collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Lovestruck is a pony who doesn't really get much love  (Read 708 times)

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Lovestruck is a pony who doesn't really get much love
« on: February 02, 2018, 09:39:46 AM »
Let's talk about that.

Now, each generation seems to have had its share of love/ Valentine themed ponies- Valenshy, Heart Throb, Truly, we even eventually got a Princess of love, Cadance. But Lovestruck- while being a g3 pony, made her debut in the FiM Gameloft game- eventually getting a blind back figure later.  Sadly, no other toys have been made of her, which might be why she's so overlooked by fans and collectors. Even so, Lovestruck is a pretty adorable pony with some pretty interesting backcard descriptions on her, to give her a glimmer of personality. She also appears to have been based/ influenced off of g3 pony, Always and Forever- who also has a white body, pink (and red) mane, and a bow and arrow symbol with hearts surrounding it. Not much difference, but Always and Forever has blue eyes and is an earth pony, while Lovestruck is a unicorn and has green eyes.

I whipped up a theory about this underappreciated pony some time ago, but I think still holds relevance: (source: https://www.hasbro.com/mylittlepony/en_US/2017/02/community-soapbox-20-glimmys-evil-story.html)

Spoiler
Lovestruck: cupid, student, or softhearted soldier?
Though Lovestruck is a pony who only has an appearance in the MLP Gameloft app, her description actually gives her a lot of potential for appearances in the animated series. It reads as follows: "Lovestruck is a pony filled with the spirit of love! On Hearts and Hooves Day, she tries to fill everypony with love in their hearts"

With her cutie mark being a bow and arrow with hearts, and a color scheme that screams Hearts and Hooves Day, she could easily be pining for a position as Cadence's personal student, possibly using Twilight as a mediator. Or could have good intentions and try to get Rarity to return Spike's feelings. Or status quo can be flipped on its head, and Lovestruck instead tries to enroll in the Crystal Guard to achieve her dream to promote peaceful, loving tactics in the ranks of the Empire's military.

How can Lovestruck be of use, if given some screen time? Would she just be a pony for HaHD, a student for Cadance, or something more?

Do many people appreciate this little lovebug, Lovestruck?
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Lovestruck is a pony who doesn't really get much love
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 09:45:17 AM »
I had to google to find out what she looks like . . . She's very pretty indeed!  Looks like she is basically a renamed G3 Always & Forever (which I can understand because having an ampersand in the middle of a name is awkward.)  I like that they made her a unicorn.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Pic from My Little Wiki.

I do enjoy seeing G3 ponies in G4, I believe Waterfire was another one who had a blind bag toy.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 09:57:40 AM »
I would love to see her get a regular toy, I wish Hasbro still made new ponies specifically for holidays!

I do enjoy seeing G3 ponies in G4, I believe Waterfire was another one who had a blind bag toy.

There's quite a few who have! Breezie has a blind bag toy too (she was changed to a pegasus).

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 10:06:25 AM »
I kind of want Blind Bag Waterfire, though idk if I like her as a unicorn.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 10:12:19 AM »
I didn't know this G4 as I don',t really follow blind bags, but it's just another example of a pony who COULD have been made and COULD have been given a place in children's hearts, but wasn't, because hasbro are obsessed with the same six ponies. I find that sad, but at least she exists in blind bag form.

A&F was a valentine Target pony I think, so not global - I guess this way she gets a wider release as a blind bag??

I have seen some really pretty blind bag figures (I know the names of none of them) who would make amazing ponies. (And I still want a pony version of Adagio Dazzle and her sidekicks, but no luck so far).

Hasbro really need to do more with these kinds of characters.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 10:20:36 AM »
I didn't know this G4 as I don',t really follow blind bags, but it's just another example of a pony who COULD have been made and COULD have been given a place in children's hearts, but wasn't, because hasbro are obsessed with the same six ponies. I find that sad, but at least she exists in blind bag form.

A&F was a valentine Target pony I think, so not global - I guess this way she gets a wider release as a blind bag??

I have seen some really pretty blind bag figures (I know the names of none of them) who would make amazing ponies. (And I still want a pony version of Adagio Dazzle and her sidekicks, but no luck so far).

the oversaturation of mane 6 needs to stop. Too many ponies are out there that could be getting released in actual brushable form (or MORE brushables), but just aren't, because everything is mane 6 and Princesses. Some ponies don't even HAVE any merch! (Sassy Saddles, Starswirl, Mistmane, Chip Cutter, Tender Taps, Gabby the Griffon, Iron Will, Tirek, and the Diamond Dogs, to name a few)

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2018, 10:24:24 AM »
There are plenty of G1 heart related ponies...
Snuzzle would be the original.

I stopped buying MLP G4blind bags, they just got to annoying, to much of the same, etc. If I had to choose at this point in if I'm buying a MLP blind bag or a Lego blind bag, am probably going for the lego one.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2018, 10:27:23 AM »

the oversaturation of mane 6 needs to stop. Too many ponies are out there that could be getting released in actual brushable form (or MORE brushables), but just aren't, because everything is mane 6 and Princesses. Some ponies don't even HAVE any merch! (Sassy Saddles, Starswirl, Mistmane, Chip Cutter, Tender Taps, Gabby the Griffon, Iron Will, Tirek, and the Diamond Dogs, to name a few)

Well they did release a bunch of non MLP characters from the movie with those action figure sets they are doing...and sorry I don't remember what the heck they are calling the 'action figures'. I refuse to buy that stuff, it's not MLP to me, regardless of if hasbro is making it etc.

I don't want Diamond Dogs, that would honestly be the last thing I'd ever buy. Tirek, no thanks. I just don't want any of that other junk, not interested, nope.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2018, 10:30:13 AM »
She's cute but I prefer her predecessor Always and Forever, as well as Wish-I-May and Wish-I-Might. I hardly ever do blindbags. I never cared for Truly, Heartthrob or Cadance.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2018, 10:49:19 AM »

Well they did release a bunch of non MLP characters from the movie with those action figure sets they are doing...and sorry I don't remember what the heck they are calling the 'action figures'. I refuse to buy that stuff, it's not MLP to me, regardless of if hasbro is making it etc.

I don't want Diamond Dogs, that would honestly be the last thing I'd ever buy. Tirek, no thanks. I just don't want any of that other junk, not interested, nope.
Guardians of Harmony? why aren't them MLP to you? Hasbro has put out things that aren't pony brushables, before, like the porcelain figures back in g1. Are they MLP, in spite of not having brushable hair?

Gimme my brushable Tirek, please. XD

Offline Bebopgroove

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Esoterous
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2018, 10:53:51 AM »
I'll never understand why Hasbro only released about 5 different G3 unicorns.. One of my biggest gripes with the G3 line..

My Wattpad | Flickr gallery (coming soon)
PSN: bebopgroove
Xbox: bebopgroove

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2018, 11:02:53 AM »

Guardians of Harmony? why aren't them MLP to you? Hasbro has put out things that aren't pony brushables, before, like the porcelain figures back in g1. Are they MLP, in spite of not having brushable hair?

It's a personal decision as to whether something is or isn't a pony in the context of their collection.

I don't buy GOH either. It doesn't bother me that it's there, but I don't count them as ponies. They're pony merchandise to me. So are ceramics. Ponies are brushables. That's because I'm a G1 person (and so is Unicorn) and G1 was basically about brushables. Nothing wrong with that. It's just personal preference, which should be respected IMO.

I also don't care about having toys of the other characters in the show in any generation because I basically don't like the show much in any generation ;) It's fine, it's just not the be all and end all of MLP to me. I wouldn't really want any Tirek, brushable or otherwise. I don't really understand the FIM mindset of seeing everything through the lens of what's in the animation. Those characters were irrelevant to my childhood as I didn't see most of the G1 animation until I was about 14 - and I genuinely don't mind. But I probably wouldn't want dolls of the Weather Witch or Wizard Wantall either, from the comics...I don't even like Megan all that much. Dragons and pony attendants/friends I'm ok with...but that's I guess where I personally draw the line.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 11:05:53 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2018, 12:03:03 PM »

I refuse to buy that stuff, it's not MLP to me, regardless of if hasbro is making it etc.

I made some highlighs of my comment to answer your question.

and add what Taff said to further explain:

It's a personal decision as to whether something is or isn't a pony in the context of their collection.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 12:04:37 PM by KarentheUnicorn »

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2018, 03:26:58 PM »

I don't buy GOH either. It doesn't bother me that it's there, but I don't count them as ponies. They're pony merchandise to me. So are ceramics. Ponies are brushables. That's because I'm a G1 person (and so is Unicorn) and G1 was basically about brushables. Nothing wrong with that. It's just personal preference, which should be respected IMO.

I also don't care about having toys of the other characters in the show in any generation because I basically don't like the show much in any generation ;) It's fine, it's just not the be all and end all of MLP to me. I wouldn't really want any Tirek, brushable or otherwise. I don't really understand the FIM mindset of seeing everything through the lens of what's in the animation. Those characters were irrelevant to my childhood as I didn't see most of the G1 animation until I was about 14 - and I genuinely don't mind. But I probably wouldn't want dolls of the Weather Witch or Wizard Wantall either, from the comics...I don't even like Megan all that much. Dragons and pony attendants/friends I'm ok with...but that's I guess where I personally draw the line.
I asked the question because I wanted to know. Not because I was putting down your opinion, nor is anything wrong with it. How can I know what it is, if I don't ask? We're not hivemind

what I was saying was that there should be more to the world than just ponies. g1 had bushwoolies, and dragons in the toyline, but all the races that make up g4 seem to be just ponies in the toyline. Barely any griffons or other species. Animation or not, it adds variety to the imagination, for the ponies to have conflict with others outside of themselves.

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2018, 03:32:06 PM »
She's cute but I prefer her predecessor Always and Forever, as well as Wish-I-May and Wish-I-Might. I hardly ever do blindbags. I never cared for Truly, Heartthrob or Cadance.
perhaps Lovestruck is just Always' mini Me? A failed clone attempt? Sisters separated at birth? XD 
yeah, blinds aren't my thing, either (too frustrating. Even the FUNKO Mystery Mini's)

The Wish twins I still think of as celestials, even though they're Valentine ponies. Must be that darn nursery rhyme about wishing on stars.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal