collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 1993 Hasbro Spanish catalogue: Anybody seen these ponies MOC on Spanish Card?  (Read 1722 times)

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
Ooo love Susie & Billie in their different poses, so cute!..... Hope Katie is found one day  :biggrin:

Didn't know Baby Berrytown was originally in a different pose too, has anyone ever found her?
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
As far as I know, no.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Such cool pony history!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline aria_elwen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
Well...uhhh... I feel a bit embarrassed. I didn't know that the rest of the community didn't know these were sold in Spain.

There was a shop in Plymouth that got stock from all over the place and when I say all over..  well you'll see

20180131_171551 by elwen_gilraen, on Flickr
20180131_171538 by elwen_gilraen, on Flickr
And somewhere in the attic I have back cards...

Unfortunately I can't remember which set I had that was Spanish...

I know there's Spanish, German and I think Dutch...and I have a bilingual pamphlet from 1993 in English and German.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 08:23:18 AM by aria_elwen »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
A LOT of ponies ended up here in the UK on non-English cards at the end of the line. We were seriously Hasbro's dumping ground. I remember more French and a lot of German ponies in my locale. Maybe you got the Spanish ones down in Plymouth ;) I remember French and German packaged Rockin' Beats in Woolworths and German Birthday Pony, French Princess Sparkle in Children's World. But I think the only Spanish packaged pony I remember here was Starlight in Wales (!? yeah, try to make sense of that if you can O.o) and she was on her own. All the others with her were in English. I remember trying to decide between the Spanish carded Starlight cos the card was weird or Bright Eyes cos she was my favourite. Bright Eyes won...but I still remember because it was so odd.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline aria_elwen

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
A LOT of ponies ended up here in the UK on non-English cards at the end of the line. We were seriously Hasbro's dumping ground. I remember more French and a lot of German ponies in my locale. Maybe you got the Spanish ones down in Plymouth ;) I remember French and German packaged Rockin' Beats in Woolworths and German Birthday Pony, French Princess Sparkle in Children's World. But I think the only Spanish packaged pony I remember here was Starlight in Wales (!? yeah, try to make sense of that if you can O.o) and she was on her own. All the others with her were in English. I remember trying to decide between the Spanish carded Starlight cos the card was weird or Bright Eyes cos she was my favourite. Bright Eyes won...but I still remember because it was so odd.

Oh don't I know it. I remember coming online in the early 2000s and being thoroughly confused. But when I was little I never batted an eyelid at the packaging. I would've only been about 4 to 6 when some of these were coming out. I can still remember being confused by the first tooth babies having accessories since mine (I have since worked out) were the Dutch club babies.

I have no idea where Woolies got their stock as  I know my birthday pony was there and she's UK release (I remember it saying last time I was up there) but the back of her box is completely different to any other I've seen and I vividly remember getting excited about the new newborn twins on the back of a box but then them never being released here.

But the shop with the stock from everywhere literally had stock from everywhere. They had UK release ones and then ones they must've got from the back of a lorry.

German, French, Spanish, US and Dutch were all fair game down here depending on the shop. ;) Pretty certain the Dutch exclusives were imported but little me just saw them as weird versions of ponies I already had:(

On a different note if someone could remind me how to embed an image I'd be really grateful; it's been awhile since I was active on forums...

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Embedding image - if you see the little line of icons above the emojis, it's the first icon or [ img] [/ img] without the spacing.

I wonder if your Birthday Pony was in the US box? Woolworths used to import a lot of ponies from the States in US boxes and sell them as exclusives. We've managed to track down a few for sure that were sold that way. It's not impossible yours is one like that...
Does the back look something like this?
http://mylittlewiki.org/w/images/thumb/a/ac/Birthday-pony-backcard.jpg/300px-Birthday-pony-backcard.jpg
If so, it might be a US import.

It's interesting what you said about imports. I've heard other people from the southern coastal areas of the UK saying similar about stores specifically importing in stuff from other places. I guess your experience is another example of that. Very cool. (says the girl who grew up stuck in the midlands/welsh marches where distribution was fairly dull for the most part and at times entirely lacking.)

I had baby Tic Tac Toe from new and it took a long time for me to realise her UK box was identical to the US one except for the story. I have seen images of the dutch club versions MOC (I think Molly was also involved with that somehow?) but I didn't know they'd got shipped off over here as well...
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 10:31:34 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline aria_elwen

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
Hmmm... must be something to do with the original image it just comes up with little broken imgs when I try. I'll have a look next time I'm on the laptop. Mobile's are a bit pernickity.

As for Birthday pony... definitely not that one. Next time I'm up there I'll drag my box of goodies down and get my weirdos scanned in.

With the babies I honestly don't remember. I know it was The Range that sold them as back then it was a place of dodgy dealings and was only in Plymouth. It operated similarly to Trago Mills, the owners used to go abroad and bulk buy all sorts of things. They were selling them so cheaply my parents bought three babies at a time.

I was so upset (and fascinated) when I found the normal UK release a couple of years later in one of the equally dodgy newsagents. ;)

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Secrets of a coastal town o.o will be interested to see the birthday pony box image!
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline aria_elwen

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
Secrets of a coastal town o.o will be interested to see the birthday pony box image!

:P So will I now I've gone on about it. Oh, and finally managed to get the images working. It was google drive issue.

And although likely seen before: Anglo-German pamphlet.

Unfortunately it was living in the shed for a while and got damp hence it's slightly less than pristine condition. :(

I may have other pamphlet's in the attic, last time I was up there, there was one or two still stuck to the back of the cards but I don't know if they'll be any different.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
That first one was the one I was wondering about...significant for what is missing rather than what is there. Love the fill in art work though. Thank you for sharing that. I figure LadyPinwheel will be happy to see it. But no family ponies and babies??

All my pony paperwork is at home so I can't do the spot the difference. I have a French, German and English version of that one but not Spanish. I know the Cookery Ponies aren't on the three I have, they should be on the previous insert (I *may* have a Spanish one of those that shows them actually, but can't remember offhand). And there are Nestie babies on the French and German inserts but not on the UK or the Spanish apparently. I can see the family babies are missing on the Spanish but...who else...

Edit: It's Bridal Beauty. Also the Sweet Kisses ponies. I think that accounts for all the spaces...?
Courtesy of google

The other is from 94. I have never seen a version in any other language than the bilingual Anglo German one you have. All these different inserts just prove that generalising Uk and even Europe is basically impossible...

« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 02:30:42 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
I got my birthday pony in the UK in an American box. And i think there's a tiny difference between the first tooth baby boxes - the hanging thingy. One has a punched hole the other has a hook shaped hole. Can't remember, I've got a headache :(

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
I got my birthday pony in the UK in an American box. And i think there's a tiny difference between the first tooth baby boxes - the hanging thingy. One has a punched hole the other has a hook shaped hole. Can't remember, I've got a headache :(

The first tooth baby ponies came on a card here in Spain, I'd love to see them in box! I love the mlp art they did before they started using the same photo on all cards and boxes.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal