collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Interesting Rescue at Midnight Castle summary from the View Master Reels  (Read 3670 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Interesting Rescue at Midnight Castle summary from the View Master Reels
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2018, 09:48:53 AM »
When the dragons attack the first time Twilight (I think) says, "It's the Striadons!"  At least that's what it sounds like to me.  I guess the people doing the reels heard it as "spiadon", ha ha.

Where does the term stratadon originate? 
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2018, 01:51:39 PM »
No idea if there's an official spelling for their name (I mean, obviously there is, but you know what I mean - I don't think it's on any VHS boxes or anything like "Tirac" is). It sounds like they say "Stratadon" to me so that's what I've always gone with. :shrug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2018, 08:29:36 PM »
To make things even more confusing, here's the text from the back of the Firefly's Adventure Firefly and VHS set.

Tearak, the evil master of Midnight Castle kidnaps My Little Ponies and turns them in to horrible creatures. Courageous Firefly and her friends must journey to the castle to save the others and stop Tearak from bringing on The Night That Never Ends Brave Beautiful Megan comes to Ponyland to help the ponies and the magical Moochick gives them a locket filled with the Rainbow of Light to fight the power of Darkness. Will Firefly and her friends get there in time to save the ponies and stop Tearak's evil plan?

I always head it as Stratadons too.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2018, 09:36:11 AM »
To make things even more confusing, here's the text from the back of the Firefly's Adventure Firefly and VHS set.

Tearak, the evil master of Midnight Castle kidnaps My Little Ponies and turns them in to horrible creatures. Courageous Firefly and her friends must journey to the castle to save the others and stop Tearak from bringing on The Night That Never Ends Brave Beautiful Megan comes to Ponyland to help the ponies and the magical Moochick gives them a locket filled with the Rainbow of Light to fight the power of Darkness. Will Firefly and her friends get there in time to save the ponies and stop Tearak's evil plan?

I always head it as Stratadons too.

Ponyfan

Ooooh, thanks so much for posting this!! The original US and UK (the "MLP in Dreamland" one) tapes both spell it "Tirac" so I've been wondering what the "Firefly's Adventure" VHS says for ages now :D Another spelling, how unexpected (and interesting!).. I wonder where they got "Tearek" from.

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2018, 05:33:09 PM »
I’m wondering  if the writers of the View Master reels  summary and Firefly’s Adventure backcard are spelling Tirac’s name by spelling it how it sounds if they didn’t have anything with the official spelling  on it. Maybe that’s why we have 3 different spellings for his name.

I’m still curious why the View Master reels seem to put such an emphasis on Scorpan’s character indicating that  he rescued all  the captured ponies when he really only rescued Spike and Baby Ember.

Ponyfan

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2018, 01:00:37 AM »
That's why you put character names next to the actor's names at the end!
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2018, 06:25:56 PM »
Here’s another theory , Maybe Hasbro didn’t have any of the original VHS  cases left with the correct spelling so even they weren’t sure how to spell Tirac by the time the Firefly’s Adventure set was released.

Ponyfan

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2018, 07:06:06 AM »
Here’s another theory , Maybe Hasbro didn’t have any of the original VHS  cases left with the correct spelling so even they weren’t sure how to spell Tirac by the time the Firefly’s Adventure set was released.

Ponyfan

Y'know, I really wouldn't be surprised if this was the case, knowing what Hasbro are like.

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2018, 04:40:50 AM »
we know the official spelling is "Tirac"
When was this confirmed?  I've always been under the impression that there was confusion over his spelling with "Tirac" and "Tirek" being the most common spellings, but no one really agreeing on which was right (though I know that people said that the G4 version was misspelled, which confused me as I remembered there being confusion before).  When was Tirac stated to be official?

Also, if they were going by what they heard, wouldn't they go with "Tirac" as it actually looks closer to how his name is pronounced?  "Tirek" looks nothing like how we're supposed to pronounce it.

For the dragon creatures, I have seen people call the Stratadons more than anything, but I have seen things like "Striadons" as well - I think the first time it's said it sounds more like the latter ("It's the Striadons!") but the second time, straight after, it sounds more like the former to me ("Stratadons?!") so one of these could just be a weird pronunciation of the other, like the voice actress put to much emphasis on the wrong part of the word, but I don't know which one of the did that.

I actually remember, until I saw the two spellings, that the first one kind of sounded like "Stragons", like she was saying "the dragons" (or possible "those dragons"), but it came out wrong.  Either way, it definitely sounds like a "Str" sound, so "Spiadon" sounds completely wrong to me - maybe it was an early name for the species?
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2018, 07:56:34 AM »
we know the official spelling is "Tirac"
When was this confirmed?

original US VHS tape:

original (?) UK VHS tape (the "MLP in Dreamland" one):

(no idea where "Dreamland" came from, before anyone asks. I'd guess there was a miscommunication and somehow "they live in Dream Valley, which is in Ponyland" got distorted into "they live in Dreamland", but that's just a guess, who knows for sure..)

The show bible for MLP and Friends spells it "Tirac" as well; I'll try and hunt down that thread and edit in a link to it when I find it..

I was never sure where "Tirek" came from, too. I get why there's multiple spellings of his name out there, but "Tirek" just doesn't seem logical to me given how it's pronounced.. I was never sure where "Arabus" came from, either.

edit: Here's the old thread with Wildshadow's pics from the show bible :)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 08:01:15 AM by Carrehz »

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2018, 02:32:13 PM »
I always spelled it as Tirek before I realized that the official spelling was supposed to be Tirac.

I've noticed that when the Stratadons are first attacking and capture Moondancer and Cotton Candy that several lines are said very quickly. I think it's " Run, Oh no!" Help, oh Help" and either gasping or a whinny from either Cotton Candy or Moondancer as the Stratadons carry them off.

Ponyfan

Offline Wildshadow

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Favorites of all time? Surprise, Danny and Spike!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/kriticosium/
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2018, 10:32:50 PM »
I'll post pics later but on a paper I got with my second Escape from Catrina Press Kit, it's spelled "Stratadons". And OH MAN they word it like they are in a band XD

"Tirac and the Stratadons"! That would be a kick-A band =P Someone draw it! Scorpan as the manager, then Tirac gets greatly mad at him and takes over, not stopping until EVERYONE knows he will take prisoners and be absolute famous! .... Umm, I got carried away ^-^""

But yeah, pics soon!

Thanks Starscout for the sig and Shaiyeh thanks for the avatar  :heart: Ombyshadow

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2018, 07:46:10 AM »
I'll post pics later but on a paper I got with my second Escape from Catrina Press Kit, it's spelled "Stratadons". And OH MAN they word it like they are in a band XD

"Tirac and the Stratadons"! That would be a kick-A band =P Someone draw it! Scorpan as the manager, then Tirac gets greatly mad at him and takes over, not stopping until EVERYONE knows he will take prisoners and be absolute famous! .... Umm, I got carried away ^-^""

But yeah, pics soon!

aaaa thanks for the info, Wildshadow!! <33 I really appreciate all the cool production info you share with us ^^ And holy fishsticks that's an amazing mental image, omg XDD If I could draw them I would so draw that. Someone *needs* to draw it!!!

Offline Wildshadow

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Favorites of all time? Surprise, Danny and Spike!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/kriticosium/
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2018, 08:40:07 AM »
I have pics but I hope my Photobucket account still shows pics to others because I can still see them myself when I'm on here o.O Let me know if that's the case and I'll find out what everyone else is using now, been out of the loop of showing pictures on forums XD I'm just used to Instagram, Tumblr and FB lately...

Anyway! Hopefully pics show up in the spoilers =P

Spoiler

I like how it mentions 'children' and 'adults' nothing about it being strictly for 'girls' =D

aaaa thanks for the info, Wildshadow!! <33 I really appreciate all the cool production info you share with us ^^ And holy fishsticks that's an amazing mental image, omg XDD If I could draw them I would so draw that. Someone *needs* to draw it!!!

I'm glad you liked my silly idea! =D It could be a great silly story X D Like some part of the story from G4 where they are brothers... or it could be something in the EQG story line XD Too much potential! =P I'm on a roll...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 09:03:24 AM by Wildshadow »

Thanks Starscout for the sig and Shaiyeh thanks for the avatar  :heart: Ombyshadow

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2018, 10:52:15 AM »
Thanks WildShadow. I love production stuff like that. :) Its interesting that the page mentions the Rainbow of Light locket being silver but it’s a heart shape in the final special.

Going back to the band idea...

All prisoners of Midnight Castle will be required to attend the daily rock concert.  :lol:

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal