collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 1993 Hasbro Spanish catalogue: Anybody seen these ponies MOC on Spanish Card?  (Read 1719 times)

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
Hello all!

I was looking at my Spanish catalogue database and I just noticed something:

I have a couple of images from a Hasbro catalogue from 1993 and there you can see to sets, the Newborn Bedtime ponies and the Best Friend ponies. Both with Spanish names and codes.

BUT! I have never seen them MOC on Spanish card. I'm asking the Spanish community too to see if anyone recalls them from back then.

In fact, I thought the Bedtime NB were exclusive to the UK. And the image of the Best Friend ponies I guess are prototypes, because the poses are not the same.

Any clues?

Here are the photos I have:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks for reading me!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
That looks like my Susie and LadyG's Billie!

...To answer your question, I have the best friends babies on German cards but haven't ever seen them on Spanish.

But that is the first time I have seen them in those poses in promo material O.O

« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 02:09:05 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
I've looked through all the photos I have saved and the only one of those I have on Spanish card is one of the bedtime Newborns, baby Stargaze:
Mi Pequeño Pony. Bebés Dormilones. Estrella ... something I can't read as the photo is blurry.
I also have a photo of the same baby on German card. I'll message you the photos :)
I don't think I would have saved many for the Best Friends though as the accessories are the same and thats what I focus on.

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
I've looked through all the photos I have saved and the only one of those I have on Spanish card is one of the bedtime Newborns, baby Stargaze:
Mi Pequeño Pony. Bebés Dormilones. Estrella ... something I can't read as the photo is blurry.
I also have a photo of the same baby on German card. I'll message you the photos :)
I don't think I would have saved many for the Best Friends though as the accessories are the same and thats what I focus on.

Could you share the photo please? It would be so amazing to see it!

LOOK AT BILLIE AND SUSIE'S POSES LOOK AT THEM LOOK!!!

That looks like my Susie and LadyG's Billie!

*flaps*

...To answer your question, I have the best friends babies on German cards but haven't ever seen them on Spanish.

But that is the first time I have seen them in those poses in promo material O.O

I love seeing prototype ponies!! hahaha!
I just confirmation from two members of the Spanish Community who had ponies from both sets in their childhood. So that is so cool! But the poses are the regular ones.

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
I've PMd you the photos :)

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I have calmed down now. Sorry >.> Almost 20 years with no clue and suddenly bam. A clue.

Whether my pony and Lady G's ponies are the ones in that image or not isn't totally clear - the photo one seems to have slightly darker eyes to me - but it is evidence they were using these as promotional ponies. So the idea of them being a prototype/promotional version of the set before release is plausible. I mean, the actual insert we had shows Katie in that pose and Billie is a paler pink, but neither Susie or Billie matched the ponies LadyG and I have. This image really really does. Someone said years ago that they thought these were European somehow and that there was a Katie -  I bet they got that from seeing this picture or one like it. Question is, how many were there? And also what happened to Katie? O.O

Sorry not to have helped your question. Thank you for giving a bit more of a clue to a longterm one of mine.

(My Susie came off ebay UK, I think LadyG's Billie did too, suggesting that image may have been taken in the UK and then used in catalogues across Europe...? Both of them came in unnoticed auctions without any mention of them being strange or unusual so we have no detail on their origins in either case...but this makes a pretty strong one that they're from the preproduction photograph stage. Maybe even toy fair displays...)

*excited*

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
I have calmed down now. Sorry >.> Almost 20 years with no clue and suddenly bam. A clue.

Whether my pony and Lady G's ponies are the ones in that image or not isn't totally clear - the photo one seems to have slightly darker eyes to me - but it is evidence they were using these as promotional ponies. So the idea of them being a prototype/promotional version of the set before release is plausible. I mean, the actual insert we had shows Katie in that pose and Billie is a paler pink, but neither Susie or Billie matched the ponies LadyG and I have. This image really really does. Someone said years ago that they thought these were European somehow and that there was a Katie -  I bet they got that from seeing this picture or one like it. Question is, how many were there? And also what happened to Katie? O.O

Sorry not to have helped your question. Thank you for giving a bit more of a clue to a longterm one of mine.

(My Susie came off ebay UK, I think LadyG's Billie did too, suggesting that image may have been taken in the UK and then used in catalogues across Europe...? Both of them came in unnoticed auctions without any mention of them being strange or unusual so we have no detail on their origins in either case...but this makes a pretty strong one that they're from the preproduction photograph stage. Maybe even toy fair displays...)

*excited*

I'm glad I could help! I wasn't aware that you had the prototypes!! That is SO exciting!!  :iconclap: :iconclap: :iconclap: I think I got these images from eBay, because they don't have watermarks. But can't remember.

I'd love to see photos of your ponies! I have several other catalogues from Spain or in Spanish, so if you need any, let me know. Maybe something exciting pops up ^^

ETA: I also have another image from this same catalogue that shows Princess Sparkle, with her Spanish name "Destellos Reales".
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 02:29:15 PM by LadyPinwheel »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I only have Susie. LadyG has Billie - I have sent her a message about this thread just now. They are both in the gallery though. Billie and Susie have both been to pony meets in the past, and have 'met' each other but we don't know where Katie is , if she survived. She's never been found, but your booklet indicates again that she existed. So who knows where she ended up.

I would love to be able to use that image on my site when I get to updating, just to suggest where Billie and Susie came from. I would also be really interested to know what else is in that booklet, because that was the year of the Nestie babies. We didn't have them here officially though someone has one in a UK box (not sure what happened there, maybe we had a small release?) They're not on the UK inserts for this year but they are on the French and the German ones, so would be interesting to know if they are in the Spanish booklet??

This is the image I have of Billie on my site:

It;s NOT LadyG's image but I lost contact information for the person who sent it to me. We don't know if LadyG's pony is the same as the one in this image or proof there are two...LadyG's is in the gallery. She has a bit more playwear than Susie.

This is LadyG's from the Gallery

And when the two of them met in London ;)

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
I only have this other image:

I'm going to try and find the source, but I've had these saved in my computer for a long time :/

ETA: Found some images of the same catalogue, but in another site. Only one more MLP page to add:

According to the index, there are 13 pages of MLP products!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 02:43:22 PM by LadyPinwheel »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
That is interesting too though. The Palabritas...in accurate poses and colours. The insert for the talking ponies here shows a prototype I think from a US image originally...she is pink and has a closed mouth. But those are store accurate, pretty much. So it suggests that those images were closer to the store release timewise? Although I guess the palabritas were already out by then so maybe not...

I would be very interested in any Spanish catalogue images you have, genuinely. Even if none of them can be used on the website, it's still more information on the big gaps in European knowledge stuff, and yeah. Now I feel like I'm a little step closer to understanding who my Susie is and where she came from. And best guess right now is Hasbro UK or a European Hasbro's promotional machine...

The kitchen picture, the bedtime newborns and the cookery ponies all are the same images used in the UK pamphlet...probably also the Spanish one. It's the pamphlet image not the backcard one because the pegasus cookery pony is there and on the backcard she's replaced by the accurate Sweet Delight I *think*.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 02:45:38 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
I just found this on eBay:

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
That;s in English. But the same image. So maybe it is the case that those pictures were taken in the UK, given that Billie and Susie both appeared here...

Interesting and awesome :D Some of those images match the insert, but some don't...and it's interesting how there the parents and babies are split up.

Baby Berrytown still the wrong pose though...so I guess that means she's maybe out there too, somewhere??
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
:cheer:

Ladypinwheel posted this on Instagram and I was going to show you Taffeta, I couldn't believe my eyes.

I've seen a Baby Count-A-Lot with Baby Meadow Sweets hair, but she's not in the Baby Ember pose.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I know! Isn't it exciting? It's like the missing link in the puzzle. I think with this we can really assume they were part of the promotional trail even if we can't prove they are those exact ones in the image. I've always thought they might be production samples...I just want to know even more now what happened to Katie O.O. Is she still out there somewhere? These things do sometimes still turn up - will we ever see Katie turn up?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Perikoala

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Searching pictures of Spanish cards to include to a Spanish Ponies database, I found a Bebés Dormilones card. Just one and I'm not sure if its of your interest anymore. I'll leave it here just in case (pictures not mine. Saved them from TC)

Spoiler

I remember I had a baby pony with yellow body + pink/redish? hair when I was a child. I can't remember her very well because I was 5 or 6 years old and I didn't keep her for too long (I gifted her to a classmate's baby sister, I don't know why I did that...). But with those colors, I think she could only be Baby Katie or Baby Bye Byes/Baby Schlummerlein (unless I'm missing other yellow+pink ponies) and the year was between 1990-1991, maybe 1992 so I'm not sure if Spain ever had the Best Friends Ponies set. I couldn't find any MOC pictures either :shrug:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal