collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony advertised as new on Ebay, about to fall of card  (Read 834 times)

Offline lordalexander74

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Pony advertised as new on Ebay, about to fall of card
« on: February 22, 2018, 02:57:09 PM »
Bought a G4 Holly Dash from a chinese ebay seller last month, finally got her in the mail today. She was advertised as new/unused in box on Ebay, however the toy's just about falling off the backcard. Was reasonably secured in a bubble envelope and with extra bubble wrap. I can understand a bit of damage in transit, especially with lengthy international shipping, but if I'm buying a "new" pony toy, I'd like the original packaging to be in better condition.

I'll be contacting the seller shortly to try and arrange a partial refund, hopefully it'll work out.
Thanks to Lunacat for the lovely art

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pony advertised as new on Ebay, about to fall of card
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 12:28:07 PM »
Ah I do wonder if it happened in post and the glue for holkydash was just bad. I haven't had this happen with g4s admittedly but I have had zelf toys fall of there card when sent in bubble wrap and in  a box. It was a known problem among collectors thou

Offline Sweet Daes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Glitter is my best friend.
    • View Profile
Re: Pony advertised as new on Ebay, about to fall of card
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 12:39:49 PM »
To be honest, I am always wary of China sellers. I have been burned more than once, showing me pics of things they claim to be authentic Hasbro only to get an overpriced knockoff, or busted merch because it was sent in a flimsy bubble mailer that got smashed, squished and mauled instead of a box to prevent damage.

If you look at the bubble around the pony you would be able to tell if it was pried off or just lifted over time. Or if it were a cheap adhesive that was slapped on. I recommend studying the pics and see if it was like that before shipment. If it was and it wasn't specified I would be asking for a partial refund since it is then not as likely to be NIP, if it is actually authentic.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 12:41:40 PM by Sweet Daes »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal