collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: what is going on in this picture. G1 photo from 2014  (Read 3122 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: what is going on in this picture. G1 photo from 2014
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2018, 09:36:19 AM »
So interesting-

Well I think you guys are right- since the photo was taken at Toyfair, they must have been prototypes of the last anniversary set.  How weird that they made the protos with slotted hair...

Offline Bebopgroove

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Esoterous
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2018, 09:25:08 AM »
the funniest thing is, the only other place this photo turns up is in an article about "30 things women over 30 should'nt own" along with the caption under the ponies saying "It’s a fad right now, but that doesn’t make it any less creepy."  :haha:
so - whoever wants to get rid of those little pony creeps - I'll help you out  :biggrin:

I dunno...I find it sad and annoying rather than funny. It's that "We can tell you who to be" mentality about wider society that I hate. And you notice these things are generally targeted at women, rather than at men. Often written by women, as well. I just find it sad...also sexist as it's the usual 'women should grow up, men can carry on playing' mentality.

Also people who spend their time writing lists of things other people they've never met shouldn't have are really creepy O.o. I mean, they're obsessing over the lives of people they don't know O.O.

Same here, I find it quite offensive, to be honest. I've never really let anyone dictate who I am, what I should do and shouldn't do, and have grown up doing as I please, more or less. I could probably go on about how the writer of the article might do things that I'd consider to be creepy, if I knew a hair about the person, but since I don't..

People are always going to make jabs about other people and their passions, likes and hobbies, especially on the internet since they're safe and hidden on the other side of a screen. These people generally also have their own bunch of insecurities they're trying to cover-up and hide.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Wattpad | Flickr gallery (coming soon)
PSN: bebopgroove
Xbox: bebopgroove

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2018, 09:27:22 AM »
Yep. I generally find that the people who spend their lives/are paid to tell other people how to live are the people I feel the most sorry for. If they are just paid to be annoying, well, that's paying bills I suppose - but if they really believe it, then talk about living in a tiny box. That kind of person I pity. If you can't accept someone for who they are then you're not worth getting to know...superficial people have no place in my world.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline KottonKandy

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2018, 09:33:52 AM »
I’m pretty sure it’s just a humorous little article. It’s not offensive. I mean, we are adults collecting children’s toys. It’s an odd hobby. Gotta learn to laugh at yourself sometimes or else you’ll just be miserable thinking everything is a personal insult. We spend our paychecks on toys, so what? If you honestly believe a funny little generic list is personally attacking you, then you may need to step away from the computer for a moment lol.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2018, 11:14:43 AM »
I’m pretty sure it’s just a humorous little article. It’s not offensive. I mean, we are adults collecting children’s toys. It’s an odd hobby. Gotta learn to laugh at yourself sometimes or else you’ll just be miserable thinking everything is a personal insult. We spend our paychecks on toys, so what? If you honestly believe a funny little generic list is personally attacking you, then you may need to step away from the computer for a moment lol.

I don't think it matters if it is meant to be humorous or not. I think it's just as problematic to laugh at it and ignore the fact it can have an impact on someone if they were to be vulnerable to that kind of suggestion. It's the same as the bullying in the playground about what is fashionable - oh, I'm just joking about your shoes being ugly - but to the person receiving the comment, it's not necessarily just a joke.

I am not fussed personally that a random person I've never met thinks ponies are creepy because meh. Random person. I grew up in the 80s and I had mlp skinny and boney sung at me lots of times. But as a person with autism I've also experienced far too many people who like to tell me how to live my life. It has an ongoing impact on your self esteem when people around you act like that, and there are enough people out there these days to believe what the internet tells you to be or do, even if it's tongue in cheek. This isn't just a tongue in cheek article saying, wow, ponies are creepy...O.o. I could live with that. I've seen that lots of times. I've been asked by security staff at my hall of residence even if I shouldn't grow out of the dolls I have here and it doesn't worry me too much. The issue I have with it is that it's an article saying "things women over 30 shouldn't do". Not that it's about ponies.

I don't know. I just don't find it funny that someone thinks it's ok to post something like that in a society where we're meant to be more inclusive of people and their differences. And I'd feel the same whether ponies were included or not.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 11:16:41 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline KottonKandy

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2018, 06:45:28 PM »

I don't think it matters if it is meant to be humorous or not. I think it's just as problematic to laugh at it and ignore the fact it can have an impact on someone if they were to be vulnerable to that kind of suggestion. It's the same as the bullying in the playground about what is fashionable - oh, I'm just joking about your shoes being ugly - but to the person receiving the comment, it's not necessarily just a joke.

I am not fussed personally that a random person I've never met thinks ponies are creepy because meh. Random person. I grew up in the 80s and I had mlp skinny and boney sung at me lots of times. But as a person with autism I've also experienced far too many people who like to tell me how to live my life. It has an ongoing impact on your self esteem when people around you act like that, and there are enough people out there these days to believe what the internet tells you to be or do, even if it's tongue in cheek. This isn't just a tongue in cheek article saying, wow, ponies are creepy...O.o. I could live with that. I've seen that lots of times. I've been asked by security staff at my hall of residence even if I shouldn't grow out of the dolls I have here and it doesn't worry me too much. The issue I have with it is that it's an article saying "things women over 30 shouldn't do". Not that it's about ponies.

I don't know. I just don't find it funny that someone thinks it's ok to post something like that in a society where we're meant to be more inclusive of people and their differences. And I'd feel the same whether ponies were included or not.
Eh, I guess I just think a different way. To me, it's outlandish to try and cater to a select few who become offended over certain things because EVERYONE is offended by something. If we tried to tip-toe around everyone's personal problems, then no one could ever speak again lol. I choose to just roll with it, not take myself so seriously, and just do me. If someone says or does something I don't agree with, my life goes on anyways, regardless of how "mean" or "offensive" they were. I am always free to not associate with people who find me "weird" and I certainly am not required to read internet opinions I don't agree with, and I feel like others need to realize this too rather than expecting everyone else in the world to cater to them. But I know others feel differently and this is just one of those cases where we will have to agree to disagree I suppose

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2018, 06:49:58 PM »
I'd be more worried that it influences someone ELSE, who in turn finds people on that list (like pony collectors) creepy.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2018, 07:00:12 PM »
It's not about being offensive. It's about the impact something like that can have on people. Unfortunately society is such that telling people how to live and what is right and wrong is everywhere in our world. So is the trend of defining things and generalising groups into memes and categories.

It's easy to blame people who are vulnerable to suggestion by saying they're too easily offended. In my mind those are different people from the ones just looking for a reason to complain. If they're offended by it, then they're not going to be influenced by it. That's just common sense.

I am not so fussed about someone reading it and thinking pony folk are creepy. I mean, firstly it means they'll probably leave me alone and secondly it means more ponies for me...I've read worse. I am actually more fussed when so called pony fans actually are creepy and it becomes a major league situation and then we're all tainted by the same brush. That's a much bigger and total other concern.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline starstrider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2018, 04:38:08 AM »
damit i just found this....this is new to me also. lavender my pretty pony
http://www.ponylandtours.com/PonyFair/MLPFair/100_4343.JPG

anyways they had movable/ BBE eyes

OMG, I WANT THAT LAVENDER MPP!  Has anybody ever seen this one before?  It looks authentic and not like a repaint/custom job.  How intriguing!  Perhaps an early MPP prototype of different colour schemes?  Maybe they had originally considered releasing a range of brightly coloured MPP?  If so, I wonder why they decided not to?  It would certainly be a logical link between the MPP and the Year 1 collector ponies - it's a big jump going from brown to technicolour rainbow ponies.  It was a change that took the toy line in a dramatically different direction.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 04:45:37 AM by starstrider »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal