collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Show me... faded pink hair!  (Read 2313 times)

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • i love sprinkles
    • View Profile
Re: Show me... faded pink hair!
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2018, 01:49:08 PM »
you could redye it pink thats what i do
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2018, 02:01:59 PM »
Well, speaking of fading pink, is there a complete list of G1s, G2s and G3s with fading pink ?

I believe My Little Wiki might.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline ColdRuru

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2018, 02:16:56 PM »
Up up & Away is supposed to have pink hair... on her it's sad...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Love Melody as well, but I prefer her with the white!

My Twilight looks white, but in REAL she have still have pink hairs... maybe they aren't as bright as they used to be?

My first Flower Bouquet had white hairs, I've upgraded her since...

Also, my Minty is getting white... sad...

There's actually a LOT of ponies that suffer from those fading hair. One day I will have mine rehaired, I thinks.

Blog / Facebook Page

Offline RoseNoire

• Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2018, 03:13:09 PM »
Aw, poor UUaA, she looks old with that white mane. Well, now that I look at her, maybe it gives her some charm. =)

Hey ! I also have another question, if I want to rehair a pony and get the exact match sold online.... Does this match fades too ?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 03:15:16 PM by RoseNoire »
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2018, 04:39:57 PM »
I didn't know g3s had fading pink hair! Glad my Desert Rose lives in a box.  Should I worry about my G2 Skyskimmer's hair?

EDIT: here are mine!

TAF Love Monday has mostly faded mane, the top of the tail is beautiful but the rest is half faded.
Baby Tiddlywinks is almost completely faded. She wasn't when I got her but I had her on display until recently, when I learned about fading pink hair.

TAF Yumyum came to me with completely faded hair and I didn't know it was faded until a year or two later. I think she's gorgeous.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 10:34:40 PM by Khoufu »
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2018, 06:30:15 AM »
Aw, poor UUaA, she looks old with that white mane. Well, now that I look at her, maybe it gives her some charm. =)

Hey ! I also have another question, if I want to rehair a pony and get the exact match sold online.... Does this match fades too ?

Yes, if you get the actually matching hair (it's Pussycat on Dollyhair) it will also fade just as quickly. A few years ago someone did an experiment putting a brand new hank of the hair in direct sunlight and it faded ridiculously quickly.

G2 Skyskimmer does not have it, so she's a bit safer from fading. :)

That breaking pink hair is more of a Heart Throb colour (but HT does not have the breaking hair) that was used on a few G3, mostly discount ponies. Green Apple, Tea Lily, and Jazz Matazz are the only ones I can think of. I'm wondering if JM and TL had multiple releases though and only one release had that hair?  My two, who were the Avon release, had their pink hair break, but I've got two other JMs in my sales box who show no signs of breaking pink hair. No way of knowing which release they were, though.

Elf

Offline RoseNoire

• Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2018, 06:34:42 AM »
Elfpony : Aww, that's really sad. How is that even possible at a chemical level ? Oo Does pussycat have the same composition as the 80's fading pink ? :o There should be another way to get the same hue with another composition, isn't it ?
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2018, 01:11:13 PM »
Elfpony : Aww, that's really sad. How is that even possible at a chemical level ? Oo Does pussycat have the same composition as the 80's fading pink ? :o There should be another way to get the same hue with another composition, isn't it ?
Well, I know nothing of the chemicals involved, but I know that hair does fade quickly.  However, there are several shades of pink available, and it's certainly possible to find other shades that look nice on various ponies if you're planning to rehair.

Here's a picture I used to use when I did presentations at conventions on typical problems found in vintage toys (and how to avoid them).  A few of the fading pink ponies in my herd.

Elf

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2018, 01:20:45 PM »
I don't mind either way on many ponies.  I also prefer Love Melody with white hair, also her lilac has faded (yellowed) to grey and I think she looks lovely.  My Glow also has white hair.  I think I have one Baby Cotton Candy with pink hair and one with white.  I think I forgot that Tiddley Winks ever had pink hair  :blush:. I like Posey with pink hair but she can look good with white as well. My Wind Whistler has white hair but I got a second with pink hair too. My Yum Yum has pink hair and so does my Twilight and a few others as well but it's a shame that I have to keep them carefully packed away all the time!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline KottonKandy

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2018, 04:24:18 PM »
Oh gosh, it looks like I'm the only one who prefers Up Up and Away with white hair. To me, the pink it's supposed to be looks really awkward against her purply pink body. It's really jarring and unpleasant to look at for me.
In general, I don't mind the fading. Like others have said, some of the ponies look better with the white! There's very few that I just simply must have the original pink on. Yum Yum and Flower Bouquet are two that I'll definitely get with pink hair. Other than those, I'd almost rather have ones already faded. I wouldn't have to worry so much about them like I do with the ones I currently own. I'm always paranoid about displaying them because I don't want to be the reason they've faded.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2018, 07:52:56 PM »
Well, I know nothing of the chemicals involved, but I know that hair does fade quickly.  However, there are several shades of pink available, and it's certainly possible to find other shades that look nice on various ponies if you're planning to rehair.

Here's a picture I used to use when I did presentations at conventions on typical problems found in vintage toys (and how to avoid them).  A few of the fading pink ponies in my herd.

Elf

MMMMM that Romper's(? or is the blue one Squeezer?) HAAAAAIR!   The pink is so so sooo beautiful when it's brand new like that!

Sidenote, one of my eBay pet peeves is sellers who are selling a pony whose hair is the SLIGHTEST shade away from white and they are bragging about how her hair is "still pink", lol.

Anyway, here are some pictures of fading hair.

^ A Pinkie Pie whose hair I deliberately faded for a custom.  Can you guess her custom name?  ^_~

^ Baby Flower Flash.  You may recall that she originally came with a purple tail . . . I replaced it with a tail from a G3 Minty I was customizing.

^ G2 Tipsy Tulip
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2018, 01:18:29 AM »
I am hoping that you are wanting to see ponies with hair that is already faded? Not those who have hair that can fade, but by some miraculous miracle actually hasn't  :)

I received all these ponies just as they are; none of them are childhood ponies:

Baby Cotton Candy

Coco Berry

Lickety Split - it is still light pink, but has faded so here she is

Italian Posey - Isn't it strange how her mane often fades more than her tail? Must be how the ponies are displayed / stored on shelves.

Sun Spot

So Soft Wind Whistler. Please excuse her appearance; I had just received her and haven't actually taken another photo of the poor girl

Also completely faded is HK Posey with the dark tulips. But it turns out that I have no photo of her on my laptop...

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2018, 05:14:33 AM »

Found this darling in a charity shop with terribly dry and matted hair and a filthy body. I did my best for her and love her as she is with her lovely white hair!  :)

Edit: I have since got rid of her tail rust too, so she's a very happy pony!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 05:16:10 AM by applejackbunny »
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2018, 08:59:47 AM »

Elf

Oh wow! Your Happy Tails pony has gorgeous pink hair! :drunk: So in love with your Tornado too!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline KottonKandy

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2018, 04:31:55 PM »

Found this darling in a charity shop with terribly dry and matted hair and a filthy body. I did my best for her and love her as she is with her lovely white hair!  :)

Edit: I have since got rid of her tail rust too, so she's a very happy pony!
How cool is it that her flowers are faded too? She looks like she was intentionally made that way! She's beautiful either way. One of my faves for sure.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal