collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: HQG1C?  (Read 75265 times)

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
Re: HQG1C?
« Reply #255 on: May 18, 2018, 08:36:31 PM »
Are these guys' hair good to flatiron? I'm thinking about trying to separate Celebrate's tinsel from his hair long enough to flatiron it once or twice, since I've tried everything else and his hair just will not lay flat.

Someone did flat iron a celebration's hair in the facebook group a few months ago.  So it is probably ok to.

Post Merge: May 18, 2018, 08:38:21 PM

The fair ponies name is Fair Feathers ;)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 08:38:21 PM by Clipper »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 18, 2018, 09:01:13 PM »
Are these guys' hair good to flatiron? I'm thinking about trying to separate Celebrate's tinsel from his hair long enough to flatiron it once or twice, since I've tried everything else and his hair just will not lay flat.

Someone did flat iron a celebration's hair in the facebook group a few months ago.  So it is probably ok to.

Post Merge: May 18, 2018, 09:02:40 PM

I got my Fair pony today!  She's beautiful :D

link to video...

I

https://youtu.be/imHwwJa7Mb4

I saw that. I'm so in love with her. Huge congrats Sunset! :hug: :frolic:
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 09:02:56 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #257 on: May 18, 2018, 09:26:46 PM »
I've been aching to get these T_T The fair pony has the most amazing colors

Offline nessa16

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #258 on: May 19, 2018, 06:52:24 AM »
@.@ Ahhh she's so gorgeous!! :lovey:

This might sound weird or lame but I was wondering by chance if maybe anyone else would want to collectively think of a secondary name for her as well, maybe like an unofficial "Fan name" if that makes sense?
I've been thinking about that for a bit because I've been wanting to give mine a nickname like other pony names, other than just Fair Pony 2018. xD I personally think that might be kind of fun! :D
Or maybe if her creators had any pony names in mind for her? :D

I think they actually had a contest for this. Would need to check FB probably. I thought I saw the name Fair Feathers but not positive.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Matcha

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • pony deviantart!!
« Reply #259 on: May 22, 2018, 12:53:46 AM »
I got my first HQG1C in today, after 6 months of her sitting in my boyfriend's house in Florida O:
I fell in love with Puppy Love when I first saw her online, I had to have her! She has everything I want in a pony! But now that she's finally here I can't say I'm as happy with her as I  hoped I'd be... she has some glue in her hair and there a plug or two that's chopped for some reason (plus her eyes aren't stamped on perfectly but that I can forgive). She's still lovely but a little disappointed as she's the most expensive pony I've ever bought ;;

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #260 on: May 22, 2018, 10:32:58 AM »
Sorry you’re not happy with your puppy love. They are sold with minor imperfections (stated in every listing) as no toy is perfect. If they were absolutely perfect, we would have to charge 3x more then everyone is paying now.. Puppy Love was our second release.. The runs keep getting better and better as time goes by. For the hair you may want to try lightly tugging the hair to see if it’s caught inside her head making it not appear as long as the other strands. It should not be cut.  As for glue.. We don’t use glue on any of our ponies.. So I’m not sure why that would be there. Maybe try conditioning the hair as the hair was not pre washed before bagging.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 10:34:56 AM by Clipper »

Offline Matcha

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • pony deviantart!!
« Reply #261 on: May 22, 2018, 10:46:26 AM »
Upon closer inspection the issue with the "glue" seems to be a bunch of extremely frizzy hair that got knotted so tightly into the green parts of the mane that I thought it was glued >.<

I tried pulling out the short hair out and it ended up super frizzy too. Yikes! I think I'll try to use a hair straightener on it... thanks for the tips :)

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #262 on: May 22, 2018, 10:52:39 AM »
Try to light was with conditioner too. Do you have a comb /hair pick? I’m thinking it will help detangle that. Please Let me know the results . :)

Offline Matcha

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • pony deviantart!!
« Reply #263 on: May 22, 2018, 10:59:23 AM »
Try to light was with conditioner too. Do you have a comb /hair pick? I’m thinking it will help detangle that. Please Let me know the results . :)
Haha, this is actually after I've already conditioned her hair! The hair isn't really tangled any more, just those locks of hair that are just frizzy. I don't think I can really do much about it, I ended up just braiding her hair to hide it.

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #264 on: May 22, 2018, 11:02:31 AM »
We are trying to switch all to nylon to avoid that issue. The poly hair seems to frizz easier, but I know can be fixed.

Pepper Jack is our first with Nylon. He just arrived yesteday. Will be posting pics soon. I should do a video to compare their hair, but no clue how to upload it here.

Btw Matcha love your keyboard!

Post Merge: May 22, 2018, 11:46:15 AM

finally found my original post on the project. For some odd reason i cannot seem to edit it?

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384451.0.html

Is it locked because its old? I would like to either continue to edit it or create a new one to put updates for the project on it.

Pepper Jack is here in hand. I have taken a photo to show him next to other hqg1c ponies! He will start shipping to his new homes early next week!

« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 12:03:32 PM by Clipper »

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 22, 2018, 12:57:19 PM »
Dammit, Clipper, I was trying not to get any more of these! XP He's so cuuuute, aaa.

Took me a minute or two to realize that was a translucent hat on the fair pony XD it looks nice!

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #266 on: May 22, 2018, 01:52:52 PM »
Pepper Jack looks awesome. I had some misgivings about the quality of the hair too from photos I’ve seen but the nylon hair looks much better - I will definitely buy some with the nylon hair when some more are releases.

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 22, 2018, 02:58:22 PM »
Ah, poly vs nylon!! I was wondering if that might be the issue. I noticed some 'roughness' on the curls of my boys when I did a wash of Frost and Dasher; the curls were beautiful, bouncy and fluffy, but when you touched the ends of the curls they almost felt crunchy to the touch! I was afraid it might be a harbinger of frizz to come, years down the line. (You notice it sometimes in fakies, the hair feels "thick" before it becomes absolute frizzball after many years of brushing!) The hair for Genie felt so soft by comparison, it was worrying!

I took some new pictures of my HQG1C ponies, too! I hope you enjoy! Here's Frost, channeling his inner Fairy King!

I was also fortunate enough to be one of the people who got their MLP Fair exclusive early, so here she is sunning with her pal Kitty Love, and her pin-version of herself!

I'm still working on my two flutter pony customs, right now they're both soaking in vinegar and alcohol, alternatively, to try and speed-leech out the dye so I can start painting on them!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #268 on: May 22, 2018, 07:17:47 PM »

Fair Feathers!! Omg that is so adorable, I love it!! :lovey: Thanks for letting me know, everyone!!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 07:20:00 PM by Esbayne »

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #269 on: May 23, 2018, 01:12:57 PM »
Pepper Jack is now in stock in my shop, and ready to ship. International sources can be found in the for sale section on the arena.. Those will be posted hopefully in a week or two, when the  glitter dragons arrive :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal