collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: HQG1C?  (Read 75297 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: HQG1C?
« Reply #195 on: April 11, 2018, 07:41:16 AM »
Hi everyone! I just wanted to share some updates. Pepper Jack is coming along nicely... He is still not finished, but here is a progress photo. I hope you all like him. I will be setting up a Orlando Pony Fair pick up thread under Pony Fairs, sometime this. As well as another thread in the For Sale section with pre order links to ship for your country / region. visitors can't see pics , please register or login

He's cute! Is his hair the same color as Rosette's?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 11, 2018, 07:44:44 AM »
Not to mention FailBook has some of the worst security/user protections out there, exemplified by the recent scandals. 
That's exactly why I boycott all social media platforms.  Not worth the risk.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #197 on: April 11, 2018, 08:34:57 AM »
Hi everyone! I just wanted to share some updates. Pepper Jack is coming along nicely... He is still not finished, but here is a progress photo. I hope you all like him. I will be setting up a Orlando Pony Fair pick up thread under Pony Fairs, sometime this. As well as another thread in the For Sale section with pre order links to ship for your country / region. visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Love him . . . What a beautiful green he is! 
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #198 on: April 11, 2018, 02:14:39 PM »

He's cute! Is his hair the same color as Rosette's?

I'm not 100 percent sure. But I would say pretty close by the photo. The lighting of the photo maybe a bit off. I think the body color is actually brighter in person. As soon as I get better photos and him in hand I can answer more questions.

Post Merge: April 11, 2018, 02:17:33 PM

we have actually always posted on the arena in the for sale section. WingsOfMasquerade has always announced upcoming releases within a pre order/ for sale thread since 2016. There have been several posts in the past by me, retrodolls, wysteria and a few others.

I personally focus my sales on Facebook, since it's easier for me to interact with collectors instantly. There are others involved in the project and they are free to post photos and updates on here, and they have their own personal sales as well.

I understand what you are saying, but I should't have to be told on how to promote and sell ponies.

Also part of the reason for a closed group is to try and bring the community together. We screen out potential trolls/hackers etc to keep our group safe.
I know it wasn't meant that way, but that makes it sound like the Arena is a place full of trolls and hackers :P Just saying.

Thank you for the picture of Pepperjack :)

I think it is important to make sure your product is available to everyone in terms of promotion. It's basic business sense to promote it everywhere you can, not expect your customers to play treasure hunt to find it. I understand about not posting here till you have a prototype, but what you are actually doing is classifying your customer base not by interest but by the social media platforms they use.

If it is your policy not to post till you have a prototype, you shouldn't be offering teasers and information in fragments in other places and not here, because people can easily bring bits of that information here (as we saw). It may have been someone else who mentioned Pepper Jack here, but they only were able to do so because information was available in other places that wasn't available here. If you release the same info in the same places at the same time, that doesn't happen.

And I feel like if you want to maximise your return, the phone aspect isn't valid. You are operating a business concern. I don't know of any business which limits its advertising because it's easier and more convenient to post by phone to certain limited areas. If you want to sell the maximum number of ponies, you need to promote those ponies, and not make people here feel like they are less important (or maybe trolls and hackers) because it's easier to post from a phone.

Basically what I'm getting at is that the convenience should be on the buyer's end, not the seller's. If you're asking your buyers to do all the  legwork to find out information, or to join specific groups or forums just to get information, then you're risking limiting your market. Not everything can be done on reputation. More promotion here has got to be good for the sales of these and that helps everyone because we all want them to continue for a long time to come. And we want to have the opportunity to buy them without the massive headache of finding out where to buy from and what is coming out next.

Post Merge: April 11, 2018, 02:53:54 PM

I will try to dig out my general discussion post on the project and start updating that with pictures. That way I can edit the main part of the post ;-). We probably won't see anything new until next week.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 02:53:54 PM by Clipper »

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 11, 2018, 03:12:11 PM »
Really love this project...
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 11, 2018, 03:25:59 PM »
I understand what you are saying, but I should't have to be told on how to promote and sell ponies

I totally agree with you on this Clipper.  If you are happy with the way you have chosen to promote and sell your ponies on the platforms you have chosen then that is just fine.  I would like to say that I don't use social media at all and, I have had no problem finding out about these ponies and what is available.   I check the ecrater store and all the pony peeps I know seem to always mention it.    I am really glad these ponies are available to us and thank you for selling them.  I have enjoyed the ones I purchased and look forward to new ones.  I have noticed that there are several people to contact on the Arena about these ponies. I just have not had a problem at all.  So, I wanted to drop in and just say thank you, but this new pony is fabulous. :biggrin:

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #201 on: April 11, 2018, 04:01:30 PM »
I see the HQG1C posts pop up every now and then on the Arena. It's not like the thread count traffic is so huge that people have problems coming across them.  I used to be an Arena regular but I'm on FB most of the time now. I come on like 3 times a month and I still spot the posts. Maybe because I'm already aware of the project and keep my eyes out for related posts.

I don't blame Clipper for focusing on FB mostly.  It's still the most interactive platform and feedback is almost immediate. I've been following the project from the start. I remember when I met Clipper in 2016 at the Pony Fair and all he had was a Genie picture in a cardboard. The pony wasn't even in hand yet. The project has certainly come far.

The ponies get better with each release and the project tries some stuff Hasbro didn't attempt. It's a lot of fun seeing the project blossom from one unicorn to a range of poses. It's almost reminiscent of G1s but the proj takes on its own life and has its own style and signature. The production is expensive unfortunately and even if the ponies are so called mass produced let's  say 500-1500 units, to a factory in China its NOTHING. Anyone in production can tell you that. Factories want BULK ORDERS and we are talking about 10,000 units minimum as a rule of thumb. I'm surprised the project has been able to do so many variations with such limited order numbers. Not all factories are willing to do that and they will definitely jack up the price to penalise for the lack of numbers.

I think Clipper has been trying very hard and he's putting out a lot of personal money to achieve this. If you support it just buying a pony will help to support the cause. It's how the project sustains itself, and you gotta give it to Clipper. How many projects have we've seen come and go and has enjoyed such longevity? You can whine and complain about price and design blah blah not up to your standards, if you don't like it go make your own. Get your own factory, flood the market and set your own price. I for one would like to see the project continue so I encourage anyone who can afford to try it and have some FUN.

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 11, 2018, 04:29:17 PM »
I love my Dasher and can't wait to get my Pepper Jack!
I will admit, I was afraid to join the facebook page because 1. I'm a guy and 2. My pony hobby is a secret from friends and family.  I didn't want them to see me posting pony stuff.  But being a closed group, I have a little sense of freedom and can now mingle with fellow collectors in another social forum.
Looking forward to whatever comes down the line next!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 04:33:01 PM by Gator »

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 11, 2018, 04:42:21 PM »
I love my Dasher and can't wait to get my Pepper Jack!
I will admit, I was afraid to join the facebook page because 1. I'm a guy and 2. My pony hobby is a secret from friends and family.  I didn't want them to see me posting pony stuff.  But being a closed group, I have a little sense of freedom and can now mingle with fellow collectors in another social forum.
Looking forward to whatever comes down the line next!

Yea I can totally understand this.  If I was into social media which I am not anymore. I left it a long time ago. I probably would have just created an account for the facebook page to keep it out of my regular account.  That is just me though.  I can't stand social media so this really is not an issue for me.  It is very easy to find out about these ponies on the Arena, TP and checking the ecrater store too.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 11, 2018, 06:44:28 PM »
Thanks for the answer Clipper. Bet your looking forward to having him in your herd too huh? My daughter sure is.

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #205 on: April 11, 2018, 08:54:26 PM »
Thanks for the answer Clipper. Bet your looking forward to having him in your herd too huh? My daughter sure is.

For sure! I will try to take comparison photos of the hair. Just got to find my Rossette  Glad to hear she is
Excited! :-D

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 12, 2018, 05:27:40 AM »

You can whine and complain about price and design blah blah not up to your standards, if you don't like it go make your own.

Did anyone complain about price and design ?

-

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 12, 2018, 07:04:31 AM »

You can whine and complain about price and design blah blah not up to your standards, if you don't like it go make your own.

Did anyone complain about price and design ?

Read through the thread: This is always going to happen with just about every pony ever made.  Initially the thread was an inquiry about HQG1C.  I personally really like the HQG1C and have enjoyed purchasing my favorites. ;)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 07:07:43 AM by tulagirl »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 12, 2018, 07:26:53 AM »
You know what I'm complaining about? Too many cute ponies being made. We want this one and that one and that one. Waah! Boo! Hiss!
If we're not careful, we'll be up to our ears in ponies. What a tragedy that'd be. :silly:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 07:30:29 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 12, 2018, 09:38:08 AM »
You know what I'm complaining about? Too many cute ponies being made. We want this one and that one and that one. Waah! Boo! Hiss!
If we're not careful, we'll be up to our ears in ponies. What a tragedy that'd be. :silly:

ROFLOL this is me!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal