collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Nirvana fakies ?  (Read 1711 times)

Offline KottonKandy

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Nirvana fakies ?
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2018, 08:06:07 AM »
In the My Little Phony facebook group we are looking for a name for these "nirvana" fakies, because the are indeed harder to find and exclusive to one country, and have a higher price too. Terms like "Fakevana", "Nirvake", "Fools Gold" and such, are suggestions that are popping around ^^

I love love LOVE the term Fools Gold for this. It’s perfect!

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2018, 02:04:56 PM »
I believe these would be considered Nirvana: this round of Lanard ponies were produced with a different look for the Danish market! More of a Nirvana Fakie than a fake Nirvana, but I thought it was worth mentioning anyway!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

oh that's cool.

Just ordered some vintage lanards, thought I just needed some babies and the rest of the flocked guys and I was done, but looks like I was wrong! Danish Party Ponies just made it to my wish list!!

While there are some that are pretty hard to find, but I can't think of any others in particular that were region exclusive. Most of our fakies were available across different parts of Europe as well.

Oh wow, those Party Ponies are awesome! If I were actively collecting Fakies I'd be putting them at the top of my want list too.

@ Stormness - I would love to see your Lanard Collection, it probably puts mine to shame!  :biggrin:

LOL so would I! They've been in storage for years, I've been buying by lists and adding them to totes, they've never actually been together, because I haven't had room to display them! One day I'll have to pull them all out and do photos. I'm currently buying for my fakie collection, so maybe one day soon I'll pull them out and get some photos. I'd love to get the wedding set again, I traded them for MLPs, and regretted it ever since, they've become so hard to find!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2018, 02:45:03 PM »
In the My Little Phony facebook group we are looking for a name for these "nirvana" fakies, because the are indeed harder to find and exclusive to one country, and have a higher price too. Terms like "Fakevana", "Nirvake", "Fools Gold" and such, are suggestions that are popping around ^^

I love love LOVE the term Fools Gold for this. It’s perfect!

Agreed! I love the term fools gold! It's a bit nicer than fakie :)

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Hannah66665

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Fakies are people too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2018, 01:49:43 AM »
I've never been able to find the fakie facebook group... is there a link somewhere?  ^.^

Grail of all Grails: Brazilian pegasus Truly. :heart:

Offline Glitter Yolk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Depends Pony
  • Researching fakies, as always
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2018, 03:33:37 PM »
I like the idea of Nirvana fakies, they always have some odd charm about them, quirky faces and all. Those danish lanards look super cute, normally I'm not one for those but these are something else!

I can definitely see nirvana fakies being grails for those who collect fakies at all, while I've looked through tons of fakie images in the past, there are just some that show up rarer than a blue moon it seems. And plenty I've never laid eyes before! I'd love a nirvana fakie guide.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2018, 03:16:48 AM »
I've never been able to find the fakie facebook group... is there a link somewhere?  ^.^

It's called My Little Phony.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/mylittlephony/

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Endless_collectathon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fakie!
  • I love Lanard ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2018, 12:52:14 PM »
I believe these would be considered Nirvana: this round of Lanard ponies were produced with a different look for the Danish market! More of a Nirvana Fakie than a fake Nirvana, but I thought it was worth mentioning anyway!

oh that's cool.

Just ordered some vintage lanards, thought I just needed some babies and the rest of the flocked guys and I was done, but looks like I was wrong! Danish Party Ponies just made it to my wish list!!

While there are some that are pretty hard to find, but I can't think of any others in particular that were region exclusive. Most of our fakies were available across different parts of Europe as well.

Oh wow, those Party Ponies are awesome! If I were actively collecting Fakies I'd be putting them at the top of my want list too.

@ Stormness - I would love to see your Lanard Collection, it probably puts mine to shame!  :biggrin:

LOL so would I! They've been in storage for years, I've been buying by lists and adding them to totes, they've never actually been together, because I haven't had room to display them! One day I'll have to pull them all out and do photos. I'm currently buying for my fakie collection, so maybe one day soon I'll pull them out and get some photos. I'd love to get the wedding set again, I traded them for MLPs, and regretted it ever since, they've become so hard to find!
Haha omg, I would literally murder for a wedding set  :P I can't wait to see those photos some day, your collection sounds incredible!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal