collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hi there!  (Read 502 times)

Offline SwirlyWhirly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Born in the year of the My Little Pony
    • View Profile
Hi there!
« on: February 21, 2018, 02:55:29 AM »
Hi!

I'm a MLP collector from Europe. English is not my first language so if you find grammatical errors in my writing you know why. :)

I had a few MLPs when I was a kid in the 80s and 90s, only seven, but I loved them and they are my favourite toys from my childhood. For me collecting is about nostalgia so I only collect G1. I chose the name Swirly Whirly because she is one of the seven ponies from my childhood collection and was always one of my favourites. That scent! Funny side note, I realised the other day that my shower gel smells exactly like Swirly Whirly!

I started collecting in high school, back in 2001 I think, and my collection of seven ponies from my childhood grew to 50. Because of lack of space after I moved into my first home of my own (tiny apartment) I put my collection on hiatus a few years later and didn't pick it up again until this year. Me and my boyfriend recently bought a house and now I have all the space I need and then some, so for the first time in over a decade my collection will be on display and have room to grow. I'm redecorating a room in the house to be my hobby room and plan to keep my collection there. I had already decided the room would be pink before I took up the collecting again and now it seems even more fitting. My pink hobby/MLP room! :D I'm a creative person so my hobby/MLP room will also be where I work on my art and other creative projects.

I'm looking forward to being part of the forum. :)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 03:50:09 AM by SwirlyWhirly »

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
Re: Hi there!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 02:54:46 PM »
Your English is great! Perfect even! Welcome to the Arena.

Your collecting story is very similar to mine. I had a couple of years off after moving home but I'm trying to complete my want list this year! You are so lucky to have your childhood collection still. Who else is your favourite from childhood apart from Swirly Whirly?

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 03:02:23 PM »
Welcome! When you get your collection on display, why not post a pic in the brag part of the arena? We’d love to see them!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 05:31:22 PM »
Welcome to the Arena! I must say, your English is great :) Sometimes I find things that smell like ponies too! Which other ponies were in your childhood collection? Glad you joined, I hope you have fun here :biggrin: I look forward to seeing you around!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 08:44:04 PM »
Welcome to the Arena :wave:

I hope you have an amazing time exploring the forum and get to add many new ponies to your collection :)

Offline SwirlyWhirly

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 01:33:28 AM »
Your English is great! Perfect even! Welcome to the Arena.

Your collecting story is very similar to mine. I had a couple of years off after moving home but I'm trying to complete my want list this year! You are so lucky to have your childhood collection still. Who else is your favourite from childhood apart from Swirly Whirly?

Thank you! I really loved my TAF Megan and Sundance. :) Posey is very dear to me too since she was my very first real MLP.

Welcome! When you get your collection on display, why not post a pic in the brag part of the arena? We’d love to see them!

Thanks! I will. :) I just wish my collection was as fancy as some pony rooms I've seen on this forum. My collection is tiny in comparison but oh well, Rome wasn't built in one day!

Welcome to the Arena! I must say, your English is great :) Sometimes I find things that smell like ponies too! Which other ponies were in your childhood collection? Glad you joined, I hope you have fun here :biggrin: I look forward to seeing you around!

Thanks! It's cool finding things which smells like ponies. They should make that as a perfume. I'd totally wear it! My small childhood collection consisted of Posey, Main Sail, Kiss Curl, Streaky, Baby Mischief, Swirly Whirly and TAF Megan and Sundance.

Welcome to the Arena :wave:

I hope you have an amazing time exploring the forum and get to add many new ponies to your collection :)

Thank you! I like it a lot so far. :)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 04:36:05 PM »
Welcome tp the arena :)

Offline aquamarinemolly

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2018, 04:53:13 PM »
Glad you're here, and welcome! :biggrin:
ISO princess ribbons, vintage pony pins, and UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire

Offline SwirlyWhirly

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2018, 01:34:54 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal