collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

G3s! Love 'em or hate 'em?

Love them! They're my favorite gen!
Love them!
They're alright
Meh
I'm swimming in them @_@

Author Topic: Let's talk about G3s!  (Read 6515 times)

Offline Bebopgroove

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Esoterous
Re: Let's talk about G3s!
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2018, 06:27:34 AM »
I also agree that it's sad we didn't see so much diversity with pony races. Imgaine how cute g3 seaponies would've been! But at least we did have a lot of different characters before they started the core7 :)

I meant to add a pic to my last post, but here it is now xD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
petite petumia by shai b, on Flickr

and here's another favourite pony :lovey:

IMG_7222 by shai b, on Flickr

G3s are super photogenic IMO xD

I love the pics Shaiyeh! :D

I'm currently going through all of mine right now and trying to sort, ID, and match accessories.. And I have to say that the Jewel ponies have become some of my favorites. I ended up with more of them plus ones I didn't have after a friend gave me some of her doubles :D

Also, what is everyone's opinion on detinseling? I have some in my collection I had detinseled due to their tinsel being beyond any help, but others I've kept their tinsel if I can help it.

My Wattpad | Flickr gallery (coming soon)
PSN: bebopgroove
Xbox: bebopgroove

Offline Mlp Sunsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Sparkles are great, but Sunsparkles are better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2018, 07:08:10 AM »
I love the jewel ponies too! They are so pretty!
As for detinselling, I have done it to a few ponies who had awful hair:
Water fire with a serious haircut (partially buzzed) - a lot was already gone
Fancy free - became so bad that the pieces split into two and broke off, not a full detinsel but mostly gone.
Sweet sparkle - intentional detinsel, she was full of rust and had such frizzy hair! It wouldn’t calm down at all and her tinsel was wretched so I took it all out of her mane. I left her tail for now so I could see the difference.

I would only do it if the tinsel was beyond hope and ruining the hair. Otherwise I just leave it and try not to brush my tinsel ponies unless I’m washing them.
Mlp Sunsparkle x

Sig made by: Sapphire Rain
Instagram: mlp_sunsparkle

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2018, 08:51:56 AM »
I actually don't care much for the unicorns. There seem to be more in the cartoon. Why couldn't we get more of those?

A lot of the color schemes don't mesh well and only three of them have interesting symbols that aren't flowers and hearts. I have and love Valentine Sweetie Belle, because my kid didn't like her and was going to put her in the charity bag. (Pity I didn't save Kimono and earth Cheerilee.)

I do intend to try and snag Sunrise Song, she's my favorite.

Styling Cheerilee is one of my ultimate G3 grails.

I want to give Brights Brightly a chance, even though I'm on the fence about her and I think her name is stupid.

I don't like Whistle Wishes. Something about her is off-putting, even though her colors, symbols and pose are right up my alley.

Rarity out of nowhere, is growing on me.

Lily Lightly's gimmick puts me off. Shame, she's got nice colors and a lovely symbol.

Don't like Garden Wishes. Or was it Garden Glade?

I wish we'd gotten more Whistle Wishes posed ponies. Its my favorite G3 unicorn pose.

DD has Whistle Wishes and Sunrise Song. Still needs Brighty.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 11:41:23 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Bebopgroove

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Esoterous
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2018, 10:45:27 AM »
Whistle Wishes and Sunrise Song are probably the two G3 unicorns I like the most.. Especially Sunrise Song because the moment I saw her new on release, I was like "G3 Mimic!" :lol:
And shame we didn't get a regular sized unicorn Cheerilee, though it's not like I don't have enough purple/pink G3s as it is :lol:

My Wattpad | Flickr gallery (coming soon)
PSN: bebopgroove
Xbox: bebopgroove

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2018, 12:14:16 PM »
Haha xD she looks so pleased with herself, out in the snow in her gear and showing off xD <3. Is that the original Snow'el? I feel I have her somewhere.

I am expecting not to be able to afford the pegasus Snow'el, so like LAW, I guess she's probably off my list for now. Really pretty though.

It is, I have her loose and MIB because she's one of my favourites :lovey: (although I'd have had her just MIB if it wasn't for the fact that someone accidentally stepped on my first one's box x_____x it was completely destroyed xD positive part of that is I got to unbox my favourite g3 pony and play around with her! xD)

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2018, 12:37:21 PM »
I dunno, I think she looks so pleased with herself, I'd imagine she engineered the whole thing! I really wish the UK had had those ponies. I have some of them and so does sister thanks to amazing American friend but it's not the same. (Apparently we don't have Christmas, Valentines, Hallowe'en in the UK, according to G3 Hasbro. Apparently though we do have Easter, but it involves weird plastic egg packaged ponies with bunny ears, and that's about it... And that egg is hard to store. I have a Daisyjo one and she's so cute but she rolls around the floor in that egg way too easily.

...On topic. I had to google Sunrise Song. I didn't know about her, but not really that keen. Maybe if I saw one in real life. Rarity is my pink unicorn of choice I guess. I periodically forget brights's name because it's stupid and she's pretty. I like Whistle Wishes but another stupid name.

Also had to look up Garden Wishes. Another pink unicorn. Right now sticking to Rarity.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2018, 02:45:47 PM »
I grew up with G3, though I also loved g1 and g2 as a kid. I didn't like the lack of unicorns and pegasi but it didn't stop me from buying ponies. I had quite a collection for a kid, mostly white g3, before I purged a few years ago by selling many to my friends. I can't fathom why they limited the pony diversity.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline Cadence

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • The Polyglot Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2018, 09:37:02 PM »
I grew up (as an older child) collecting G3s. I LOVED their names, themes, poses, and unique colours! As a G1 fan, it was great to see old names with new looks too. The points/rewards system was a nice bonus.

Being in Canada, I had to go to the US to get a lot of the Target exclusives. I own most of the first 3 years of the G3s.

When the G4s came out, I favoured the G4 eyes over the G3s. That said, I might move soon so I might need to find some of my ponies new homes. Some G3s may go, but I love my G4s too much.
 || Sig by LunaCat || :fox: :heart:

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2018, 07:05:00 AM »
I grew up with G1, but I love G3. I like the vibrant colors. I disagree with their colors being monotonous, but then again I have 95% of the generation except exclusives. The symbols though are overwhelmingly flowers.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2018, 08:05:43 AM »
I got back in to ponies right near the end of G3 just before Core 7 started so I missed a bunch of the early g3 ponies. An amazing friend sent me  several ponies on my wishlist and I was able to get one or two (3D symbol Rarity and TAF Starsong. Sometimes I wish I would have picked up G3s when they were so many in stores. I remember seeing the TRU birthday month ponies, Crystal Crown and her wishing well, Heart Bright and several others that I passed on because I wasn’t in to ponies then.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 08:08:07 AM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2018, 09:14:49 AM »
G3 came out when I was a sophomore (?) in college.  I really liked them but there were so many I couldn't fit them in my dorm room so I stopped collecting.  I'll pick the odd one up at the flea market, but aside from a few special ones I'll probably get rid of the bulk of my stuff. 

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2018, 09:19:53 AM »
Ahhh G3... if only I had put all that money into a savings account... :( Not to mention all the time and gas money driving from each and every TRU and Target in several STATES!    I owned almost everything up until the "core characters" nonsense started... 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2018, 02:52:50 PM »
I love G3. I grew up with G1, and as other have said G3 was a nice homage to G1.

When I started collecting as an adult, I started with G3 (after getting a small herd of petite ponies first). I actually debated buying G3s for several years before I ended up doing so. But I had to have Autumn Skye, so I caved in. Initially, I planned on a small herd of G3s, like 10 or so. Then, I decided well maybe I should get a few more for variety, but stop at around 25. But then I'd say to myself, "Well even though I've got my 25, I must get this pony, and that pony, and that pony....." You know how it goes. Now I have like 60 G3s.

The Things I Loved About G3:
-The body shapes that are reminiscent of G1.
-The seasonal and holiday ponies.
-The great variety of ponies.
-The beautiful jewels in the jewel pony and birthstone sets
-The nice array or playsets and cool accessories

A Couple Areas Where I Felt G3 Could Have Been Improved:
-Too many floral symbols
-Too many pink ponies (more orange and green would have been great)
- More unicorns and pegasi

Favorite G3s: Autumn Skye, Desert Blossom, Merriweather, Jolly Lolly, Denim Blue, Chilly Breezes, Lavender Cloud, Pumpkin Tart

Offline Skylar

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+211)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2018, 03:02:44 PM »
I loved G3s! Was so much fun to go to the store and see ponies on the shelves again! Until the Core Seven started and pretty much ruined everything. Sadly, it doesn't seem that Hasbro learned from that major screw up.

Offline Ariana

• Trade Count: (+193)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2018, 04:02:23 PM »
My fav gen is G3! I'm a bit biased...my first pony ever was G3 Sunrise Song (again, one of the only unicorns!)

Looking back at the lack of G3 unicorns and pegasi to be honest, if you think of it this way they are supposed to be special and rare species  ;)
Maybe if we thought about this it makes sense why there aren't too many!

Other than that, I love their pearly bodies, the way they smell, all the beautiful poses, and the cool releases! (like the holiday ponies and the gradient leg ones).

Also, their playsets are SO durable and their accessories are so cute!

:heart:
Follow my SFW pony tumblr: http://yodawgiheardyoulikeponies.tumblr.com/
Trade/sale list and wishlist:
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,371182.0.html
My MLP Youtube Channel:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal