collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Would you be up for another game of Let's Make a Pony?

Yes- Keep polls to forum only.
38 (97.4%)
Yes- Outsource polls to another site.
0 (0%)
Maybe later on in the year...
0 (0%)
No, one game was good enough.
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Let's Make a Pony! Game 2 Anyone?  (Read 4151 times)

Offline PoserBeachball

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Make a Pony! Game 2 Anyone?
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2018, 01:42:57 AM »
I'd love to join in, sounds such fun.

With regard to natural horse markings I'm in two minds - half of me says yes,  dapples for example could look awesome. However markings and colour in horses is very complex and there are just so many variations between and within breeds. How do people feel about having a pony they feel has a look of  a real-life breed in fantasy form sporting a coat pattern that it would never have genetically? (this applies particularly to paint/pinto patterns).  For example, I think the boy ponies have a 'look' of Fell or Dales ponies who have no or miniscule white markings and even though these are fantasy toys it would still not sit quite right to have a pinto version, dapples yes.  Hope that makes sense.............
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 01:51:50 AM by PoserBeachball »

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2018, 10:29:22 PM »
Wow, I missed the last one, but this seems fun.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you :heart:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2018, 11:08:47 PM »
My preference for 'natural horse markings' is only simple / simplified ones that 'fit in' with the stylized look of MLPs.  An example would be Seashell and Bubbles' nose markings.  It's a blaze, which is something real horse's have . . . but it's also an exact, symmetrical diamond.  A simple shape, not overwhelming.

As much as I like seeing artwork of more realistic dapple / appaloosa / etc patterns, they feel more "Breyer" than "MLP" to me.

The last time was so much fun, I'd love to see another one.  I would gladly participate on SurveyMonkey.  :)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 11:16:33 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2018, 07:44:09 AM »
Happy to hear there's more interest from both returning members and new. LMaP is a project for the whole community after all. :grouphug:

Taffeta- I'd like to see Cassie made too, but I can understand why anyone would shy away. She's got a lot going on for one pony. :blush:

Wild Raspberry- Only Hasbro's if we're getting technical. ;) She was a community effort so she belongs to all of us.

Okay, So I've put together a list of ponies/gimmicks, and to avoid the issues of my amateur pony wisdom... If anyone notices something I'm missing from any generation, please let me know so I won't end up leaving it out. Otherwise, the gimmick polls at least will have an 'other' option.

Pony species:
Earth
Unicorn
Pegasus
Alicorn/Unipeg/Pegicorn/Winged Unicorn/whatever you want to call it
Seapony
Merpony
Winger
Flutter
Breezie
Hippogriff
Pony friend (like the one offs: Cutesaurus, Kingsly, Leafy, etc, as well as Griffon's, or G4 movie-introduced species I guess. Spike/dragons DO NOT count here, they will be in accessories)

Pony body gimmicks
Twinkle Eye
Twice as Fancy
Colourswirl
G4 Pearly/Divine Shine/Dazzle Glow/ Water Cutie (aka, transparent body with embedded glitter/confetti)
G1 Pearly/Metallic
Full Art (G3 SDCC-esque)
Gradient Body
So Soft
3D Symbol
Light Up body/feature/articulation/motion/scented (unless there is major objection, I plan to keep this as an 'other' option since it seems kind of excessive in the context of our game)
Would anyone like to see natural horse markings (Appaloosa/Pinto/Paint) as a new option?

Pony hair gimmicks
Tinsel
Ribbon hair
Perfume Puff
Colour Change
Glow in the Dark
Gradient Hair
Brush 'N Grow (unless there is major objection, I plan to keep this as an 'other' option since it seems kind of excessive in the context of our game)

Yep, all of those. What's round 2?

....I'm only kidding.

Maybe one day someone will be brave enough to make a version of Cassie. She is very...busy as a pony, but she is also our pony we created, so it would be lovely. One day O.o. Maybe.

On the natural prints of horses...I think I agree with LM. Only in context of an MLP design. And I know that we use different terms to describe some of the natural horse patterns in the UK from the US so I may not be using them correctly here but I think things like pinto/paint? patterns might be tricky. Dappling and appaloosa type features are kind of bordering on Cotton Candy. I think to have one of those would be saying to not have a symbol as such really. Maybe like Rainbow Magic/Ringlet has stars on her withers and coloured wings but no actual symbol? Given that I think they ought to feature in the symbol section rather than the style of pony section.

I personally like the fantasy element of MLP.

One other suggestion re hair - instead of 'brush and grow' as such, maybe 'super long hair', the G3 term fits better? In G1 we have a few sets with that kind of hair gimmick whereas brush and grow only fits the one specific gimmick. Super long hair implies, well, super long and hairy. If you get my drift. In any case, exceptionally long hair as the feature rather than the mechanism.

Also a missing hair gimmick - ringlets as in the candy cane and rainbow curl style of pony/also Goldilocks.

Yeah, I like hair. Sorry about that :D
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 07:46:05 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline PoserBeachball

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2018, 08:02:30 AM »
Taffeta, ponies ARE all about the hair :) :) :)

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2018, 08:06:15 AM »
Taffeta, ponies ARE all about the hair :) :) :)

:happy:
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2018, 11:15:34 AM »
I wonder if traits used on Cassie should be omitted from the next poll, lest we end up with another white TE TAF unicorn. Or have the community's preferences changed enough since last time?

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2018, 04:08:35 PM »
Re: horse markings. If they were to be implemented, they would be definitely be cartoony, kind of drawing off of the G5 AJ designs where she has a little more going on than a plain coat. If it helps, the gender poll would take place before the gimmick poll, if people wanted to be accurate to horse biology.  ^.^ But hey, even if it's in the poll, it's not like it's guaranteed to be voted onto our pony. But if you're all kind of adament against it, I don't need to add it as an option either.

Despite the decision, a simple blaze is going to be in the facial feature category and not relevant to the horse markings.

On the topic of hair, the brush 'n grow was more about the gimmick of the hair 'growing' more than the default length. I admittedly dropped the style/length from the first round because hair is subjective (some people keep factory style, some like styling to ringlets/braids/etc, rehairs sometimes don't mimic factory length, and so on). Though, I can include a default/factory hair poll if wanted.  :wonder: Voting on length- short/medium/long/Rapunzel long, fringe or no, and style-strait/wavy/ringlets/braids??? Would anyone care for that, or stick with it's up to the individual how they want the hair to look?

Yep, all of those. What's round 2?

Sorry, that was the whole game. It's already been decided that the body and mane was going to be every colour mixed together and a sybol that is a mash up of all the symbols of every released pony. We're calling her Princess Dazzlebelle Sparklepie. ;)

I wonder if traits used on Cassie should be omitted from the next poll, lest we end up with another white TE TAF unicorn. Or have the community's preferences changed enough since last time?

I wasn't planning on it, because even if some things are voted in the same direction, it could still turn into a very different pony, and I don't necessarily want to limit people's freedom in what they can and can't vote on. Though, If the majority would rather they not be an option this round, I can nix them from the vote.

Will edit this post soon, have more lists to share for input.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2018, 11:17:37 PM »
I realise it was the whole game...I was joking ;)

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2018, 11:58:38 PM »
Hmmm . . . interesting idea about the gimmicks from the previous pony being omitted.

What about keeping all the gimmicks available, but eliminating the colors that were used for Cassie?  I.e. any color EXCEPT purple for her main hair color, etc.  Then if we end up with another TE TAF at least she will be different colors than Cassie.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2018, 01:37:02 AM »
Will we be able to vote on the generation, too? Last time the pony looked G1 but the species voting had an option that said "Breezie/unicorn hybrid".

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2018, 01:04:48 PM »
I love the idea of this! I missed it the first time around so I'd love the opportunity to be involved in the evolution of another Arena Pony  :lol:
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline Wild Raspberry

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Be the change you want to see.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2018, 12:30:44 PM »
Hmmm . . . interesting idea about the gimmicks from the previous pony being omitted.

What about keeping all the gimmicks available, but eliminating the colors that were used for Cassie?  I.e. any color EXCEPT purple for her main hair color, etc.  Then if we end up with another TE TAF at least she will be different colors than Cassie.

Ooh I agree with this!

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2018, 05:01:38 PM »

Ooh I agree with this!
I second this.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2018, 09:39:34 PM »
Uhhh...so this is the flakiness you may come to expect.......  ^^; Sorry everyone. I was hoping to start last weekend, but that sure didn't happen. I'm busy this upcoming weekend because, despite my insistence on wanting a quiet day to myself for personal projects, my mom had to have a family get together for my birthday. Literally have not had a family birthday thing in years (which I prefer!) so I'm kind of miffed.  >_< (but not to rant)

Negating the colour options if the same gimmicks are chosen is a good way to go about it. I will definitely veto white body/similar blue hair if we somehow get another Twinkle TaF (it's would be like we're starting our own mini set though, so I wouldn't necessarily be disappointed :P)

Will we be able to vote on the generation, too? Last time the pony looked G1 but the species voting had an option that said "Breezie/unicorn hybrid".

This one is a firm no. Even if the gimmicks/design choice (ie: unicorn with the stripe hair) chosen are all from one generation. I don't want anyone to feel left out because they only collect/like a specific gen, this way people can interpret arena pony as any generation they please. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal