collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Photos of your collection when it was just starting?  (Read 516 times)

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Photos of your collection when it was just starting?
« on: February 02, 2018, 09:34:51 AM »
Hi everyone
Sometimes I like to go through my old photos on my laptop to feel nostalgic and I have a set from October 2002 during my birthday which happen to feature a lot of my pony collection (yes during my bday we ended playing with the ponies and we were teens ^_^;)

At that point I had only been collecting for a couple years, and I found most of my ponies at goodwill or flea markets. But I thought it would be fun to share the pics, and see some of your collections when they were just starting! Please feel free to share your old collection photos, memories of collecting in the early 2000s or some Before and Afters  :biggrin:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I edited my face you can focus on the pretty ponies, I only had 3 small shelves and none were filled completely. I used a poster board printed with clouds on it to make a cute background for the display

Also please note my Legolas pin

Here you can see some more closely, I found the waterfall playset with the box at goodwill for .99c but I sold it  :cry:
I wish I could move my arm out of the way!

Who do you spy? I forgot I've had some of these ponies so long and I didn't complete the Glow and Show set until last year! Yes I am putting leg warmers on Tex's head...

What was you collection like when you were first starting? How did you make it grow?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 09:37:54 AM by SaraMari »

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Photos of your collection when it was just starting?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 09:39:58 AM »
It looks like only your last picture is showing for me.
I started in 2011 with only G4 stuff. My collection used to occupy one small shelf and I could have my trading card standees out because I just didn't have enough stuff to show there.
Now it's all over my room and I can't escape it!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 09:46:44 AM »
I have some pictures somewhere of the ponies in my old room after we started recollecting in the middle 1990s but before I think getting online. I don't know where they are though. And I have the blurry picture of my childhood collection on my website, but that's not really what you're asking I think?

Have a picture of Naynie's as well. I'm going to go dig through images and see if any of them are on here.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 09:55:20 AM »
I don't think I have any old collection photos, unfortunately. I got into MLP in 2011 and this was a couple years before I got a smartphone, so I didn't have any devices that could take decent photos, so I never bothered with them.

In any case, my collection began with G4 and very quickly expanded. :lol:

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 10:14:06 AM »
Here's the first photo of m collection of gen 1 ponies: 13 gen 1s and my then brand new 25th Anniversary collector ponies in 2012.

I took that photo on my DSi, and I'd been casually collecting for a decade. Albeit mostly gen 3.

And funny enough, here's a picture of my collection from 3 1/2 years ago, before I thinned down on my white g3s. (I bought every single white pony I saw as a kid.)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 10:29:35 AM by Khoufu »
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 10:55:49 AM »
I only have a couple of images on my PC files :/

The first is two pictures actually. The top is my sister's childhood collection (she only began collecting in 1990, when she was 3) and the bottom is my childhood collection (I began collecting in 1984, aged almost 3). We mostly played together though. Some ponies we had the same but mostly we had different ones. Hopefully you can identify most of them :D

The second is actually not my pony collection at all, but my sister's. I think it was taken some time in the late 1990s, after our trade partner visited, as there are several US ponies in that image. I don't know how late it was taken but Naynie's collection grew a LOT from carboot sales during the 1990s, as did mine...as this image shows. So yeah. Also those plushies all came from the carboot sale. I don't have any of the big pj cases. She has them all xD.

None of my collection in transition unfortunately. I can only find a picture of my baby ponies in the white wardrobe but not the rest. Never mind. You can sort of see some of the other ponies in the image behind that of my sister's childhood collection though. We took the pictures later of the ponies we had as kids, so there are some others floating around in there :)

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2018, 05:06:10 PM »
WOW! I love to see old pictures! I sadly don't have any pictures anymore.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal