collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What sort of collabs lie in the future for MLP & Japan? Predictions come true!  (Read 1759 times)

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
I'm sure some of you recall that MLP collabed with Disney in the making of the g3 Disney Princess ponies. Collabs between companies seem few and far between, sadly. As a fan of Japanese culture, groups, musicians, and such, I have always desired to see MLP collab with brands such as Moi-même-Moitié, a gothic lolita brand by Mana (who is also in the band Moi Dix Mois), Shironuri artist and trendsetter, popularized by Minori, another Japanese native, perhaps some visual Kei bands (like the Gazette or Versailles), and more collabs with others in Japanese culture or companies, in general. The closest, it appears, that we've gotten are references to the sweet lolita style (seen in the IDW comics, on two ponies named Marcie Pan and Fawn Doo, and the gothic-semi-lolita-esque pony, Inky Rose, in Fim's episode "Where the Apple Lies". Rarity would be a good pony to use when collabing with the artists of the shironuri fashion style and artists, Rainbow Dash for Visual Kei bands/companies, and perhaps Inky Rose or Twilight for the Gothic Lolita collabs. Collabs with Sanrio, perhaps, could feature Pinkie Pie or Fluttershy. Heck- g3's Kimono, herself, seems to be made for collabs with Japan, too! (she's terribly underutilized). It breaks my heart that there's such a deep pool of opportunity, but Hasbro doesn't want to reach out and make it happen.

I know there's little hope, as MLP doesn't appear to be too popular in Japan right now, so there's less chance of collabs with fashion/ music artists and/or companies from there, with the pony brand, but still, there's much potential to be had with MLP and what comes from the land of the rising sun (even popular anime collabs). Is there anything that you guys want to see?
Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 10:30:23 PM by nightmare muffin »
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Soooo whaddya know? I can't believe that one of my hope has been made to reality, and MLP is collabing with Sanrio! Called it!

https://www.hasbro.com/mylittlepony/en_US/2018/02/hello-kitty-creator-sanrio-teaming-up.html
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 05:56:53 AM by nightmare muffin »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
The link doesn't work for me . . . but that sounds cool!

Incidentally at one point they did a Hello Kitty / Transformers crossover and made a transforming Hello Kitty.  What really gets me is that she was a Decepticon.  :P
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
The link doesn't work for me . . . but that sounds cool!

Incidentally at one point they did a Hello Kitty / Transformers crossover and made a transforming Hello Kitty.  What really gets me is that she was a Decepticon.  :P
for some reason, this board forcibly changes the url from equestria daily (dot) com to hasbro (dot) com
That's why

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
yeah, links to that site aren't allowed, since they can post.. unsavoury things, I believe.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Doesn't work. It says 404 not found.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Or, there's always the original source.

https://twitter.com/mylittleponyjpn/status/963677141660569600

Nothing is really known about the Little Twin Stars x MLP collab yet, other than that the stuff will be released in the summer (in Japan, of course).

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile

Nothing is really known about the Little Twin Stars x MLP collab yet, other than that the stuff will be released in the summer (in Japan, of course).

Oh.

Thanks for the link.

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile

if you can read Japanese, sure.

Hope the stuff won't be too hard to get outside of Japan. And if they don't try to put Luna with the Twin Stars in some way, I am going to cry.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
I'm a bit disappointed. I was just hoping we'd get a variety of Sanrio collectibles. The only Sanrio store is a different city and I love Hello Kitty, but I love other characters too.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
This sounds like a way to get Japan more interested in ponies, as I've heard that they aren't as popular as they are here.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
I'm a bit disappointed. I was just hoping we'd get a variety of Sanrio collectibles. The only Sanrio store is a different city and I love Hello Kitty, but I love other characters too.
same here.
I would love a collectable with Luna (or g3 Starcatcher) rearing on hind legs, and one of the twin stars on her back and the other touching her muzzle, overhead of her

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
same here.
I would love a collectable with Luna (or g3 Starcatcher) rearing on hind legs, and one of the twin stars on her back and the other touching her muzzle, overhead of her

Actually I was talking about just Sanrio collectibles. Affordable ones that aren't 100 different versions of Hello Kitty.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook

I can read |Japanese. O.o. 

What is Kikirara (or Kikilala?)

All it says is that the collaboration with whatever the Kikirara thing is is decided, and it's projected to happen this summer, so look forward to it. I'm guessing Kikirara is twin stars. Google search suggests so...so that I guess?

Nothing of any detail beyond that.

@LAW - we have a store in London that does mail order. Maybe there's one in the US that does similar?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile

I can read |Japanese. O.o. 

What is Kikirara (or Kikilala?)

All it says is that the collaboration with whatever the Kikirara thing is is decided, and it's projected to happen this summer, so look forward to it. I'm guessing Kikirara is twin stars. Google search suggests so...so that I guess?

Nothing of any detail beyond that.

@LAW - we have a store in London that does mail order. Maybe there's one in the US that does similar?

I didn't think of that.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal