collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: HQG1C?  (Read 75373 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: HQG1C?
« Reply #180 on: March 12, 2018, 12:40:07 PM »
Images on Tumblr can be copied & pasted elsewhere, which is the other reason I suggested it.  Sometimes when I am on my phone I post something like "Check tumblr link for pictures of blah-blah; feel free to post the picture in the thread, I just can't right now."  :)  Tumblr works really well as a photo-hosting site.

How do you post pics to the Arena when you're on your phone?  I'd love to find a way to do that.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #181 on: March 12, 2018, 12:47:03 PM »
I just click on the URL of the picture and hold my thumb or finger down till the copy/paste options appear. I have the option to open image in new window so that gives me the URL..? But as I said before, I don't upload images from my phone, which seems to be the bigger issue. I don't use anything that requires me to do that except email which is attachment, not copy and paste. But if I did upload to facebook on the phone, I imagine it'd be the same thing? Open the image and then copy paste the URL into the IMG tags just like with any other picture?

Sorry if that isn't what you're asking. I don't really know how else to reply XD. My phone is a Samsung but not a particularly exceptional one as I don't use it for much except texting and email etc.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #182 on: March 12, 2018, 08:44:12 PM »
We actually always announce when the new ponies are coming in the for sale and also customs section of the arena. We don't post pre order links at the same time here, since there can be delays. The Facebook group is easier for communication, live video feeds.
Another collector posted here that they were coming out of excitement.  We haven't announced pepper jack to the arena yet, because there is nothing to show. I also started an hqg1c topic last year to talk about the project and show ponies.. and not many replied...

We will be working on updating the mylittlewiki hqg1c that way all the names and photos of current and potential upcoming customs are listed and pictured. :)

« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 08:59:44 PM by Clipper »

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 13, 2018, 01:26:44 AM »
We actually always announce when the new ponies are coming in the for sale and also customs section of the arena. We don't post pre order links at the same time here, since there can be delays. The Facebook group is easier for communication, live video feeds.
Another collector posted here that they were coming out of excitement.  We haven't announced pepper jack to the arena yet, because there is nothing to show. I also started an hqg1c topic last year to talk about the project and show ponies.. and not many replied...

We will be working on updating the mylittlewiki hqg1c that way all the names and photos of current and potential upcoming customs are listed and pictured. :)

I know you probably have no intention of replicating the Celestial Ponies but would you ever consider doing a brand new character in the style of the Celestial Ponies with the swirls and antennas and tinsel in the hair?
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Wysteria

• MOC Crazy!
  • Trade Count: (+118)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Katz Pony Shop
    • View Profile
    • http://www.katzponyshop.ecrater.com/
« Reply #184 on: March 13, 2018, 08:45:32 AM »
Yes what i meant was its hard for me to post images from a phone but apparently photobuckets app might be playing nice today. Let's see if this works!

Here are the few items currently on pre order. Glitter modified dragons, cowboy hats, and our teaser for Pepperjack

And here is our newest mold Lucky Star!

Also part of the reason for a closed group is to try and bring the community together. We screen out potential trolls/hackers etc to keep our group safe. We want this to be a community effort and to reach as many G1 fans as possible. We encourage this project to be more word of mouth than putting everything on public forums so it brings collectors together by commumicating with one another.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 08:49:27 AM by Wysteria »

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 13, 2018, 11:15:27 AM »
Updated the first post with links to all HQG1C shops! If there's something missing or I made a mistake, please notify me :)

Offline nessa16

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #186 on: March 14, 2018, 09:08:14 AM »
Yes what i meant was its hard for me to post images from a phone but apparently photobuckets app might be playing nice today. Let's see if this works!

Here are the few items currently on pre order. Glitter modified dragons, cowboy hats, and our teaser for Pepperjack

And here is our newest mold Lucky Star!

Also part of the reason for a closed group is to try and bring the community together. We screen out potential trolls/hackers etc to keep our group safe. We want this to be a community effort and to reach as many G1 fans as possible. We encourage this project to be more word of mouth than putting everything on public forums so it brings collectors together by commumicating with one another.
Still cannot see the photos.  Stupid Photobucket.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Reena

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
  • Please Say Hi :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 14, 2018, 09:47:07 AM »
I'm a bit late to the party, but I own Genie and Puppy Love and I adore them! I'm planning on getting more asap.

I don't think they are overpriced for what they are, and I can't wait for them to make more designs!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #188 on: March 14, 2018, 09:57:59 AM »
Oh Photobucket, why you gotta be like that?  Makes me worry about what I'll do if Flickr does the same thing someday.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 14, 2018, 11:55:45 AM »
Oh Photobucket, why you gotta be like that?  Makes me worry about what I'll do if Flickr does the same thing someday.
im dreading the day that happens, i love FlickR, they are the best. everyone who owns a photobucket account should move to flickr, i have never had a problem in all the years iv been with them :P

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Wysteria

• MOC Crazy!
  • Trade Count: (+118)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Katz Pony Shop
    • View Profile
    • http://www.katzponyshop.ecrater.com/
« Reply #190 on: March 15, 2018, 12:04:39 AM »
Silly photobucket:( I could see the images for like 10 mins then refreshed to those:P I need to make another account somewhere.

As for new designs, there's a lot coming this summer!

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #191 on: April 10, 2018, 09:56:31 PM »
Hi everyone! I just wanted to share some updates. Pepper Jack is coming along nicely... He is still not finished, but here is a progress photo. I hope you all like him. I will be setting up a Orlando Pony Fair pick up thread under Pony Fairs, sometime this. As well as another thread in the For Sale section with pre order links to ship for your country / region. visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 12:14:33 AM by Clipper »

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 11, 2018, 12:04:33 AM »
Thanks for posting pictures of him. I hope you will keep posting here on the arena. :)

Like some of you I also find it hard to find the information. Social media is social media. If you have a huge pony project going on, why would you not want to post it on the pony forum?

this

What I am really getting at is the vague "this is happening!" and then the need to go hunting for that information as opposed to having it easily accessible.

-

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #193 on: April 11, 2018, 12:14:19 AM »
Thanks for posting pictures of him. I hope you will keep posting here on the arena. :)

Like some of you I also find it hard to find the information. Social media is social media. If you have a huge pony project going on, why would you not want to post it on the pony forum?

this

What I am really getting at is the vague "this is happening!" and then the need to go hunting for that information as opposed to having it easily accessible.

no problem. I never post on the arena until we have the sample ready to show. I have also updated the pre order post in the for sale section. ;-)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #194 on: April 11, 2018, 04:32:28 AM »
Also part of the reason for a closed group is to try and bring the community together. We screen out potential trolls/hackers etc to keep our group safe.
I know it wasn't meant that way, but that makes it sound like the Arena is a place full of trolls and hackers :P Just saying.

Thank you for the picture of Pepperjack :)

I think it is important to make sure your product is available to everyone in terms of promotion. It's basic business sense to promote it everywhere you can, not expect your customers to play treasure hunt to find it. I understand about not posting here till you have a prototype, but what you are actually doing is classifying your customer base not by interest but by the social media platforms they use.

If it is your policy not to post till you have a prototype, you shouldn't be offering teasers and information in fragments in other places and not here, because people can easily bring bits of that information here (as we saw). It may have been someone else who mentioned Pepper Jack here, but they only were able to do so because information was available in other places that wasn't available here. If you release the same info in the same places at the same time, that doesn't happen.

And I feel like if you want to maximise your return, the phone aspect isn't valid. You are operating a business concern. I don't know of any business which limits its advertising because it's easier and more convenient to post by phone to certain limited areas. If you want to sell the maximum number of ponies, you need to promote those ponies, and not make people here feel like they are less important (or maybe trolls and hackers) because it's easier to post from a phone.

Basically what I'm getting at is that the convenience should be on the buyer's end, not the seller's. If you're asking your buyers to do all the  legwork to find out information, or to join specific groups or forums just to get information, then you're risking limiting your market. Not everything can be done on reputation. More promotion here has got to be good for the sales of these and that helps everyone because we all want them to continue for a long time to come. And we want to have the opportunity to buy them without the massive headache of finding out where to buy from and what is coming out next.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal