collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Would like to find someone who could modify a dress for me  (Read 582 times)

Offline 01mlplover

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
Would like to find someone who could modify a dress for me
« on: February 20, 2018, 08:09:32 PM »
Im no good with sewing or I would try myself but I have a super cute htf pony dress that is to small for me and was wondering if anyone would be able to alter it into a bigger size. I did some google research and it is doable. Of course I’d be willing to pay, as long as it’s not to much... maybe even trade some of my ponies to have it done. We could discuss more details in pm if you think you can help me.
Also I’m not to interested in keeping it as a dress. It is long sleeved and body hugging. It’d be cool if we could turn it into a tank top or short sleeve shirt. I’m only talking going a size or two up.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 08:13:21 PM by 01mlplover »

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Would like to find someone who could modify a dress for me
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 11:34:43 AM »
Hey I just wanted to mention that I have been sewing for 20 plus years.  The kind of alterations you are describing here really need to be done by someone who is in your area that can measure you.  Also if the item needs to be a lot bigger than the fabric seams being let out will allow...the only way to fix this is to add fabric to the seams.  The whole dress will have to be taken apart and altered.  This is very difficult to do and make it look right so, it takes a lot of skill.  It is just my opinion that  you find a local person to do this for you.  I could expect to pay more than you would think for this type of service.  Even something as basic as you are wanting done since sizing larger is involved. It definitely is possible though. Let us know how it went.  I do it with doll clothes all of the time, but there is no way I am taking on a human outfit.  LOL   :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline 01mlplover

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 01:30:31 PM »
Yea, I was hoping I could get someone to cut the sides and put lace in or some kind of fabric panels. I think the sleeves could be easily cut and the length could easily be altered as well. I just don’t trust myself to start cutting.

Offline 01mlplover

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 04:42:35 PM »
This is the dress im wanting to alter...

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 07:26:06 AM »
Yeah I would use the pony-printed sleeve for the one side panel, maybe it would give you enough "up-size"?  But that type of fabric is crazy difficult to work with... 

Have you searched for any local tailors in your area?  That is where I would start, go to the professionals who alter clothing as their profession! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal