collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Changed my mind about not liking G4! Water ponies?!  (Read 1692 times)

Offline PrincessNikki

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • dressed like a dream
    • View Profile
Changed my mind about not liking G4! Water ponies?!
« on: February 19, 2018, 07:20:59 AM »
So....I used to be a huuuuge collector of G4 in the beginning when the brushables were first being released. I had to get every pony as soon as they came out, I stalked the stores multiples times a week...But when my collector itch had waned (hasbro releasing the same mane 6 over and over and only releasing ponies in the same pink colors...ect) I gave them all to my best friend's kids.

Since returning to these forums after seeing the Bridge Direct g1s release, I had taken another look at G4s after swearing them off 5 years ago...I wanted to see what I had missed over the years and was prepared to be underwhelmed.
.....and I learned that they did something that I have always wanted hasbro to do .....MADE WATER PONIES!!

Ponies with water and glitter in them that you can shake?! YES!!!!!!!  :frolic:

I need to know more about them. Are they still available in stores?! Which ones did they release?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 07:22:32 AM by PrincessNikki »

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Changed my mind about not liking G4! Water ponies?!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 07:27:30 AM »
Most stores don't have the Water Cuties anymore since it's been a couple years since they came out (most recent were from 2015), but it may be worth checking places that are always slow when it comes to toys. My local Rite-Aid, for example, still carries the Water Cuties Flower Wishes (for $10 instead of $5 though, Rite-Aid overprices their toys).

Here are all of the Water Cuties ponies:

https://data.mlpmerch.com/brushables/body/water-cuties/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Mlp Sunsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Sparkles are great, but Sunsparkles are better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 07:42:51 AM »
Here are all of them :) as for getting them, I would check discount shops, and eBay, as they should be up for sale secondhand by now, or maybe even new :) I have only seen flower wishes and applejack in stores recently however.
Spoiler
here are the pictures:

Mlp Sunsparkle x

Sig made by: Sapphire Rain
Instagram: mlp_sunsparkle

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 08:14:00 AM »
Came out several years ago. I have two of them, but Hasbro really botched the distribution.

The only ones you'd still be able to find now are Applejack, occasionally Pinkie Pie and  Flower something at TrU. I can't remember her name, but her colors are reminiscent of Shady's.

You can get them on Amazon, but they're overpriced.

You will have a heckuva time trying to get your pony-loving mitts on the Princesses, Blossomforth and Lily Blossom.

I have Diamond Mint and I was lucky to get Princess Celestia in a trade. I desperately wanted Princess Luna and Blossomforth, but they were nowhere to be found.

The Water Cuties was what finally dragged me into G4.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 08:21:11 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline PrincessNikki

• Dazzle Surprise
  • dressed like a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 08:24:06 AM »
Thank you all for the replies! They are so gorgeous. Sad that they dont really sell them anymore but I will keep an eye out for them...maybe someone will b selling them at the fair this year.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 08:26:17 AM »
Thank you all for the replies! They are so gorgeous. Sad that they dont really sell them anymore but I will keep an eye out for them...maybe someone will b selling them at the fair this year.

Like I said. I see Applejack and Flower something at TrU everytime I go. So try there.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 08:44:14 AM »
I have Diamond Mint out of this set.  She's so pretty!  I'd love to get some of the princesses too.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline PrincessNikki

• Dazzle Surprise
  • dressed like a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2018, 08:53:19 AM »

Like I said. I see Applejack and Flower something at TrU everytime I go. So try there.
There is a TRU by my house!! So thats really great! Thanks!!

Offline PrincessNikki

• Dazzle Surprise
  • dressed like a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2018, 08:53:55 AM »
I have Diamond Mint out of this set.  She's so pretty!  I'd love to get some of the princesses too.

Yeah she is the first one I saw and she's my favorite! but her prices on ebay are too high for me.

Offline Sweet Daes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Glitter is my best friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2018, 10:50:15 AM »
I love these water globes so much. I have them ALL- I needed them in my life when I found they existed about a year ago.

Dare I say, though; I was disappointed that the new G4 Flip and Flow Seaponies were a missed opportunity. I wish they had put the same cutiemark glitter in them that the Water Cuties did. I also doubt this line will extend outside of the Mane 6.

Excuse me while my inner 7-year-old whines in the corner...

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2018, 10:52:24 AM »
I love these water globes so much. I have them ALL- I needed them in my life when I found they existed about a year ago.

Dare I say, though; I was disappointed that the new G4 Flip and Flow Seaponies were a missed opportunity. I wish they had put the same cutiemark glitter in them that the Water Cuties did. I also doubt this line will extend outside of the Mane 6.

Excuse me while my inner 7-year-old whines in the corner...

Woulda been nice if they were full on translucent plastic. I do intend to get 2 for customs.

Offline Bebopgroove

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Esoterous
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2018, 10:52:46 AM »
Shame I missed these on my collecting hiatus, because they're really stinkin' cute! Although the first thought that crossed my mind was "would they leak at some point?"

My Wattpad | Flickr gallery (coming soon)
PSN: bebopgroove
Xbox: bebopgroove

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2018, 11:18:57 AM »
Shame I missed these on my collecting hiatus, because they're really stinkin' cute! Although the first thought that crossed my mind was "would they leak at some point?"

Only if you crack em or something. My girls are fine. :)

Offline Motion-Paradox

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2018, 11:29:05 AM »
The sort of have new ones too, one of the sets released for the movie has something similar with the Sea Pony designs of Twilight, Pinkie, and Rainbow (Though they have normal heads), I also just checked the American Toys R Us website and they still have Applejack & Flower Wishes listed

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2018, 11:38:11 AM »
So....I used to be a huuuuge collector of G4 in the beginning when the brushables were first being released. I had to get every pony as soon as they came out, I stalked the stores multiples times a week...But when my collector itch had waned (hasbro releasing the same mane 6 over and over and only releasing ponies in the same pink colors...ect) I gave them all to my best friend's kids.

Since returning to these forums after seeing the Bridge Direct g1s release, I had taken another look at G4s after swearing them off 5 years ago...I wanted to see what I had missed over the years and was prepared to be underwhelmed.
.....and I learned that they did something that I have always wanted hasbro to do .....MADE WATER PONIES!!

Ponies with water and glitter in them that you can shake?! YES!!!!!!!  :frolic:

I need to know more about them. Are they still available in stores?! Which ones did they release?

Applejack and Flower Wishes have been permanent fixtures in UK stores for about the last three years I think xD. We ran out of our own distribution and now seem to have Canada's or something. Weird but anyway.

My sister began love for G4 with a water cutie Applejack and now she has a Flower Wishes too. I have Diamond Mint and Luna...also Blossomforth with the pretty glittery wings.

I think aside Twilight and \Cadence they're not too bad to find? Diamond Mint I've heard people say is harder to find now but I wonder if it's just because she's the original character of the set (Flower Wishes having had other releases) that makes her popular.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal