collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Love from My Little Pony...1986 style  (Read 1265 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Love from My Little Pony...1986 style
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2018, 11:35:16 AM »
At least you got Tickle >.>

Back on point, is Tickle illustrated in the fliers for the Rainbow Pony mail order? I did wonder whether that offer comprised the rainbow ponies that were coming to the UK but didn't get here, but if it's not a complete set maybe not? Also, is Tickle more difficult to find second hand for you guys? Makes me wonder about production in general, as I haven';t seen a European style Rainbow card without Tickle pictured on it (just ones missing Flutterbye and Starflower respectively).

Actually I never got her new in store. I only was able to find her many years later at a flea market. I like to thank Nascar for Tickle, because I would have never found her had I not been attending a Nascar race and happen to go to the random flea market. It was kinda weird how it worked out seeing as Tickle was nicely bagged in a plastic bag and it was only one of a couple ponies the lady had but it was a joyous moment for me that I can't describe. I was so overjoyed that I even asked the pony as I took her out of the bag; 'where the hell have you been, I've been looking for you for 10 years' :p

What a wonderful memory. :)
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2018, 07:09:49 PM »
SO cool to see. I recently found my card of regret from G3 but that's not as cool as a the one from 1986... it was made on a typewriter! What kids here have used one of these machines? ;p
~Foxtale~

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2018, 08:06:25 PM »
What a great story!  I started reading the flyer and for a second thought they had attached it to the new reissue.  I used a typewriter to type my homework through my senior year of high school (1995). Somewhere I have a vintage 50s one that I'd use if it would work. Keeping it old school. :art:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2018, 10:27:18 AM »
Here is another scan of the original 6. I forget but am thinking this came with the mail order version of them, I know i never aquired some of these ponies in store back in the day so I think some of mine are MO. So this pamphlet may have potentially come with the ones I ordered...I just dont' remember at this point.

Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2018, 11:16:05 AM »
Uni, keep them coming xD. It's like little pieces of pony history from across the sea ;D

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2018, 12:15:23 PM »
Uni, keep them coming xD. It's like little pieces of pony history from across the sea ;D

I actually decided to make myself a facebook page to add my pony stuff. I had been wanting to do it for a while, plus since photobucket turned into a money hangry beast it's easier to share photos from facebook. I'm hoping to eventually at least have pictures of my individual ponies and most of my pamphlets and other stuff on there, but as I add one there I'm also trying to post it here if it's relevant.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2018, 04:27:36 PM »
I was gonna put an official MLP think on my facebook collection page, but instead I found this while looking through my big red pony binder. I hand made wedding invitations for the NC Pony meet in 2010.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal