collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: An Introduction  (Read 438 times)

Offline OleGrayMane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • A Third Act Pony
    • View Profile
An Introduction
« on: February 07, 2018, 05:37:46 PM »
I am primarily a collector of G4 figures and other ephemera, but of late started to expand my collection into earlier generations. Prior to MLP, I've never really collected anything in quite the same way, although I've quite a few Pocket Dragons acquired in the early-to-mid 90s.

The current pony collection consists of blind bags and the larger Funko figures, some Equestria Girls minis, plush figures of various sizes, a limited number of brushables and other miscellaneous figures, and random things that catch my fancy. Most of all, I love to bargain hunt and to fix things up.

G3s started appearing when a local second-hand store was selling well-loved ponies in bags; all kinds including fakes, completely disorganized. They came home because they were too sad to leave behind, and now I find I really like to clean them up and take the rat's nest manes and tails and make them look nice. We've got a restored Snuzzles (repro I rather sure), Minty, and a long hair Rainbow Flash. Her mane's pretty much where I want it, but her unbraided tail still requires attention. And while her CM is damaged, it looks like a manufacturing problem, I still love her.

Of the G4 figures, I try to limit myself to Rarity figures. I try... She's my favorite and it helps give the collection focus. While she's the focus, it doesn't mean I exclude anything, especially if it is on sale.

I've been to several Brony conventions, but I don't spend a lot on toys while there. Recently, I've started collecting autographs of the G4 staff. Someday I want to go to the Pony Fair, but it won't be this year.

I want to learn more about MLP history, the product lines, and the care and feeding of collections. Thanks for letting me stick my nose in.

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
Re: An Introduction
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 06:56:53 AM »
Welcome to the Arena! You have a great collection! You can tell if the Snuzzle is a repro or not by checking her hooves. If thy say "2007 Hasbro" she is a repro, but if she says she is marked from the 80s, she isn't, just in case you aren't sure :) Oh, and restoration is sooo fun!! Especially on G1s which have the most problems like smooze, age spots, mold, tail rust, frizzy hair, chewed parts, faded hair, yellowing, sun burning, etc :) Glad you joined, I look forward too seeing you around!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline pinle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 09:23:55 AM »
Aaah, new friends here! Welcome!

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 01:28:15 PM »
Welcome :D I love when people cross generations and get interested in different stuff. It's a pretty diverse community here so hopefully you'll find something that suits you.

I'm a G1 collector really but I recently realised I have about 50 G4s so I can't pretend any more that I don't have a 'collection'. Probably I have more Rarity than any other, she reminds me so much of a G1 I wanted as a child but it's also a really pretty colour scheme in general.

Bargain hunting is the best way to find any ponies, whatever generation. Wishing you luck with that :D

Pony history is long, convoluted and often doesn't make sense. Add in all the generations and it makes even less sense. But that's also part of the fun of it...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 05:48:31 PM »
Welcome to the arena! :)

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 09:20:52 PM »

Welcome to the Arena :party:

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 10:00:03 PM »
Hello my fellow cross generation friend! As  safflower said, all ponies are marked with the date they were made. Reproduced ponies would be dated the year they were made, rather than the year the originals were made.
   The arena is also a huge collective pony history hive, so ask a history question and thou shalt probably get an answer.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal