collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Iffy Discussions - Is the future of MLP "tainted"?  (Read 1915 times)

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
Re: The Iffy Discussions - Is the future of MLP "tainted"?
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2018, 05:56:58 AM »
I'm a broken record on this but I'll say it again:  I wish Hasbro would treat MLP like Transformers and run two (rather like 5) separate lines, one for kids aka "the target audience" and one specially made for adult collectors.  It's been pure joy to see them release TF G1 inspired toys over the past few years in the adult line called Generations.  It's epic!  They're releasing updated toys for obscure weird 1980s characters that no one Dreamed would get a toy!  Same colors, nearly the same name, but with modern articulation and engineering.

It would be great to have a Generations MLP line with only G1 ponies made.  What if they reengineered Beddy Bye Eye ponies and their school of Dance and released it in 2018!  Cmon Hasbro! Do it!

And to clarify , I don't mean G1 released in G4.x style either. TF Generations is its own thing, it is not styled after their TF Movie lines or any other.  They re seperate designs and molds from the main line.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 06:07:38 AM by gabumon »

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2018, 11:21:03 AM »
I'm a broken record on this but I'll say it again:  I wish Hasbro would treat MLP like Transformers and run two (rather like 5) separate lines, one for kids aka "the target audience" and one specially made for adult collectors.  It's been pure joy to see them release TF G1 inspired toys over the past few years in the adult line called Generations.  It's epic!  They're releasing updated toys for obscure weird 1980s characters that no one Dreamed would get a toy!  Same colors, nearly the same name, but with modern articulation and engineering.

It would be great to have a Generations MLP line with only G1 ponies made.  What if they reengineered Beddy Bye Eye ponies and their school of Dance and released it in 2018!  Cmon Hasbro! Do it!

And to clarify , I don't mean G1 released in G4.x style either. TF Generations is its own thing, it is not styled after their TF Movie lines or any other.  They re seperate designs and molds from the main line.

Isn't that what they are doing ina way?  Only now with Basic Fun!/Bridge Direct taking all the risks.  As someone earlier said, this seems to be more than just an anniversary release.  Anniversary releases don't last 3 years.  If this line does well who knows what will happen.

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2018, 01:11:12 PM »
It's tainted for approximately 3-6 years like it is during every transition since the brand's inception.  I wouldn't worry about it, the lulls are when you can mostly fill out your collection.

Offline SwirlyWhirly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Born in the year of the My Little Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2018, 02:14:51 PM »
I have such a hard time even getting what bronies are about. I don't know how much this topic has been discussed in this forum since I'm new here but what is your take on the psychology behind bronies?

I think it's mostly a pop culture phenomenon which probably attracts men who feel that they've finally found a community in which they can put aside some of societies pressure of what a man should be and like. For me as a collector I relive my childhood by collecting MLP but for bronies maybe it's about getting to live the childhood they never got to have as boys. Getting in touch with typically feminine attributes instead of playing war and cars. I've heard bronies saying they actually learn life lessons from MLP and I think that can actually be true because as boys they might not have been encouraged to talk about feelings, being caring towards each other etc. I have a hard time thinking that I'd enjoy something aimed at kids which was never part of my own childhood as an adult, but I think the thing with bronies is that as men MLP and all that MLP is and stands for, is entirely new to them. I think that's one group of bronies and I find them rather cute.

[Mirn edit]

I think as the fad dies out bronies will find other fandoms because a fad it is. Where did the Twilight fans go? They were all over the internet ten years ago and now they're gone. I have a really hard time seeing most of the bronies still being fans in ten years time. I think, sadly for some of them, as their community gets smaller they will find less acceptance for being men into a TV-show for little girls, and maybe move on to other things. [Mirn edit]

[Let's leave that can of worms unopened here, shall we. :) ~ Mirn]
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 02:20:32 PM by Mirnyj »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal