collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hey there from OK!  (Read 1235 times)

Offline MerryAnvil

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • The Resident Blacksmith Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jordan's Pony Corner
Hey there from OK!
« on: February 20, 2018, 02:19:30 PM »
Hi all! I'm a gal from Oklahoma who's been collecting and drawing MLPs for a little over 15 yrs now <3 Irl, I'm a blacksmith who owns two real horses, a gelding named Ringo and a rescued mare named Dusty.

Personal:

How old are you? I am 20 years old.

Where do you live? State, Country? I live in Oklahoma, USA.

Do you work or attend school? Profession or major? I was homeschooled almost my entire life, and currently looking into attending a trade school for my welding certification. However, I am a blacksmith as my main profession.

Who are the important people in your life? My family <3 Specifically, my mother, stepfather, and little sister.

Ponies:

How long have you been collecting? A little over 15 years now! I started when I was 5 years old.

Which generations of ponies do you collect? G1, G2, G3 or G4? I collect all of them, but I mainly focus on G1, G2, and G3.

What made you want to collect ponies? I got into ponies when I was in kindergarten because some other little girls had them. Being both a horse-crazy child and an artist from a young age, colorful ponies were an obvious choice! And I still haven't outgrown them.

Tell us about your collection! Sadly my family went through a financial crisis a few years back and had to move, so I downsized my collection to help out. But I still have a pretty nice little group of ponies! Some highlights of my collection are Rosey Posey (whom I found in a thrift store in mint condition with her hair still in its original packaging), my nearly mint Dancing Butterflies and Baby Dancing Butterflies, Love Wishes (who I actually received through the points program while it was active), and of course my two beloved boy ponies, Steamer and Baby Brother Sweet Celebrations. I have a goal to collect all the male ponies that I can, from G1 all the way to the current G4 ponies. I currently have two shelves full of ponies with more on the way!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by Shaiyeh, sig by SquarePeg! <3 Check out my pony website here!

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
Re: Hey there from OK!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 04:07:13 PM »
Welcome to the Arena! I would love to see your drawings, whether it be pony or not :) You can post them in the Arts and Crafts corral if you would like! Ooh, and being a blacksmith sounds awesome :) Glad you joined, I look forward to seeing you around!

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 05:34:15 PM »
Welcome to the arena! :)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 06:02:27 PM »
Welcome to the arena! Being a blacksmith sounds interesting, it's not often that I hear about those entering a trade!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline MerryAnvil

• View Profile
    • Jordan's Pony Corner
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 06:48:57 PM »
Welcome to the Arena! I would love to see your drawings, whether it be pony or not :) You can post them in the Arts and Crafts corral if you would like! Ooh, and being a blacksmith sounds awesome :) Glad you joined, I look forward to seeing you around!

Thank you so much! I've made a thread over there, hopefully I'll have more new works to share soon! It's really awesome, I love it <3

Welcome to the arena! :)

Thanks!  ^.^

Welcome to the arena! Being a blacksmith sounds interesting, it's not often that I hear about those entering a trade!

Thank you! It's certainly a neat job, and something I get to do at home so that's always nice. Plus it's such a vast field with so many possibilities! I'm lucky enough to have a great blacksmith community in my state too.

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 08:45:42 PM »
Welcome to the Arena :lovey:

I'm glad to hear that you are now in a position to start expanding your collection again.  I hope you find some amazing members to rejoin your herd :)

Offline Aadra310

• Trade Count: (+80)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 08:19:50 PM »
Hello from another Okie!!!!

You're a blacksmith?!  That's cool!  My great-grandfather was a blacksmith!  I wonder how much techniques have changed since then...

There are several OK collectors in the community.  Maybe we should have our own meet-up one of these days!

Offline MerryAnvil

• View Profile
    • Jordan's Pony Corner
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2018, 11:03:09 AM »
Hello from another Okie!!!!

You're a blacksmith?!  That's cool!  My great-grandfather was a blacksmith!  I wonder how much techniques have changed since then...

There are several OK collectors in the community.  Maybe we should have our own meet-up one of these days!

Hey there! Super excited to see another Okie, I wasn't sure how many collectors there were here haha.

That's awesome! Honestly the hammering and heating techniques haven't changed much, according to some of the older blacksmiths I've met. It's more that gas forges are more popular than coal and wood forges now. I kinda prefer coal myself, though, as that's what my local blacksmith community mainly uses and it's just a lot more authentic IMO.

Oh man I would love that! We definitely should!  :frolic:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal