collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What sort of collabs lie in the future for MLP & Japan? Predictions come true!  (Read 1750 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Or, there's always the original source.

https://twitter.com/mylittleponyjpn/status/963677141660569600

Nothing is really known about the Little Twin Stars x MLP collab yet, other than that the stuff will be released in the summer (in Japan, of course).
if you can read Japanese, sure.

I can read |Japanese. O.o. 

What is Kikirara (or Kikilala?)

All it says is that the collaboration with whatever the Kikirara thing is is decided, and it's projected to happen this summer, so look forward to it. I'm guessing Kikirara is twin stars. Google search suggests so...so that I guess?

Nothing of any detail beyond that.

@LAW - we have a store in London that does mail order. Maybe there's one in the US that does similar?

I didn't think of that.
:D *wilfully spends LAW's money* XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile

Nothing is really known about the Little Twin Stars x MLP collab yet, other than that the stuff will be released in the summer (in Japan, of course).

All it says is that the collaboration with whatever the Kikirara thing is is decided, and it's projected to happen this summer, so look forward to it. I'm guessing Kikirara is twin stars. Google search suggests so...so that I guess?

@LAW - we have a store in London that does mail order. Maybe there's one in the US that does similar?

I didn't think of that.
:D *wilfully spends LAW's money* XD

:lol:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr

Kiki and Lala (not Rara) are the Little Twin Stars characters.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile

Kiki and Lala (not Rara) are the Little Twin Stars characters.
OK. In Japanese it's written rara ララ...there isn't a character for la in Japanese script, so ra is used for both.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Meh. :( What a bummer. I wish it was cuter like the KikiLala x Carebear collab.

Anyway.
There's lots of collabs and merch from Japan. It's just not really discussed.

http://happy-mai-life.com/2017/10/my-little-pony-pinkish-cafe
^ That blog post has some of the more recent things.
Sweets Paradise, Pink-latte, Poneycomb, claire's... etc.

Also recent:
https://www.buyma.com/item/33064781/
Mille x MLP

(ETA: Didn't realize that's a brand from thailand. Just saw it on the Japanese site lol... I kinda wanna keep it up here anyway)

MY LITTLE PONY × KUNIKA
http://kunika-sweets.com/gallery/collaboration/1979

There's also this recent gallery show, but probably will have to dig to find the artwork from it (hint, some is on the Japanese MLP twitter page)
http://mdpgallery.com/news/1161

Sometimes I think Japan has more retro merch that we do, but that's another topic lol.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 03:02:57 PM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile

Sometimes I think Japan has more retro merch that we do, but that's another topic lol.

If they do it's either not on general sale or only available in Tokyo. Three months in Kyoto and the best I could find in terms of MLP anything were plushes in Osaka in an import shop, as well as Pez dispensers. Nothing remotely pony anywhere else in either city. Nothing I saw in Hiroshima either, but I wasn't there long enough to say I swept the whole place on a mad pony hunt xD. I mostly did my research and visited the pokemon centre, but that's another matter...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
OH I just love this! Can't wait to see what else they come up with, but I have a feeling it'll be hard to get your hands on if you're not in Japan lol.

I'd have love to gone to the cafes, it's a shame that they only open those for a short while? OH and these cookies!!

If they do it's either not on general sale or only available in Tokyo. Three months in Kyoto and the best I could find in terms of MLP anything were plushes in Osaka in an import shop, as well as Pez dispensers. Nothing remotely pony anywhere else in either city. Nothing I saw in Hiroshima either, but I wasn't there long enough to say I swept the whole place on a mad pony hunt xD. I mostly did my research and visited the pokemon centre, but that's another matter...

I think most of it in this case is probably in Harajuku then, in my state when we go to our periodical pony meets we have a couple people who travel to Japan sometimes and they bring back goodies. A lot of it has been pony related and they said it was from Harajuku. I think it makes sense, considering the street fashion aesthetic they have over there, ponies go well with that imo.
I do have a Tshirt I happened to win in a raffle from there with some G1 ponies on it, another person won a bag with sleeping G4 characters.

ALSO speaking of the Pokémon Center, wow Taffeta, I'm jealous lol.
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile

I assume a chunk of it is pop up and limited (Like the first link I posted to, but all of that is FiM, I think).

But I think there were shirts + socks and stuff at a dept store too, a few years back...
http://fukuoka.parco.jp/page2/9809/345/

And to be fair, there isn't anywhere in America you can consistently go to buy retro things either... Occasionally things pop up here and there.

It just seems like I've bought more from there than here. I dunno.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 08:25:35 PM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile

Lala and KiKi are the names of the Little Twin Stars!

And I am tragically so broke to ever afford this stuff so I just keep an eye out at thrift stores for other awesome Sanrio stuff that pops up!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 08:16:40 PM by lovesbabysquirmy »
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
@Sapphire Rain. Four Pokemon Centers. Believe me, those places are very dangerous. Too much cute stuff.

I didn't find Harajuku when I was in Tokyo (yes, my navigation is that bad. I didn't find a lot of things xD) for a brief few days but it does sound like the sort of place those things would appear. Mind you, I did probably spend too much money on sumikkogurashi and jinbei and other cute stuff in the Kansai so maybe it was a good thing I didn't find anything pony as well >< I did also see Monster High dolls in the second hand store but not anything equine.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
LTS are my favorite Sanrio characters so I am looking forward to seeing this collab! My favorite Sanrio collab has been Sailor Moon so far. Because they morphed the two styles perfectly.
Just a bunch of G4s stuck to a LWS background wouldn't really wow me. But it would be amazing if they designed the ponies to look like Kiki and Lala's unicorns.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
LTS are my favorite Sanrio characters so I am looking forward to seeing this collab! My favorite Sanrio collab has been Sailor Moon so far. Because they morphed the two styles perfectly.
Just a bunch of G4s stuck to a LWS background wouldn't really wow me. But it would be amazing if they designed the ponies to look like Kiki and Lala's unicorns.

Same here. That picture is beyond precious btw.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
LTS is also my fav.... I had LTS Sanrio stuff before I had anything Hello Kitty...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal