collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Did you have any rare ponies as a kid?  (Read 9933 times)

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
Re: Did you have any rare ponies as a kid?
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2018, 09:19:46 AM »
I wouldn't consider myself a 'kid' as far as most people who first got into MLP back in the 80's. I was around 11 in 1983 so I was in my pre-teens and teenager when I started collecting MLP.

Myself and my cousin did play with our ponies together, she was 4 years younger, so she would have been around 7 years old but unlike most kids we were never really rough or hard on our ponies.

So we both had ponies like Mimic,  a majority of them tended to sit on the shelf since since I had the mindset of a collector even back then. I have ponies like Rapunzel who has sat on a shelf for years now, other than the occational photo or things like that she was never played with and came to me directly from Hasbro. In fact all my mail order ponies were originally mine direct from hasbro except maybe 1 or 2 that I purchased off ebay.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 07:24:40 AM by KarentheUnicorn »
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2018, 11:22:21 AM »
No I don't think so... I mean unless you count Lucky.  I got him for my 5th birthday...  but he's not as htf as some of the other rares mentioned here.
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2018, 11:33:54 AM »
I had Mimic and am consistently shocked at the price she goes for - she's not even that rare!

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2018, 12:34:18 PM »
I didn't have any super rare ponies, but I had a couple (and still have) that are reasonably 'sought after' now. TAF Nightglider and Buttons were in my herd. Nightglider admittedly was my favourite pony, and I was always so careful with her because I always thought she was so beautiful, even as a kid :)

I don't have any super strong feelings about how they are valued today, I'm just more grateful that since I still have them in gorgeous condition that I didn't have to pay the going rate to obtain them as an adult collector, lol!

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2018, 02:09:58 PM »
I had (and still have) Baby Princess Sparkle with her Buggy.
Beyond that, the 'rarest' things I had were probably the mail orders Lucky and cartoon-eyed Spike.
I wanted the TAF Babies as a kid but never had enough pocket money to get around to ordering them.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2018, 02:54:08 PM »
The rarest ponies I had were the mail order sparkle ponies, so fortunately nothing expensive or hard to replace. However, I had a very extensive collection of Petite Ponies and playsets. My sister and I and our friends played with them a lot so I imagine they had symbol rubs and bad hair anyway. But I wish I still had them. There’s no way I’m paying the going rate to replace those!

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2018, 03:31:23 PM »
i wish i was one of the lucky ones and said i still have her/have them today  :sad:
they were all given away by my brother when i left home.

here is an old photo of what i had as a kid.
the rare one i had was Alternative birthflower carnation. the one i haven't been able to replaced yet  :cry:

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline tebrighteyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2018, 03:57:23 PM »
I didn't have anything that rare.  I am actually pretty glad I didn't.   I was really young in the 80s and super hard on my ponies.   The rarest thing I had was taf Munchy and Te Brighteyes.  Hence my namesake lol.   I don't know what happened to Brighteyes but somehow Munchy survived my childhood with only a minor hair cut.  :)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2018, 03:59:16 PM »
I never had any mail order ponies but I think I had a few that are considered rare/hard to find now

SS Twilight. probably the rarest pony I had., My grandma bought her for me but for some reason I wasn't allowed to take her home. My grandma insisted that SS Twilight stay at her house so I could play with her when I came (She let me take all of the other ponies she bought me home)  Years later when I was an adult I decided to take SS Twilight home with me. She stayed untouched for years in my grandparents house but she disappeared.

Royal/Castle twinkle petites/Glowing magic petites/Pony Prints Cabin. I replaced Pony Prints Cabing but am missing one twinkle petite the orange one with a tower for a symbol

Fancy Baby Mermaid Baby Pearly-I still have her. :)

Baby Palm Tree-Sadly I no longer have her. When I thought I would never like ponies again I let someone give her and Pina Coloda away to a girl that liked ponies. I'm hoping one day I can replace her.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2018, 04:01:43 PM »
My ponies were (and still are) the absolute most easy to find common ponies in existence, haha

Peachy and her salon, Cotton Candy, Minty, Glory, Medely, Firefly, Lickety Split fuzzy, and a pile of other exceedingly common ponies.

But I loved them and still do and as ridiculous as it seems, I may even buy the remakes of the same exact ponies when they finally come out!

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2018, 05:17:26 PM »
I didn't have a rare ones as a kid but I found out a childhood LPS is $40 and a childhood poker card is $30 (though mine is a bit played with)
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2018, 05:51:18 PM »
Maybe one of my old LPS is wanted? I plan to sift through them to see if any are sought after because they lost their appeal with me.
When I started collecting MLP I picked up two Blossomforths and tried to customize one into :muffin: pony. I never finished it because she was sticky from the spray paint we tried (I was 11, cut me some slack!) and lost motivation. Sorry, Blossy! That's the closest I got.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Aadra310

• Trade Count: (+80)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2018, 06:12:24 PM »
I had the lavender Dream Castle.  That’s the only childhood play set that I kept so I still have my original one!

As for ponies, I had princess baby sparkle/buggy and the blue mermaid- both of which I remember buying!

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2018, 06:33:38 PM »
I had a so soft Satin and Lace. I thought she was too pretty to play with, so she just sat and stayed pretty. I did manage to break her ring, though, and it got tossed. :(

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2018, 06:51:45 PM »
I only had McDonald's G3s as a wee child, so I am going to count when I first started collecting G1s as my "childhood" ponies, cause I was still young when I started :) The only really rare pony I had was Merry-Go-Round Sunnybunch :) She is in pretty good condition! She was found at Goodwill in a large lot of G1s. Also in that lot was a mint Dibbles with her sister. She had REALLY pink hair, and still does! I don't know if that is rare, but I'm going to put it in here anyway :)

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal