collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

G3s! Love 'em or hate 'em?

Love them! They're my favorite gen!
Love them!
They're alright
Meh
I'm swimming in them @_@

Author Topic: Let's talk about G3s!  (Read 6516 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Let's talk about G3s!
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2018, 02:53:37 PM »
Pretty Pop is such a cheerful pony.

Agreed. She's another favorite of mine. In fact, G3 had a lot of beautiful yellow ponies. Lavender Cloud, Merriweather, Pretty Pop, Apple Spice, and October Calendula are some of my favorites from that generation.

I love Lavender Cloud and October Calendula. I also love Alphabittle, Sunshimmer, Butterscotch, Surfstar and Kiwi Tart.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2018, 05:05:50 PM »
I love Waterfire too...:D
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2018, 05:12:44 PM »
I love G3's.  I grew up with G1's so those will always be my favorite but G3's are my second favorite.  They're the reason why I got back into MLP collecting.  I remember to this day hearing the commercial for the Cotton Candy Cafe while I was on the computer.  I heard the song and almost had a whiplash turning around so quickly.  It was very reminiscent of G1 times with the tune.  I wanted some of those ponies I saw in the commercial but at the time I was around 18 or 19 in 2003 so I thought I was way too old for MLP.  I became a closet collector later when I bought G3 Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie who had the charms.  It pretty much grew from there.  :biggrin:

G3's were very much like G1's in that they had many different poses and varieties.  I remember seeing them at Toys R Us and they had shelve and shelves of G3's, even covering both sides of an aisle.  I miss those days.  I was born in 1984 and I think I got my first G1's in 1988 or 1989 but I was still young and didn't watch the TV series or movie until later on when I was older.  So, I don't truly remember the G1 days when they were first out because I wasn't born yet.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 05:14:56 PM by Majesty »

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2018, 08:04:30 PM »
well, being born in '79, I was already in my 20's when the G3 appeared but since I had G1 as a kid, I was happy to see the G3 come out. G1 will ALWAYS be my first choice but I like G3 and G4 too. It's the G2's I want no part of. I think I haev almost every G3 that was released minus re-releases or variants of the same pony - like the stupid core 7 crap. Although I do like the ones with the words written on them.

I don;t have enough room, so they are all in totes on the back porch.

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Valerie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • ☼ I ❤ G3 ☼
    • View Profile
    • Valerie´s Pony Rainbow
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2018, 07:19:11 PM »
What can I say... I LOVE THEM!!! Just click my Instagram link in my signature to check it  :lol:

I started to collect again 5 years ago because of them (my childhood gen was G2, I have few of them)
Yes, there are few pegs and unis, but for me their design and molds are the prettiest :heart:

:sunny:   visitors can't see pics , please register or login
   :sunny:   

Valerie´s Pony Rainbow Tumblr - Instagram - Youtube
:heart:

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2018, 08:50:08 PM »
G3 is a great generation in my opinion; I think people have already mentioned some of the downsides, like the silly names some of them have and the lack of variety (i.e., no boys, few babies, and mostly earth ponies). I think their color schemes and poses in general, though, are really creative, and like someone said, their accessories are really cute. Also, you can stick the ones with magnets onto vertical surfaces. Always entertaining.

I have a goal of collecting all of the G3 unicorns. I received a Whistle Wishes as a random present from my mom when that pony was new in stores and when I had basically stopped collecting any ponies; I thought and have always thought since that she's so beautiful, one of the few G3s I'd actually call objectively beautiful.

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2018, 02:39:27 AM »
I absolutely adore G3, they're the generation I'd say I grew up with, so they are my favorite generation! I'm not really sure why I latched on to MLP like I did, I wasn't ever much of a doll or even fantasy kid, but for some reason when my sister got the cotton candy cafe for her birthday I was automatically in love, I knew I needed a pony of my own! I think I even remember my mom having a conversation with the mom who bought her the gift, I was at a roller skating rink and being nosy when I overheard my mom say something like, "I don't think we have any of those yet..." and she told me I had to wait to see what the new toy was on my sister's birthday because she must not have thought I'd keep the secret :P
G3 has by far the coolest color schemes in my opinion, I remember being so pumped about the jewel ponies, butterfly island, and the later releases that had crazy gradients and patterns on their legs. I've kept all my ponies from when I was younger and took over the herds of my sister and a couple old neighbors too, so I honestly feel like I have most of the US G3 ponies minus most re-releases and some of the more uncommon ones.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2018, 07:49:09 AM »
Also, you can stick the ones with magnets onto vertical surfaces. Always entertaining.
Somewhere I have an old photo of my g3 ponies filling up our metal staircase railing. It looks goofy.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2018, 12:03:47 PM »
Also, you can stick the ones with magnets onto vertical surfaces. Always entertaining.
Somewhere I have an old photo of my g3 ponies filling up our metal staircase railing. It looks goofy.

Always fun with fridges but less amusing when trying to pack in the same bag as your laptop. I was going to bring Sandy Island back to London with me to keep Honoluloo company, as she's the only G3 I have in London, but I couldn;t work out how to do it safely because of her magnet :(

I found Pretty Pop at a carboot sale. She was new to me when I did but i ended up keeping her, she's lovely. I don't know who all the ones you list are, LAW, but I do remember all the jokes and humour when Kiwi Tart came out and the first place she was found was New Zealand. I think it might actually have been Loa who found her xD. I am pretty sure I still have that one.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2018, 02:27:04 PM »
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 02:33:49 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2018, 03:14:46 PM »
Hmm. I have sunshimmer and I do remember Butterscotch. May still have her too. The babies I am really bad with but wiki says she came in a set with Wysteria so I think I have her. No name on the UK box :(

Thanks law ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2018, 03:34:12 PM »
Welcome. :)

I love quite a few of the baby ponies. They're soo cute! Even though I don't have any yet, my favorites are:

Sandy Island
Honolulu
Lavender Locket
Penny Candy
Wave Catcher
Tea Lily
Bella Luna
Keen Bean
Boogie Woogie
Butterdrop

Would have been nice to have more pegasus foals too. I don't care for the wings on Mochanut.

Why oh why didn't they make baby unicorns? That would have been so adorable! What do you guys think baby unicorns would have been like?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 03:37:58 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2018, 03:46:49 PM »
It's a hard decision, but I think my favorite G3 is Alphabittle. She's so funny and sweet. Although, Autumn Skye is great, and I also like Lulabelle...But Alphabittle has so much personality!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2018, 03:51:16 PM »
It's a hard decision, but I think my favorite G3 is Alphabittle. She's so funny and sweet. Although, Autumn Skye is great, and I also like Lulabelle...But Alphabittle has so much personality!

Autumn Skye is gorgeous!

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2018, 05:15:56 PM »
I had a modest handful of baby ponies, at least 6. Mostly white ones, with a yellow one and a blue one. I still have 3 or 4, with Honolu-loo being my favorite. My sister has the other baby pegasus and she's almost cuter.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal