collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hi I'm new 😊 Just wanted to say hi and tell you why I'm here 😊  (Read 399 times)

Offline Forgetmenotfairy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
Thought I'd introduce myself and the reason I joined. Please bare with me as very new to this and no idea how these forums work... I will try my best 😊. Basically, I was a HUGE MLP fan when I was a child and collected them for some years. From the early to mid/late eighties, I loved and played with nothing but my ponies. I have recently discovered all my beloved ponies at my parents house as my 4 year old daughter is also obsessed with the new my little ponies.
I have a large collection of them, baby ponies, glitter, a couple of French variations and also lots of clothes, show stable, dream castle, lullaby nursery etc and to my amazement, I was obviously a very careful child as lots of them are in a lovely condition and I have all the items that go along with the play sets still.
I absolutely love watching my little girl play with my ponies and so happy she loves them as well 💕
I have discovered that some of them are quite rare so have put some aside as she is (let's say) slightly less careful with them than I was.
I would like to keep some of the rare ones aside for her for later but we are also looking forward to our 'familymoon' in the summer and (begrudgingly) have decided to sell one or two (maybe).
One pony that I have discovered to be quite in demand is Ice Crystal, my one and only mountain boy. I got him towards the end of my pony obsessed days and he is in amazing condition as not very played with. I also have the original brush and ribbon too. I made a wonderful discovery in a sealed bag of books and magazines that I also have his puffy sticker in original, undamaged condition. I was very excited when I saw one that recently sold on eBay as that kind of money could really help with our family adventure for the 4 of us. As he is my only mountain boy, I have (reluctantly) decided to let him go.  I am planning to list on eBay but really keen for him to go to a good home and a genuine collector (and also the sticker) so I thought this might be the best place to share my find first.
I can't bare to part with any of the others just yet but might consider selling some of the accessories if anyone is missing them.
I hope this is allowed on this site and also wondered if I can post the eBay link once I add to my eBay?
Very nice to meet you all... this could be a dangerous place for me to be as I've also seen some ponies I'm missing and always wanted, so may just have to try and add to my collection too 😂.
Thanks for reading, please let me know if you are interested in my lovely mountain boy. Thank you x

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
Re:Hi I'm new 😊 Just wanted to say hi and tell you why I'm here 😊
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 04:07:11 PM »
Welcome to the Arena! If you want you can sell Ice Crystal on the arena. You can post your eBay in the For Sale forum to advertise the auction :) And yes, your collection will grow because you have joined! Glad to see you, I look forward to seeing you around!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline creampuffpony

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Hi I'm new 😊 Just wanted to say hi and tell you why I'm here 😊
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 05:12:32 PM »
so lovely to read your pony story! :heart: i know your ice crystal will find a wonderful home from a collector here! <3  :frolic:

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 07:57:40 PM »
Welcome to the Arena :newpony:

It is so wonderful for you to have rediscovered your collection and to be able to share it with your daughter.

You will definitely find a lot of interest here on the For Sale page on the forum and yes, if you wish to take the route of ebay you can post your auction link in the post.  I'm sure he'll find another loving home :)

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 09:09:05 PM »
Welcome to the arena! There isn’t much that I can say, as my fellow pony lovers have said all that can be said. There are a lot of Mom and daughter pairs on the arena, so I think you’ll have some similar friends soon. Ice crystal is quite the mountain boy, so he won’t last long in the sales area. But I advise you read the sales rules before posting anything. Might be helpful in not doing something crazy illegal.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 07:43:37 AM »
Welcome to the arena! :)

Offline Forgetmenotfairy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 03:00:09 PM »
Hi again everyone and thank you all for your replies. I don't get much of a chance to get online as I have two little ones so after bed time is my only real chance. Nice to meet you all and my pony obsession is rapidly returning after looking at all these forums 💕.
I have managed to list my puffy sticker on eBay this evening (haven't quite found the time for Ice Crystal yet but hopefully in the next couple of days).
I'm unsure how to post the link in the eBay section but I will give it a go now.
It's on there though, if anyone would like to take a look in a search.
Once again, thank you for your replies and hope to be back very often now that I've found you.
By the way, I forgot to mention in my previous post... my favourite ponies!
My all time fav as a child was always Lickety Split and also had a big soft spot for all my baby ponies 💕 I've loved rediscovering them all though 🌈
Bye for now 😊 x 

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2018, 01:18:38 PM »
Welcome to the site and good luck with your sales! Very envious that you had the sticker still - my mountain boy stickers all got lost when we moved house and I've never managed to replace them.

Ice Crystal is really popular and not very widely sold (UK, scandinavia mostly) so I am sure you'll do well if you decide to let him go. He's probably the most popular Mountain Boy among collectors for some reason. I expect the sticker to do well also - I have seen them sell for quite a lot of money, so it's possible you might do better with the sticker than the pony, even. Weirdly. These stickers are very hard to come by, especially in good condition :)

It's lovely to know your daughter is getting enjoyment out of MLP now like you did when you were a kid :D

Hope you find the Arena a fun place :)

Also, if you have any old MLP backcards in your storage you're looking to sell, let me know ;) If you did have some it might be another way to raise funds for your trip without having to part with too many ponies?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 01:24:25 PM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal