collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: To the person who made a private offer to buy a rare UK item on ebay...  (Read 1351 times)

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
Re: To the person who made a private offer to buy a rare UK item on ebay...
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2018, 09:33:25 AM »
Im sorry this is happening to you :(

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2018, 10:04:57 AM »
Can't say I've had this happen to me personally on eBay (gosh it's been years since I bought a pony at all) but I've had similar experiences at garage sales back in the day, and yeah it sucks.  Hoping it works out for you, and add me to the curious list for what piece of merch.  Maybe the combined efforts of the community can turn another one up!
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2018, 10:12:26 AM »
Until I have given the seller the opportunity to explain themselves and their actions, I am not going to give more details. I'm angry but not enough to tarnish someone's reputation without giving them a chance to rectify the situation or explain what is going on.

The last time the private offer thing happened to me was in the Jem community. As I said, in Jem world this was apparently all fine behaviour among a particularly disgusting clique of greedy rich souls. One time it happened to me and it was the last straw. It was obvious who the person was as she bragged about getting that item, so I blocked her from bidding on my items. This really annoyed her as I had a lot of the other things she was looking for and she spent six months sending me grovelling emails begging me to unblock. She's still blocked though. It's one of those things I don't consider forgivable, as it's driven by greed and self-interest, nothing else. I can forgive a lot of things but backstabbing another collector to get something you have no right to get is not one of them. To me it's almost as bad as scamming, because someone still ends up upset and out an item that they should have had.

That was also when I left the Jem community, because frankly by then it was getting ridiculous.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline 01mlplover

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2018, 10:51:07 AM »
I swear I’ve had this happen on eBay.  It’s very frustrating. Here’s to hoping this isn’t the case....

Offline Babydoll

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • ★ Instagram Babydoll84uk (Pics of my collection) ★
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2018, 11:29:45 AM »
I feel your pain I have this happen all the time :( Last time was maybe 2 weeks ago so I left the seller negative feedback as she had listed the pony at a cheap BIN and then cancelled the sale and relisted the pony at triple the price once she seen I had bought it and must have looked at my store! Partly the reason why I have a separate buying account now! But also have had many other pony lots cancelled in the past and then see other sellers start listing the same ponies! :/

P.S Also curious about what rare pony it was? There was an auction that ended last night that had stolen a pic from a auction that I had won the week before from a different seller so makes me wonder?

Babydoll~

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2018, 11:32:03 AM »
Babydoll, would you mind PMing me your auction? For obvious reasons I don't want to post here, but I would like to check that out.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Babydoll

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • ★ Instagram Babydoll84uk (Pics of my collection) ★
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2018, 11:45:06 AM »
Pm’d You :)

Babydoll~

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2018, 11:58:55 AM »
Thank you babydoll.

It turns out that this was the same auction image and that the seller I dealt with stole it from another auction.

I am crying a lot right now because I thought finally I had a chance to own her, but I guess I never will.

At least I know no ponyperson stabbed me in the back, but that's not much consolation at the moment.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2018, 12:01:08 PM »
Thank you babydoll.

It turns out that this was the same auction image and that the seller I dealt with stole it from another auction.

I am crying a lot right now because I thought finally I had a chance to own her, but I guess I never will.

At least I know no ponyperson stabbed me in the back, but that's not much consolation at the moment.

:( :hug:

Oooh she would get it from me! This is unacceptable! I'd rip her reputation to shreds and set fire to the remains! Isn't that called shilling or something?  Definitely report her rotten butt to ebay!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 12:05:16 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2018, 12:07:12 PM »
No...it
Thank you babydoll.

Ohh she would get it from me. This is unacceptable! I'd rip her reputation to shreds and set fire to the remains! Isn't that called shilling or something?
;

No, it;'s just basic fraud. Stealing another's image to list an auction. I know someone raised this as an issue a few days or so back but I don't know if it was the same case or person. I couldn;t get that image or link to load and what the item was was never mentioned.

If it had been any other pony I guess I'd probably be relieved right now because at least I know no ponyperson did this to me. And I also know that the person who has her is a good person who will love her. But I guess 30 years of frustration just kind of took over me.

I wish I had never seen the auction. It's totally ruined my birthday and honestly, right now I don';t even want to look at my ponies at all. To have your heart so invested in something and then have it turn out to be someone's callous attempt to steal money is just...

I just feel like...I would have loved her too.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2018, 12:09:14 PM »
Sorry to butt in again, I can't help but be curious about what was the item in particular 0.o would it be okay if any of you sent its pic to me via PM?

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2018, 12:10:11 PM »
No...it
Thank you babydoll.

Ohh she would get it from me. This is unacceptable! I'd rip her reputation to shreds and set fire to the remains! Isn't that called shilling or something?
;

No, it;'s just basic fraud. Stealing another's image to list an auction. I know someone raised this as an issue a few days or so back but I don't know if it was the same case or person. I couldn;t get that image or link to load and what the item was was never mentioned.

If it had been any other pony I guess I'd probably be relieved right now because at least I know no ponyperson did this to me. And I also know that the person who has her is a good person who will love her. But I guess 30 years of frustration just kind of took over me.

I wish I had never seen the auction. It's totally ruined my birthday and honestly, right now I don';t even want to look at my ponies at all. To have your heart so invested in something and then have it turn out to be someone's callous attempt to steal money is just...

I just feel like...I would have loved her too.

That's screwed up.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2018, 12:10:30 PM »
How do you know that is exactly what happened Taffeta?  I mean there is always the possibility of sellers remorse.  We don't talk about it often, but it can happen.  You have an item you hate to sell, you try to sell it and realize you can't.  So you refund.  Sure it could have been what you are suggestion..yea I get that, but there might be another reason yes?  One thing is for certain it is not good when an item is sold and then a seller changes their mind no matter what their excuse is.  That certainly is very upsetting and unfair to a buyer.

Oh I just read what happened. I am so sorry Taffeta.  On the one hand I am so glad you didn't think you were getting something and never get it and your money be gone.  That is at least good you got a refund.  Still, that is quite upsetting and I don't blame you for how you feel about it.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 12:14:29 PM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2018, 12:11:47 PM »
Tulagirl, please read the whole thread.

It's not seller's remorse. It's image theft fraud. And frankly right now I am not in any mood to listen to a defence of the seller.

I am going to edit the top post.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2018, 12:15:14 PM »
Tulagirl, please read the whole thread.

It's not seller's remorse. It's image theft fraud. And frankly right now I am not in any mood to listen to a defence of the seller.

I am going to edit the top post.

Yea I did and I was just editing because, I did go back and realized what happened.  So re-read my edit you must have missed it. Can this person be reported for this? I wish that something was done to stop this. This is going on a lot now.  I don't seem to ever hear people facing the consequences.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 12:43:12 PM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal