collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Kotobukiya statues!  (Read 16755 times)

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Kotobukiya statues!
« Reply #90 on: October 03, 2019, 02:22:22 PM »
ooh, I like the front of her shirt. She's not for me, though. My favourite's still Pinkie, hopefully I'll be able to get her sooner rather than later :)

I forgot how cute Applejack's art is! I'm excited for her to be released.

I think we'll just get the main 6 for now, but I wouldn't be surprised if they made more characters later, if the first six sell well enough. (Although I guess by the time all six have been released, G5 probably will have started, right? idk if that would affect this.. hm)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 03, 2019, 03:10:55 PM »
(Although I guess by the time all six have been released, G5 probably will have started, right? idk if that would affect this.. hm)

EqG will continue for a little longer so I guess the timing is ok.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #92 on: October 03, 2019, 03:27:54 PM »
Rainbow Dash's unpainted prototype!

We can probably expect to see her painted version shortly after Fluttershy releases (which will be late December, so probably early January is when we'll see how Rainbow will look painted), given the pattern thus far. And very soon after that is when AJ should get her unpainted prototype. :)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 08:51:52 PM by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 »

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2019, 03:51:32 PM »
Awesome, I've been waiting to see RD! I love her hair, not sure about her pony's expression, though. Just not my style. I love the flow of her jacket, too, that's really nice! I can't wait to see her in full colour.

(Although I guess by the time all six have been released, G5 probably will have started, right? idk if that would affect this.. hm)

EqG will continue for a little longer so I guess the timing is ok.

To clarify, I meant I'm not sure if G5 would affect whether or not new characters are made after this - like, if Hasbro would allow them to do it or not. (Don't see any reason why Kotobukiya wouldn't do it - I can think of lots of shows that still get merch even years after ending - but I could see Hasbro wanting to focus on the new gen)

I didn't know that about EQG though, that's interesting.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 03:53:24 PM by Carrehz »

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #94 on: February 03, 2020, 09:03:10 PM »
Rainbow is painted now! Here's the Kotobukiya blog post about her. Says they'll also be showing Applejack's painted figure at WonFes coming up soon.

Her preorders have begun!

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-056345

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 04, 2020, 06:00:46 AM »
aaaaa I want her so much :drunk:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 04, 2020, 08:23:26 AM »
Rainbow Dash is SO CUTE!

Post Merge: February 04, 2020, 08:25:19 AM

Fluttershy's prototype images have come out!

http://en.kotobukiya.co.jp/kotoblog/my-little-pony-bishoujo-fluttershy/

Spoiler

I'll post preorder pages when I can find them. AmiAmi doesn't have it yet.

edit - Here's the AmiAmi page to preorder her! Gonna place my preorder now!

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-050683

She releases in December.

I wish they had gone with a different sculpt for fluttershy... I mean the face is cute but I don't like how she's smushing her boobs up like that- it's not very fluttershyish to me, I guess.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 08:25:41 AM by Galactica »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #97 on: February 04, 2020, 08:46:07 PM »
To me Rainbow Dash is the only one that doesn't have a slight "made for creepers" vibe.  (Maybe Twilight Sparkle too.)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 08:48:29 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 05, 2020, 02:04:33 PM »
To me Rainbow Dash is the only one that doesn't have a slight "made for creepers" vibe.  (Maybe Twilight Sparkle too.)

Oh I don't know about that.  Why does Twilight have such a large chest? Isn't she supposed to be like middle school age ?

Rarity has a 10/10 creepiness factor.  Fluttershy maybe 9/10 with the chest thing.

I think Pinkie and RD are the best of the lot and least "sexy" which is a vibe I don't want to see in MLP ever.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 05, 2020, 02:41:59 PM »
-shrug- They look fine to me. Maybe Flutters' pose is pushing it a bit (I think she's super cute, but I get where you guys are coming from there) but otherwise I'm really not seeing the "creepiness" y'all are complaining about.

I've gotta say, I'm really loving the shoes on these, and I'm not usually a shoe aficionado. I mean, their outfits in general are nice, but the shoes are really standing out to me.

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #100 on: February 05, 2020, 03:14:49 PM »
Yeah that aspect of Fluttershy's pose is... questionable. I like everything else about her besides that. I can't say I see that kind of aspect with any of the others though? Pinkie's just cute and innocent. Twilight... doesn't really have that large of a chest on her figure? If they are supposed to still be around the age they are in Equestria Girls, my chest was a lot larger than that when I was in middle and high school, as were many other students'. Twi's on the figure are on the smaller side. But while the figure outfits are definitely EqG inspired, the figures themselves give off more "young adult" vibes to me. Rarity is definitely being portrayed as beautiful in her figures, yes. But that just feels in character for Rarity to me. But yeah Fluttershy's pose is odd I agree.

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 05, 2020, 05:36:44 PM »
Ugh, I knew shouldn't have clicked on this thread. I want all of these and I'm broke. :lol:

From what little I know of the FiM cast, the sculpts convey their personalities really well - though I certainly have to agree that Fluttershy's pose is in poor taste. There's plenty of other poses they could have chosen while still staying true to her character.
Maybe I've hung around anime communities too long, but these gals (especially when compared to many others) are pretty modestly designed. I have to agree with TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 that they suggest an older age range than middle school, but when I was a tween it wasn't unusual to see girls with similar (or larger) figures.

My only other complaint is that Applejack is wearing a skirt rather than pants - but that's a common country stereotype and I'm really not surprised to see it, lol.

Are there plans to produce any of the other characters - i.e., Luna or Celestia? Or are they just sticking with the main group for the moment?

Mimic on MLPTP

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 06, 2020, 08:00:04 AM »
I think these are meant to be interpretations of the ponies, not the EQG versions. (I could be wrong) They're meant to be adults as ponies, right?

like I said, Flutters' pose doesn't bother me since.. that's what boobs do if you stand with your arms like that XD But I see what you're getting at. It's probably not a pose I would've picked for this particular line.

Are there plans to produce any of the other characters - i.e., Luna or Celestia? Or are they just sticking with the main group for the moment?

AFAIK they're just doing the six atm, nothing's been said about other characters. I hope they make more later, though!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 06, 2020, 08:29:05 AM »
They aren't middle school aged. They also aren't EQG. They are the characters "reimagined".

At best I'm sure whatever outfit Twilight Sparkle is wearing gives a hint of age. Probably highschool? And even if she was highschool, that doesn't mean they all are? I don't even think her chest size even seems that big. Maybe I'm desensitized to ecchi anime stuff..

These are still tempting. 😥

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #104 on: February 06, 2020, 09:51:47 AM »

Not yet... though the way they ended the blog post for Rainbow Dash is making me hope they will be adding on more to the line. So far though it's just been the Mane 6 announced. Maybe we'll find out in a couple days with WonFes (which is basically anime figure Toy Fair).

I think these are meant to be interpretations of the ponies, not the EQG versions. (I could be wrong) They're meant to be adults as ponies, right?
They aren't middle school aged. They also aren't EQG. They are the characters "reimagined".

Yeah, while the outfits are definitely Equestria Girls inspired, I don't think they're supposed to be actually be the Equestria Girls characters themselves (otherwise they'd have the colorful pony fur skintones rather than normal human ones). They're more so meant to be human interpretations of the ponies themselves, who are portrayed in FiM as being young adults (I personally see all the Mane 6 as being in their early 20's).

These are still tempting. 😥

I highly recommend them! While Kotobukiya aren't the highest quality manufacturer out there, they're still pretty good quality (significantly higher qc than Hasbro's output the past however many years, which is expected given these are collectibles rather than children's toys) and Kotobukiya don't charge as crazy high prices for their scales compared to other figure manufacturers. When I first got into collecting scale figures as a result of this MLP line, I was like "man I'm going to be spending a hundred each on these", but now they're the cheapest scales I've bought so far, next to the one Pokemon scale I have which was also by Kotobukiya. At least we aren't having to pay Good Smile or Alter prices for these. :lol: While about $100 is expensive compared to other recent MLP toys and figures, it really is pretty cheap in the current anime scale figure climate. And at least with AmiAmi where I've been buying mine from, you don't pay when you preorder but instead pay when they get them in stock, which gives good time to save up for them.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 09:56:28 AM by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal