collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hiveswap Act 1 on Steam!  (Read 1048 times)

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
Hiveswap Act 1 on Steam!
« on: February 04, 2018, 09:25:41 PM »
I swear I have never bought a game so freaking fast as when I purchased Hiveswap on Steam yesterday. This game came out back in September, but I haven't been looking at the Steam store much lately so I only just discovered it. I have barely read the description for the game -- as soon as I saw the below screenshot I THREW MY MONEY EVERYWHERE.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

So, what do we see in this picture? Wuzzles, check. Ponies, check. Popples, check. Rainbow Brite, Puppy Surprise, and some other stuff I recognize but don't know much about? Check.

Okay, so I haven't played the game yet so it might be terrible, But the cameos in that screenshot alone tell me that this may have been the best $8 I've ever spent. Now I just need some time when I'm not doing homework...

Edit: I just zoomed in and noticed the Clarissa Explains it All poster. Plus, Easy Bake Oven, and those animal posters on the wall look like those folders and notebooks we all had in elementary school.

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Hiveswap Act 1 on Steam!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 12:49:28 AM »
There's Trolls, a Koosh Ball, Vu-Master, a Trapper Keeper, a Caboodle, POGs... do you think the animals are Zoo Books posters? :lol:

I have to check this out...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 04:55:01 AM »
I thought the bear was Teddy Ruxpin but with the raccoon beside it they may be a Care Bear and Care Bear Cousin. The yellow guy on the right end is a Snork:) Seeing lots of Lisa Frank stickers and I think that's a hackey sack on the desk.

Edit: how did I miss the Pogo ball??!! And the wizard in the crystal ball is Ask Zandar.
The guy in the bean bag is driving me nuts and what is that Jake from Adventure Time looking thing hiding between the bed and shelf??

Edit again:ooh ohh that's tiny toons on one of the trapper keepers!  ( Sorry, having way too much fun with this)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 05:18:14 AM by dragonlady »

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 02:43:34 PM »
Oh wow, you guys are spotting a ton of stuff I didn't even notice! I was sold as soon as I saw the popple and the Wuzzles, to be honest. I hope there are more easter eggs like these throughout the game and not just in the one room! I honestly can't wait to play this game, though I just read that it's related to "Homestuck" -- a really popular webcomic(?) that I have no experience with, but I think it'll be okay.

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 09:40:53 AM »
ooo this looks cool. Off to go buy that on steam now
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal