collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Seeking help from G2 experts...(checking G2 id) PIC HEAVY  (Read 440 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Seeking help from G2 experts...(checking G2 id) PIC HEAVY
« on: February 09, 2018, 10:15:19 AM »
So my Dad got down the boxes of my G2 ponies from the attic while I was in London and yeah. They all really need hair sorting out and grooming. I think I know who most of them are with reference made to Moonbreeze's site as well, but I hoped to clarify just to make sure I know what I actually have (especially with versions of ponies). I also seem to have lost a couple somewhere, but they may be in with my sister's ponies.

Please excuse my unboxing mess ><
I have made guesses at names/releases, please correct me if I am wrong O.O.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Princess (?) Trixibelle, Princess Twinkle Star (no idea where her wings are), Silverswirl (think this is the original with her comb), I think this is Princess Morning Glory and Prince Clever Clover..? Another Silverswirl but without a horn...I am unsure if she is the one who is meant to have wings? I have lost all my wings at the moment :/  Three different Ivys. I admit, there are so many Ivys I kind of gave up before I even began. But one of them is from the pair set with Sweet Berry with the leaf over her symbol. I can't find Sweetberry though :/ I think the one with the ruff might be Princess Ivy?

Two Moonshadows. One is the magic motion one. Lady Cupcake? Another Ivy with really long hair. Sea Breeze the mail order pony with her comb, and Dainty Dove (her chapel is in storage still, somewhere, if I didn't sell it)

Sugar Belle (Secret surprise..?), Jazzy (no idea where she came from O.o) Rocky, Wing Song, Tipsy Tulip? Satin Splash...?

A Sky skimmer of some sort, Petal Blossom (not sure which), a Sundance, a very overdressed Morning Glory, Lady Satin Slipper? Merry Moments

Dizzy Lizzy, Queen Sunsparkle (Sundance), and a very poseable Lightheart, a Sunsparkle/Sundance and a Cupcake with a cupcake O.o

My original three :D Berry Bright, Clever Clover and Sky Skimmer (original set). Berry Bright is definitely still the prettiest G2 ever.

Twins Jewel and Sparkle, Giggles and Wiggles, baby Tickle (her mother has vanished O.o)

...Accessories. I know that some of the crowns belong to the above, I am a bit unsure about the kite? I know the dragon is Silverswirl's.

I've tried to ID them as best I can but would appreciate corrections or any other information.

I still have absolutely no idea where Jazzy came from. I got Rocky from a carboot sale, but nope, don't remember Jazzy O.o.

Any help appreciated. Cookies are available O.O.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking help from G2 experts...(checking G2 id) PIC HEAVY
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 07:27:33 PM »
The flower bunch belongs in the purse and they go with Sugarbelle.  :)

Offline Crystal-Sushi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Consistently broke :0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 10:10:51 PM »
Wow, so many G2s, I'm jealous! :P
Long-haired Ivy came with The Pretty Parlour and poseable Light Heart came with The Canopy Bed.
Hornless Silver Swirl is actually Magic Star Swirl and she came with a buttload of accessories (http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Magic_Star_Swirl^.^
I finally found my grail! :heart:

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 12:47:08 AM »
You do good on ID-ing the ponies
Here are my 2 cents for the accessories.
- The kite belongs to this large playset with sunsparkle
- Fluffy cape is from the glittery Queen Sunsparkle
- roof, well, rose stick and the rainbow are from Dizzy Lizzy
- crown and star thing are from the baby ponies
- grapes from Berry Bright
- the large crown is from the Moonshadow with the wand

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 02:06:55 AM »
Thank you all! Especially with the accessory details!

Magic Starswirl...you know, I looked at the wiki page. I don't remember any of those accessories so goodness knows how I got her. Maybe she and Jazzy came together somehow...perhaps from a carboot sale or charity shop years ago and I've forgotten about it? I don't think I ever had any of her stuff but I'm really grateful to know who she's meant to be!

I thought the berries might be Berry Bright's but I wasn't sure. And yeah, now you say it, the purse and flowers with Sugarbelle make sense. I still don't know what's happened to Sweetberry or mama Lightheart. Hopefully they're in with my sister's ponies otherwise they've vanished :'( :'( poor motherless baby Tickle will have to snuggle up to the poseable Lightheart for now.

I do have the Parlour and the bed now you guys mention it. They're in the attic in boxes still but that makes sense.

I know I had some G2 MIP that I sold and I thought that Morning Glory and Clever Clover royals were one of those sets but actually looking on the Lavender Lagoon I think it was actually the later couple sets I had and sold. I also thought I had Copper, Golden and Silver Glow but sold them about ten years ago, but I recently found photos of attic stuff and G3 stuff from 2 years ago which clearly shows Copper Glow and Golden Glow are still here. So now my next job is to try and hunt for them and for Silver Glow as well, in case I still have her too O.o.

I know we bought them when they first came out here and we got some from France when on holiday in 2000 and 2001 but I was pretty sure that I didn't have anything from new from after that, so I guess Magic Starswirl must have been second hand.

Now to find the pictures of my sister's G2 ponies to see if my Sweetberry and Lightheart are in with her ponies...

Thanks again and <3 for showing my G2s some love. I am going to brush them all and make them all look pretty before getting them something proper to be stored in other than a cardboard box.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 02:09:16 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 03:10:49 AM »
My method for IDing G2s is to go on strawberryreef.com to ID the ponies by color, then go to the wiki to see what accs they came with.

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2018, 03:18:36 AM »
I sadly don't have the time to double check to see what's been ID'ed and what hasn't.  At this very moment I'm in the middle of a massive collection reorganization, and my house is a pastel colored nightmare:p 

Anyway, I am very serious G2 collector, and if you've still got any accessories that need to be ID'ed(or find any more), feel free to email me.  Numbering the accessories in the pictures so I can blow through them will get a quicker response(I'm short on time these days).  I can ID most accessories on sight, and the ones I'm not 100% sure on, I should be able to find quickly.

If you want to ID G2s and their accessories on your own, go to this site:
http://gen2.aien-hime.com/

It's better than the wiki.  It's also small enough that you can browse through the entire thing in under an hour, so you'll eventually hit what you're looking for.  It was built as the G2s were coming out, and it's been *the* G2 reference as long as there have been G2s.  I have always found the wiki to be less than ideal for IDing accessories in general since you kind of have to know what you're looking for already.   It's better for confirming what you already know.  I prefer to go to sites that specialize in the information I'm looking for whenever I can.  The G2 book by Summer is also a good reference(I contributed to that one:p). 

« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 03:30:49 AM by goddessofpeep »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2018, 03:35:29 AM »
THanks guys :)
I've been using Moonbreeze's lavender lagoon, I like that site but it's good to know other places. I generally don't like Strawberry Reef because of it's G1 inaccuracies, so I tend not to think of looking there for anything other than G3 stuff.

I think I have more or less got them all nailed now. I did manage to pull Copper Glow and Silver Glow out of my cupboard so I didn't sell them, which is nice. They're still MOC though so no accessory nightmares. I wish I knew where Twinkle Star's wings were, but I do have Sweetberry to go with Ivy. I only noticed that when I got to grooming them this morning - the Sweetberries seem to have evaded being photographed. So it is just mother Lightheart that I am missing. My sister has most of the other half of the sets I have here (ie twins, ladies, princesses, etc) so it's probable that mother Lightheart got in with her ponies, and I think one of the royal twin sets might actually be hers...

This thread has been super helpful though and I'm grateful. I really just want to be able to groom and photo them and put them into my database so they can then be properly stored. One day, a pony room will give them their own space - but that isn't right now, so they will have to go back into the attic :(

It's nice having them down again though :D It's weird thinking that even Berry Bright and company are now over 20 years old O.O. She was my first. She's still my favourite, barring all gimmicks.

Edit to add: I just found another small baggie in which is most of the accessories for Flash, but no Flash. I *hope* these are my sister's because otherwise Flash has vanished and left her accessories behind O.o. My next job is to find the images of my sister's collection before they went into storage and figure out who she has and whether she has mother Lightheart.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 04:20:31 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal