felt I needed to give them short hair to distinguish them.  So my 3 dad with the irreplaceable horizontal stripe hair have buzzcuts!  Part of me doesn't regret it, but I entertain the thought of getting them rehaired to mimic the original someday.

My favourite were the Tropical ponies and the sparkle baby ponies.  I also had Posey Rose who I loved.  I had no idea boy ponies existed until the internet.

We had the cartoon series at the local video shop, but that was all I knew of earlier year ponies, they were long gone from stores when I started collecting.   
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 08:09:24 PM by daffodil101 »

Offline Kikwifluff

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Bait ponies need love too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2018, 04:47:15 PM »
Nope  ;) I grew up with g3- and then I gave my herd away. But based on the photos my mom took, I don’t think I had anyone rare.

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2018, 06:01:18 PM »
Nah but I came THISCLOSE to ordering Rapunzel. I went for quantity though and ordered I think Starcatcher and Lucky with my pony points instead of one Rapunzel (IIRC she was 8 points) and I congratulated myself on the wise business decision after.  :accomplished:

Offline MerryAnvil

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • The Resident Blacksmith Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jordan's Pony Corner
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2018, 06:14:29 PM »
While I grew up with G3, I had (and still have!) both TAF Dancing Butterflies and TAF Baby Dancing Butterflies when I was little because I found them as a pair in a thrift store. In addition to that, I had a few other mail order exclusive G1s such as Baby Stockings. I didn't really know about their rarity, but I played with them very gently and they survived my childhood with no extra flaws aside from a little surface dirt that I was able to easily clean off. Then again, I always washed my toys after I played with them, and I knew about tail rust from the pony research I'd done so that was thankfully avoided.

I did also find Rosey Posey when I was about 12-13 years old but I don't know if that counts because by that point I was pretty much only collecting them and not playing with them (aside from giving them spa days lol, which I never did with her).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by Shaiyeh, sig by SquarePeg! <3 Check out my pony website here!

Offline Moonstar

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Prancing On Air
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2018, 06:56:16 PM »
I got Baby Princess Sparkle for my 12th birthday, and I still have her buggy but it needs new lace and a new top heart\ribbon to hold on the umbrella . She died of mold when my father's basement flooded but I have a replacement again  :) If only my ma had let me have the less than ten dollars at the time when I was really little I would have had Rapunzel but ah well :cry: I still love that pony just from a style standpoint, I wish she wasn't so rare so I could add her to my childhood collection retroactively -_-

"The Rainbow of Light belongs here, with the Little Ponies."

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2018, 06:59:02 PM »
. . .  both TAF Dancing Butterflies and TAF Baby Dancing Butterflies when I was little because I found them as a pair in a thrift store.
Aw, that's so cute! Mom and baby together ^.^

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2018, 07:14:50 PM »
No, I didn't, but I have a friend who grew up in Brazil, and I am dying for her to bring her ponies back to the states the next time she goes to visit her parents.

About the "rarest" thing I had was Dream Castle. Which is not rare at all.

Offline Bewilderbeast

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • contextual tomato consumption
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2018, 04:00:59 AM »
In my childhood herd I had Mountain Boy Lightning, Baby Milky Way and Baby Sweetberry (I have no idea where my parents got them from, because they were my Christmas present one year along with the kitchen?), Baby Ruby and Baby Sapphire and Bobbie, who I found in a charity shop (I thought she was a fakie so I scrawled on her in felt tip pen which bled into the rubbery vinyl). I also had Gypsy, Hopscotch and Honeycomb but they've never registered as rare or sought-after to me.
Call me Pixie!

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2018, 05:26:17 AM »
Yup. I had all the Dutchies (including 3 Baby Dolphins!), Nightglider, TAF Yum Yum, Munchy, two Surprise Newborns, Star Hopper (I thought she's somewhat HTF?), two Jewellery Babies with their accessories and probably more I cannot think of right now.

Most of them are gone, and what I still have looks too sad to discuss. :lookround:

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline babypowder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
    • Thanks to Ponyland Press for my adoptable
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2018, 05:47:34 AM »
Nope. I  grew up during the G3 era, so a good deal of my ponies are common...very. When G4 first came out I saw a wall of ponies (Snowcatcher, Blossomforth, etc.) and I was like pass. The mane six were all I wanted then. Guess I shouldn't have been in such a hurry to get them all, if I knew how long they were going to be around.  :biggrin:
Cutie Marks for Cutie Marks!

Offline normaleeinsane

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2018, 02:16:10 AM »
I didn't have any rare ponies, but my sister had MLP Tales Bright Eyes.

Offline skyline

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2018, 01:58:02 PM »
In Australia we had a lot of the later UK ponies.  At least at the stage when I was at the age to collect. 

Yep, this! My sister is four years older than me so I inherited a lot of her earlier gems, but then I had plenty of Y8/9/10 - Dazzeglow, Diamond Dreams, fancy mermaid babies, Secret Beauty, Sheertrimmer (who I LOVED so much), Chocolate Delight, UK Princess Sparkle... apart from the latter two the rest continue to evade me  :stressed:

sig by starscout!

Looking for Lucky Bell’s Musical Dream Pony (Keypers fakie)! PM me if you’re selling !

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal