collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Unicorn Trend  (Read 3814 times)

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
The Unicorn Trend
« on: February 16, 2018, 12:37:34 AM »
Because unicorns are trendy now, and MLP has helped popularizing the "colorful fantasy horse" image, I assume many Arena users are as happy with this as I am  :biggrin: I always wanted unicorn stuff as a child, but there was little to none that wasn't MLP (and by then I tried to avoid the brand as much as possible :eyeroll: )

Here's the topic to post all your other colorful horsies, in any shape and color: magnets, mugs, clothing, accesories, stationery.... and if you want to sneak in a fakie or two, I won't bat an eye. This is the place for everything unicorn, but we're open to pegasi and Earth horses too  ;)

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
Re: The Unicorn Trend
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 06:01:30 AM »
Tehe Im with you on this! Well... sometimes it annoys me that unicorns are literally EVERYWHERE now but on the other hand : never ever was I able to have so many things with unicorn decor <3

I had my 36th birthday last saturday and my in-laws surprised me with a unicorn overload :D

So, theres a plush (from my husband, I love him, its NICI´s Rainbow Flair unipeg, he´s sooooo soft und cuddly <3) and from my in-laws I got PJs (the pants are printed all over with unicorns, the shirt shows one rainbow unicorn and lots of stars, its made of fleece), a bigger pillow and a small super soft fleece pillow
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

here is a close up of the pillows, do you spot the MLP? lol

Its FIZZY :D <3 what a coincidence!

and my birthday cake <3 unicorn too! YAY

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 09:30:36 AM »
Huh? Unicorns have always been the most popular mythological horse. As a kid I had Whisper the Winged Unicorn books, The Last Unicorn, MLPs, Lisa Frank stuff, this big unicorn plush my folks won me at Sea World that I always sniffed because she still smelled like a salty sea breeze.

Right now, I have The Last Unicorn, MLP, a Lisa Frank coloring book, a beautiful glass lamp, and several unicorns figurines.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 09:38:27 AM »
I love it! I feel like they were in when we were little and then they just went away and you couldn't find much with them on clothing or anything. Now they're all over clothing again and all over shops. I was just thinking the other day how in it is again. They even had two unicorn styled Vans for little girls. Like what lol.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 09:59:28 AM »
Our wedding theme (5 years ago) was Unicorns -  of course I've always loved unicorns and fortunately my wife has a keen appreciation of the ridiculous :D

I made this huge paper mache unicorn prop

During the afterparty we had a room for the kids to play in that featured MLP heavily (coloring books and all my unicorn MLPs)

The kids that attended our party said that it was the best wedding they had ever attended-  and a few of the girls became unicorn obsessed thereafter :D

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 10:02:11 AM »
Our wedding theme (5 years ago) was Unicorns -  of course I've always loved unicorns and fortunately my wife has a keen appreciation of the ridiculous :D

I made this huge paper mache unicorn prop

During the afterparty we had a room for the kids to play in that featured MLP heavily (coloring books and all my unicorn MLPs)

The kids that attended our party said that it was the best wedding they had ever attended-  and a few of the girls became unicorn obsessed thereafter :D

Great googly moogly! It musta taken you forever to make that!  :shocked: Very cool.

Offline Dreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2018, 10:31:52 AM »
Huh? Unicorns have always been the most popular mythological horse. As a kid I had Whisper the Winged Unicorn books, The Last Unicorn, MLPs, Lisa Frank stuff, this big unicorn plush my folks won me at Sea World that I always sniffed because she still smelled like a salty sea breeze.

Right now, I have The Last Unicorn, MLP, a Lisa Frank coloring book, a beautiful glass lamp, and several unicorns figurines.

But LaW, I was born in the late 90s! And avoided MLP like the plague, lol.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2018, 10:34:25 AM »

Eh, there was still Lisa Frank...and a lot of flying cosmic whales as I recall.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2018, 10:53:42 AM »

Eh, there was still Lisa Frank...and a lot of flying cosmic whales as I recall.

I am avidly waiting for the day when flying cosmic whales come back in a big way. :D
As for unicorns, I'm really glad of the trend but haven't picked up much from it as yet, aside from a bracelet and a tarot deck that features a lot of rainbow-haired unicorns. I also have some old Hambly and Sandylion stickers thereof on my art folders. Really should get photos of them sometime. :P

Offline Dreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2018, 10:58:10 AM »
I have never seen a single Lisa Frank thing here in my country. In my students exchange I had the chance and took it. Now I'm the proud owner of over 1000 stickers that get lost everywhere, lol.

Child me would have been so disappointed. But then, I think I'm happier now, without a care for what I should like  :P

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2018, 11:20:36 AM »
I have never seen a single Lisa Frank thing here in my country. In my students exchange I had the chance and took it. Now I'm the proud owner of over 1000 stickers that get lost everywhere, lol.

Child me would have been so disappointed. But then, I think I'm happier now, without a care for what I should like  :P

Sorry Dreamer. I didn't realize Lisa Frank wasn't sold in your country. ^^;

Being happy is a good thing.

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2018, 11:24:42 AM »
I had no idea unicorns are trendy! I guess I'll have to do some shopping :lookround:

The only non-MLP unicorns I have are these plush ones I've had since kindergarten. Well, I got the little one when I was in kindergarten, but I've had the big one for longer than I can remember. The cool thing about them is they both have cloven hooves and lion tails - perfect for us Last Unicorn fans who are too snobby for simple horned horses :poke:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2018, 11:25:36 AM »
I had no idea unicorns are trendy! I guess I'll have to do some shopping :lookround:

The only non-MLP unicorns I have are these plush ones I've had since kindergarten. Well, I got the little one when I was in kindergarten, but I've had the big one for longer than I can remember. The cool thing about them is they both have cloven hooves and lion tails - perfect for us Last Unicorn fans who are too snobby for simple horned horses :poke:

What pretty colors Luxray.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2018, 01:15:05 PM »
Hot Topic is presently sporting a decent number of Lisa Frank apparel items-

I got the black shirt- it is surprisingly nice quality!
https://www.hottopic.com/product/lisa-frank-tie-dye-girls-hoodie/11059956.html#q=lisa%2Bfrank&start=1

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2018, 03:59:30 PM »
I have always loved unicorn stuff.  I actually have noticed that there is a surge in merchandise made of unicorns lately.  We go through this about every other decade I guess.  I have Unicorn Salt and Pepper Shakers and even Unicorn ear thingy's for my phone.  I don't remember the term for those.  Mind is just blank. I hate that when it happens.  Pegasus is my ultimate favorite though.  I wish more Peagi stuff was around too. 

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal