collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Interesting Rescue at Midnight Castle summary from the View Master Reels  (Read 516 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+88)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Interesting Rescue at Midnight Castle summary from the View Master Reels
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2018, 05:48:53 PM »
When the dragons attack the first time Twilight (I think) says, "It's the Striadons!"  At least that's what it sounds like to me.  I guess the people doing the reels heard it as "spiadon", ha ha.

Where does the term stratadon originate? 
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2018, 09:51:39 PM »
No idea if there's an official spelling for their name (I mean, obviously there is, but you know what I mean - I don't think it's on any VHS boxes or anything like "Tirac" is). It sounds like they say "Stratadon" to me so that's what I've always gone with. :shrug:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2018, 04:29:36 AM »
To make things even more confusing, here's the text from the back of the Firefly's Adventure Firefly and VHS set.

Tearak, the evil master of Midnight Castle kidnaps My Little Ponies and turns them in to horrible creatures. Courageous Firefly and her friends must journey to the castle to save the others and stop Tearak from bringing on The Night That Never Ends Brave Beautiful Megan comes to Ponyland to help the ponies and the magical Moochick gives them a locket filled with the Rainbow of Light to fight the power of Darkness. Will Firefly and her friends get there in time to save the ponies and stop Tearak's evil plan?

I always head it as Stratadons too.

Ponyfan

Thank you  Safflower for my avatar and Jennifer 2004 for my sig.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • G3 Prototype Pony
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2018, 05:36:11 PM »
To make things even more confusing, here's the text from the back of the Firefly's Adventure Firefly and VHS set.

Tearak, the evil master of Midnight Castle kidnaps My Little Ponies and turns them in to horrible creatures. Courageous Firefly and her friends must journey to the castle to save the others and stop Tearak from bringing on The Night That Never Ends Brave Beautiful Megan comes to Ponyland to help the ponies and the magical Moochick gives them a locket filled with the Rainbow of Light to fight the power of Darkness. Will Firefly and her friends get there in time to save the ponies and stop Tearak's evil plan?

I always head it as Stratadons too.

Ponyfan

Ooooh, thanks so much for posting this!! The original US and UK (the "MLP in Dreamland" one) tapes both spell it "Tirac" so I've been wondering what the "Firefly's Adventure" VHS says for ages now :D Another spelling, how unexpected (and interesting!).. I wonder where they got "Tearek" from.

Offline Ponyfan

• Spain Piggy Pony
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2018, 01:33:09 AM »
I’m wondering  if the writers of the View Master reels  summary and Firefly’s Adventure backcard are spelling Tirac’s name by spelling it how it sounds if they didn’t have anything with the official spelling  on it. Maybe that’s why we have 3 different spellings for his name.

I’m still curious why the View Master reels seem to put such an emphasis on Scorpan’s character indicating that  he rescued all  the captured ponies when he really only rescued Spike and Baby Ember.

Ponyfan

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Big Brother Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2018, 09:00:37 AM »
That's why you put character names next to the actor's names at the end!
:enraged: Please take my G3 combs and ponies! Sales post HERE

Offline Ponyfan

• Spain Piggy Pony
Here’s another theory , Maybe Hasbro didn’t have any of the original VHS  cases left with the correct spelling so even they weren’t sure how to spell Tirac by the time the Firefly’s Adventure set was released.

Ponyfan

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • G3 Prototype Pony
Here’s another theory , Maybe Hasbro didn’t have any of the original VHS  cases left with the correct spelling so even they weren’t sure how to spell Tirac by the time the Firefly’s Adventure set was released.

Ponyfan

Y'know, I really wouldn't be surprised if this was the case, knowing what Hasbro are like.