collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Show me PashaPasha please!  (Read 1079 times)

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
Show me PashaPasha please!
« on: February 08, 2018, 04:43:22 PM »
Ok is it still ok to do this? I am in crisis mode because I just discovered this doll xD and I know I'll never own one, but if any of you do PLEASE please I beg you, please show me lmao!

Back story? I have been obsessed with the illustrator Chris Riddell since I was a preteen... The second I saw one of these dolls (literally 10 minutes ago) I got HUGE Riddell vibes from them... Iv looked on the webpage, the instagram, all over and they don't mention their inspiration behind the sculpt or anything. but whatever, no one can tell me they don't resemble each other. xD

So because I will probably never have a spare $900 laying around. I can only hope to enjoy this gorgeous doll from afar. If you have one, Please share pictures!

Iv talked about grails in the past but not until now have I fully appreciated that term and This would be the holy grail to my toy/doll/things collection lol.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Show me PashaPasha please!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 07:14:59 AM »
I don't have one personally but was seriously considering it for some time. I ultimately passed because 23-24" is just too tall for me. I see they're being released as 17" soon, but I've talked myself out of it and have too many other doll obligations at the moment. I know she's very good about layaway and that you can take many, many months to pay entirely so I would suggest sending an email to see how she might accommodate you. She's incredibly nice.

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 09:02:32 AM »
Yeah I saw the layaway option. x.x I just would never be able to justify spending that kinda money on a doll I guess. Even if it was like the most perfectly detailed doll ever xD

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 11:43:32 AM »
Their style reminds me of the Popovy Sisters
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 12:35:48 PM »
Yeah I saw the layaway option. x.x I just would never be able to justify spending that kinda money on a doll I guess. Even if it was like the most perfectly detailed doll ever xD

Unfortunately that's the going rate for high-end poseable 1/4 scale art dolls. They do re-sell well though, so if you weren't 100% happy you could easily resell.

Offline NsMLPonies

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • NsDollyCouture
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 08:05:50 AM »
It's showing that they are $2000 - $5000 dollars! Now that's a ton for a doll! :shocked:
COMMISSIONS PERMANENTLY CLOSED

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 05:31:48 PM »

Oh wow! You're right! They look great

It's showing that they are $2000 - $5000 dollars! Now that's a ton for a doll! :shocked:

Yeah xD I mean I guess I could just stash a little bit here and there, but honestly if I ever got to the point where I actually had enough money to buy one.. I would feel guilty, I could use that money on car or house repairs or something else lol. No shade to people who collect things like that! I love looking at other peoples collections! ;;u;; it's just not something I can personally afford to  do anymore. lol

Offline NsMLPonies

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • NsDollyCouture
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 06:19:11 PM »

Oh wow! You're right! They look great

Yeah xD I mean I guess I could just stash a little bit here and there, but honestly if I ever got to the point where I actually had enough money to buy one.. I would feel guilty, I could use that money on car or house repairs or something else lol. No shade to people who collect things like that! I love looking at other peoples collections! ;;u;; it's just not something I can personally afford to  do anymore. lol

I understand where you are coming from! I'd probably end up feeling bad that I spent $5000 on a doll, instead of giving the money to someone in need. I'm happy for those who can purchase such dolls though! and I too would love to see your collections!
COMMISSIONS PERMANENTLY CLOSED

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 01:24:42 PM »
I don't think there's every any reason to spend $5000 for a full set doll! It's much more affordable to buy a nude doll and then customize it. There are tons of wonderful people on etsy to hire for face-ups, clothing, eyes, shoes, wigs, etc. For a fancy 16" doll you should be able to re-create a particular look for a fraction of that cost.

I'm preparing my first Popovy order and they are soooo expensive. Just a pair of shoes is $100+ normally. But I've been wanting one for almost a year so I decided there's no time like the present...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal