collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: HQG1C?  (Read 75273 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: HQG1C?
« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2018, 11:25:44 AM »
The ponies aren't actually destroyed to make the molds.  Though I believe they must be hairless.

I think I mentioned it before but I like hair. So to me that would count as destroyed ;) I guess that it just troubles me slightly that it was that pony. She's the only one to have that pose and she's not common...of all the newborns to choose...unless she was so fiendishly wrecked in terms of marks as well. I dunno...

Well, you could think of it this way:  because of that one pony's sacrifice customizers have a lot better option for customs in that pose and it might save many vintage ponies in the future.

Probably true. I just wish they'd begun with a less obscure pose, because the pony it comes from is not common even here, and it;s a set with variations so a lot of collectors try to collect both versions. I figure there must have been a reason, and it might just have been that was the most wrecked baby pony they had to hand - but if that's the case that too is kind of sad to me. Whatever the real reason, there's one less Baby Bouncy.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2018, 11:27:18 AM »
The ponies aren't actually destroyed to make the molds.  Though I believe they must be hairless.

I think I mentioned it before but I like hair. So to me that would count as destroyed ;) I guess that it just troubles me slightly that it was that pony. She's the only one to have that pose and she's not common...of all the newborns to choose...unless she was so fiendishly wrecked in terms of marks as well. I dunno...

If she had already fallen victim to a child with scissors they would need to take out the hair to rehair her anyways. Maybe even after they were done with her they did just that and restored her to her former glory.

I personally would like to see some Celestial / Fancy Swirl ponies. If not the 4 designs that never made it to production then maybe a brand new design made for this project.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2018, 11:58:47 AM »
Part of baby bouncy' ear was missing and had bite marks all over her. She is not destroyed, and not one less. She still exists and we plan to rehair her.  and

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 08, 2018, 12:42:57 PM »
Part of baby bouncy' ear was missing and had bite marks all over her. She is not destroyed, and not one less. She still exists and we plan to rehair her.  and

Well, at least she has a happy ending. It's just sad that she came to that point :/

I know restoration is a thing, but I don't really believe in rehairing and such -at least I do, but once a pony is rehaired it is half custom not original any more - so it's always sad to me when a pony reaches a state whereby such intervention is necessary.

I am glad to hear she wasn't sacrificed though. Although it does still bother me that a rare baby with a rare pose was used. I realise I am quite specific in these views, and a lot of people won't agree with me, but the moment she needed to be rehaired/lost her own hair, she became 'one less' to me.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 12:45:51 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Skylar

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+211)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2018, 12:43:14 PM »

Make sure that you post completed pics so that we can honor her appropriately for her sacrifice. I know that i love my babies that she helped create!!

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #80 on: February 08, 2018, 02:05:30 PM »

Make sure that you post completed pics so that we can honor her appropriately for her sacrifice. I know that i love my babies that she helped create!!
We will. She is planned to go back to her original owner in the future.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 08, 2018, 04:00:56 PM »
I'd rather see a rare G1 used for the project to make many new ones than see it customized into some random OOAK.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #82 on: February 08, 2018, 04:16:40 PM »
Part of baby bouncy' ear was missing and had bite marks all over her. She is not destroyed, and not one less. She still exists and we plan to rehair her.

Same, Glitter Wishes in particular is amazing.  :)  I've also got a spare Batty Boo I want to customize.  Glow-in-the-dark = fun!  Might try to dye her . . .
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 08, 2018, 04:23:35 PM »
...just out of curiosity, how many sets do you guys currently have planned, and how many ponies per set do you foresee producing?
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #84 on: February 08, 2018, 04:37:35 PM »
...just out of curiosity, how many sets do you guys currently have planned, and how many ponies per set do you foresee producing?

To my knowledge, I don't think there were that many more planned. The full list is on Facebook. Ideas do get added and removed. I do know that we are trying to make the customs more affordable in the future for everyone.. also poses are being modified.

Offline PoserBeachball

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2018, 02:09:20 AM »
I'd rather see a rare G1 used for the project to make many new ones than see it customized into some random OOAK.

Since finding a random custom g1 baby with a bad paint job for pennies in a charity shop I'd have to agree.
She's home with me now while I work out what to do with her. I'm sure she's not a fakie, don't think she's a rare one, but have to research who she originally was - she's a bit of a mess at the moment.

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 09, 2018, 05:03:23 AM »
I agree in part with this. I have been, and still am, looking for Mimic like crazy, and l sometimes find mimics butchered to become uglys OOAK. And by this l mean, some people are actual artists with customs, and others are just not at all...

Regarding the prices, well l have bought several HQ1C ponies (some of them are still to arrive) at really cheap costs, because they were promos or “baity”ones. I love baity cause it allows me to do some magic on them.
And if Hasbro was really interested in us as collectors or buyers, they would do more “reruns”of the G1s, what they don’t. (I am not talking about the 35 anniversary, but real common market sales). They moved past us and forgot us. Now we grew up and got the techniques to have what we dreamed of while growing: our own ponies. And this is what l like the most from this project. It is ours, not a brand company’s.
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2018, 05:22:11 AM »

I do know that we are trying to make the customs more affordable in the future for everyone.. also poses are being modified.

Clipper - to make things less expensive - would HQG1C consider selling hairless pony blanks for customs?

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2018, 09:12:10 AM »

The HQG1C project ponies are awesome ,and I love them. But they are still customs and not real ponies, so whether one or many is made from the sacrifice of a real pony is the same thing to me. I will keep the unpopular opinion, but I'd rather rare ponies weren't used in either case. And yeah, it can happen with kids and stuff in the wild. But in future if the project has to use a bait pony for a pose, personally I'd rather see a common bait used than a rare bait. Not just because of the rarity of the original pony but the pose itself isn't symbolic of the line anyway - it's obscure and there are more 'recogniseable' pony poses.

I would second Glitterball's suggestion if it were possible. I've avoided buying blanks because I don't want to remove hair to root (waste of hair, I don't like to remove hair on ponies if the hair is nice) but the option for a hairless blank (maybe in a range of colours) would probably go down well. I don't know whether the production costs would be extreme though.

I really like that the project is playing with poses and doing some original stuff, too. In general I'm fully supportive. It just twitches at me about Baby Bouncy. We're talking about a pony who is probably as rare as Dabble or Scribbles...but of course if other people are ok with using Dabble or Scribbles in the same context, then fine. I will just accept that I have a minority view and we'll move on. Ultimately it's not like I can change it anyway. It just bothers me enough that I haven't bought any of the babies so far and probably won't until there's a less rare pose in circulation.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2018, 09:23:55 AM »
Does anyone currently have the Valentine's day pair up for sale or pre-sale? (Or when they will be up for sale?)

They are just too adorable!
~Foxtale~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal