collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dino Riders  (Read 1079 times)

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Dino Riders
« on: January 29, 2018, 03:34:21 PM »
Anyone remember a shortlived cartoon and toy line called Dino Riders?  I'm an old person, but a few weeks ago I recalled a vague memory of a pterodactyl toy with a human using the reptile like a hang glider.  I started googling and rediscovered the Dino Riders!  Seeing the photos, memories came flooding back!  My brother and I had at least four of the figures in the series.  I now remembered flying around the woods near my house for hours with two of the pterodactyl figures.
Well, I'm excited now because I just won an auction that has four of the figures, three of which are my childhood ones!  Its just the dinos, none of the human riders or gear, but I'm still so excited! 
I will post pictures once they get here!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Dino Riders
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 05:56:26 PM »
I don't remember the show, but I found some really cool dinosaurs at a yard sale and picked up a couple on the spur of the moment thinking they might make good gifts/donations.  Then I looked them up and found out they are Dino Riders (and really not suitable for what I was originally intending).  The Stegosaurus is particularly nice and works well.  If you think you might be interested in them just send me a message as I wasn't planning on keeping them but hadn't quite figured out what to do with them.

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

Offline Gator

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 06:18:40 PM »
Pm sent.  Thanks Breyer600

Offline Punaherukka

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 11:15:34 PM »
My sister and I had like ten different toys and we watched the cartoon a lot (it was a pretty decent cartoon). I still have a lot of the dinosaurs and couple riders, but the armor and weaponry is another thing. While the dinosaurs and riders were pretty sturdy, the armor and weaponry were made of rather fragile plastic with lots of hinges and moving parts that broke easily (or got lost). Maybe if I had played with them when I was a bit older, I would have been more careful, but I was around five or six years old when these toys came out and my clumsy hands weren't able to handle the fragile armor with proper gentleness.

When I was a kid, I really wanted one of the big ones, either the tyrannosaurus rex or the brontosaurus (who came with Serena, the only female in the show), but my parents wouldn't get me the expensive ones. When the neighbor kid got the t-rex I was so jealous...  until I saw the actual toy. It was dull gray, not the beautiful green and orange beast seen on the cartoon and on the brand logo. This disappointment in show-versus-toy difference was the pink Celestia of my childhood, hehe...

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 12:11:42 AM »
My brother had a few of them too, and I remember the Pterodaktyl vividly!
I used to steal them from him to include in my Jurassic Park herd in 1993, and I think they are still in that box.
I have some very fond memories here too. They were quite pricey on ebay, last time I checked.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 12:23:50 PM »
YEESSSSSSSSSSS!!

My brother had a diplodocus I remember as being the coolest thing ever!  I didn't like his torosaurus as much, but I liked the ankylosaurus a lot too. 

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2018, 08:44:05 PM »
The ankylosauarus we had/ still have too!

Offline Gator

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 07:04:34 PM »

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2018, 12:44:09 AM »
I remember that series! My godmother had a Dino Riders VHS and it was my favorite thing to watch when we were visiting there. Such good memories. <3

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2018, 11:52:16 AM »
There was a mail order fan club thing a while back, that came with a patch. I will say complete ones can be very expensive.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal