collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Warning! I smell something fishy!  (Read 2619 times)

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
Warning! I smell something fishy!
« on: February 17, 2018, 05:31:02 AM »
I was bidding on a G1 lot last night and I was outbid on it. There weren't too many bidders and all the pictures were taken from above so you can't see the flaws. Anyway, I was surprised to see it relisted today when someone had outbid me last night on it. The ended auction # is 112806845242. I don't know what the case is, but it just seems a little fishy to me that it would have been relisted like that. Maybe I'm just paranoid.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 05:10:00 PM by Loa »

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Warning! I smell somthing fishy!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 07:46:38 AM »
Hmmmm thank you for the heads-up... I hope nothing is nefarious but then again...
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 02:06:40 PM »
What concerns me is it looks like it was relisted right after it ended. That means the buyer wasn't given a chance to pay or have a case filed. It made me wonder if perhaps the seller was using a second account to try to bid up their own auction....

Offline Stiletto

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 07:38:33 PM »
Too bad it's not the good old days when you could see who won the auction!  On a light hearted note ... I looked at the auction and I laughed at the description, "Hopefull they will clean up nicely and give you years of pleasure". :frolic:  :haha: :lmao:
In fact, I was drinking my wine and almost spit it out on the keyboard!  It just struck me as a very strange way to describe ponies.

On a more mature note, you should try messaging the seller and inquire about the lot, especially if you were the 2nd highest bidder. 

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 10:30:56 PM »
Mmm...don’t you love the smell of fishy goings on? There’s something amiss here, very fishy...and no, it’s not the fish tank. I’d go with what stiletto said. Talk to the seller. As second highest bidder, you could have been notified of winning if the first bidder didn’t want anymore. And I’m speaking hypothetically here. That first bidder mightn’t exist for all we know.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 02:07:30 AM »
Hmmm, there are 2 things that might logically answer the question. Firstly the winning bidder has very little feedback; perhaps the seller does not sell to people who have feedback below a certain amount? Though they do not mention that in the listing it is a possibility. Secondly, it is also possible that the winning bidder is located somewhere other than where the seller is willing to ship to. I have seen lots relisted for that reason before.

Or it could be just as you say. Let us know what you decide to do and how it turns out  :)

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 04:46:45 AM »
I'm not sure whether the seller will answer me if I ask why it was relisted, but it's worth a shot. At the same time, I'm going to ask if they will send more pictures, since the pictures from above just aren't doing it for me.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2018, 08:56:58 AM »
I can totally understand why you would feel something fishy is going on. I think it is always best to keep our guard up with these auctions.  You never know, but I probably would have walked away from that auction if that happened unless the seller had a lot of feedback for pony sales and it was all  positive.  There are times when a buyer will say they don't want a lot after all.  I also agree with the low feedback bidder consideration as well.  Usually can you can't the bidder's name but you can rule this out by looking at the bidders list and see if they had 0 feedback.  Now once, I was selling a doll house and I had to change the shipping because, it was way off.  So, I had to end the auction and start over.  I just stated that in the auction and it sold just fine.  If they have nothing to hide they should be a good communicator and be willing to send better photos.  There could be a perfectly logical explanation for what happened.  It does indeed seem curious.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 08:59:39 AM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2018, 12:53:30 PM »
Well, the seller said the buyer who originally won is from Canada and the shipping cost was too much for them and wanted to cancel which is why they relisted it so quickly. And they were willing to post more photos to the auction, so that's good news for any other potential buyers, including me.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: Warning! I smell something fishy!
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2018, 04:28:33 AM »
That's good news - I mean about them writing back to you with a decent explanation and saying they'll add more pics :bigups:  Otherwise I would have thought maybe there was something amiss too. Witht hat kind of situation I would have offered the lot to the second highest bidder if it was me selling... but then again I guess some people forget that option?....
Let us know how it goes if you decide to bid again. Hopefully the seller is genuine and you'll win this time :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2018, 05:00:10 AM »
That's good news - I mean about them writing back to you with a decent explanation and saying they'll add more pics :bigups:  Otherwise I would have thought maybe there was something amiss too. Witht hat kind of situation I would have offered the lot to the second highest bidder if it was me selling... but then again I guess some people forget that option?....
Let us know how it goes if you decide to bid again. Hopefully the seller is genuine and you'll win this time :hug:

Even though my husband doesn't want me to have more ponies, he was also like why didn't she offer it to you as the second highest bidder? But I'm glad I was able to get more photos and if the lot isn't going crazy high on the last day, I will put in another bid.

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2018, 02:31:37 PM »
Maybe the seller figured that since the first buyer didn't want it, maybe they'd try again and see if they receive another bid equal to or greater than the one of the previous winner.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2018, 02:37:59 PM »
Maybe the seller figured that since the first buyer didn't want it, maybe they'd try again and see if they receive another bid equal to or greater than the one of the previous winner.

Since my bid was only $1 lower, she'd be taking a chance. Not to mention she has eBay fees to make up for relisting the lot.

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2018, 07:23:50 PM »

Since my bid was only $1 lower, she'd be taking a chance. Not to mention she has eBay fees to make up for relisting the lot.

I didn't think of the part about the fees; good point. I don't know then. If it was only $1.00 difference, then yeah I'd think they'd have notified you.

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2018, 12:28:44 AM »
So I see that "your" lot has been relisted for the second time... I wonder whether the seller is having bad luck with buyers or there really is something fishy going on as you suspected.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal